Help - English > TO + TO = normal?

TO + TO = normal?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
161077.2 in reply to 161077.1
Date: 10/14/2010 15:23:13
Overall Posts Rated:
lol, thats pretty funny... 5 turnovers in a row. I think it is just a coincidence, though players' low handling and high defensive skills certainly do contribute to a higher chance for turnovers, as do the offensive and defensive tactics.

This Post:
161077.3 in reply to 161077.1
Date: 10/15/2010 03:52:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Team A steal the ball and often in just seconds Team B steals it back or team A throws the ball out of bounds.

I have made the same observation. I have no idea how large portion of steals are followed by another steal or turnover, but it seems to happen so often I pretty much expect to see it in every game.

My guess is that the players simply have weaker passing and scoring opportunities as they are converting from a defensive scheme to offensive one (I would imagine the GE handles this somewhat differently than moments following a defensive rebound). Those first ten seconds following the steal seem very risky. In addition, depending on who steals the ball it may more often end up in the hands of a player who normally gets it mostly when he has a safe passing lane or a good scoring opportunity, such as your PF suddenly expected to play as PG.

Anyway, it could be that we are only seeing things here. Those things definitely happen, and they definitely happen pretty often, but I'm not sure if they happen abnormally often. Your example is of course pretty extreme.

This Post:
161077.5 in reply to 161077.4
Date: 03/06/2011 06:06:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I have seen a TO after another a huge cuantity of times. I have a teory of how it works:

Imagine the GE gives you a cumulative penalization on handling for each possesion. When you reach 4-6 posessions, a TO becomes more probable. Imagine this penalization works for the two teams and rise exponencially. It would be easy as it hapens that the two teams find this penalization too hight to keep the ball nearly at the same time. In the other hand, if you have a hight hadling in all your players, perhaps you can live with this penalization one or two posesions more and reiniciate it a bit later, having less TO than the other team at the end of the match.

I know this system is not very realistic, but perhaps it is easy to programe and developers implemented it like that when they created the GE. This could explain the usual TO + TO that we can see many times. Someone thinks it could be possible?

Sorrry for my english, i hope i have get understood.

This Post:
161077.7 in reply to 161077.6
Date: 03/06/2011 09:18:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Not if the exponential charater of this penalty makes that similar handling skills ends working nearly the same, specially when penalization to handling resets at the beguining of each quarter. But i am speculating, of course yo can find problems and exceptions and i have no proves of what i am saying. It could work li this or it could not. I am more interested in people that agree it could be like that than arguing with people that do not.

I thnk i made several otograph foults. sorry for that, i am taking this interventions in english forums as an english language practice. Correct me if necessary.