BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.49 > New

New

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/10/2010 10:02:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey all, I just started playing, is there any tips that you might be willing to give me.

This Post:
156488.2 in reply to 156488.1
Date: 09/10/2010 21:22:37
Overall Posts Rated:
welcome aboad beezy! lots of tips fo you.
1. be patient! it will take a while to get a feel for the game and see results.
2. check out the game manuel and help forum, lots of good info there.

Ok, now on to beginer steps
take a good look at your roster and deterime who should start at each position. click on any of the ratings to see the list from atrotious up to legendary. At this level respectable and up is pretty good.

PG needs outside defense, passing, jump shooting, handling
SG needs outside defense, jump shooting, jump range
SF needs outside and inside defense
PF and C need inside scoring, inside defense and rebounding

Other stats help of course, but those are the primary for each position.

if you have any really bad players, dont bother trying to sell them, just cut them and save salary. It may take a couple of games to figure this out. If you feel you need an immediate upgrade at any position, look for players between 4k-6k salary per week and dont spend more than 50k per player. You can find some great deals on some solid players. I picked up all my early starters for less than 50k per.

I just cut a decent rookie who would be great for a startup coach, dangit. anyways, I have a decent PG and SF I was planning on cutting if they dont transfer, I can put them up for $1k on the transfer wire and I'm sure no one else will bid on them. Even with bidding they will be less than 25k i am sure. These are guys I started with and now have replaced with better talent.

Dont do anything drastic in the begining, get used to the site, get used to the rating system, get a feel for how players play at certain ratings. It's a fun game once you get the hang of it.

There are about 6 active coaches here, myself the Cyborgs, Red Flags, Skunder Thunker, Super Sonics, TX Falcons, and BYU Cougars. They might have some tips for you too.

any questoins email me :) good luck!