BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Help the Hillbillies please

Help the Hillbillies please

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/22/2011 09:29:03
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm new to this. Although I was GM of a team for about 10-12 games of the past season and did lead it to 14 wins, most of them after I took over.

Anyway, what should I do with my team to build a winner? I'm not sure which players I should be building around. Lucas Benoit and Bronisław Nych are my obvious leaders, but should I continue to build around them when they are now 24 or so? How should I treat their training from this point forward?

Which young players on my team should I be working on for future stardom? And how do I go about getting them there?

I only have 10 players but I feel 8 of them are highly quality players. I could b e wrong on that. You tell me. And should I up that to 12, 14 or even 16 players? Do I need a full roster when I only play a few? I rotate 8 or 9 each game, is that enough?

Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do I need to post my players here or just let you look at them yourself? What's the standard on that when posting on here?

Last edited by CLegend33 at 10/22/2011 09:30:24

This Post:
199118.2 in reply to 199118.1
Date: 10/22/2011 15:03:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Clearly those two that you stated are your best players but since they are 24 and 26 they arent worth training anymore, so Id try to start training some of your younger players. Also just so you know, because i know a lot of newer players think your players always need good potential, they really don't unless they are under 22 years old because the potential is only crucial when you are trying to train them and once they hit 23 or 24ish you cant really train them as much anymore. You have three 19 year olds and two 18 year olds on your team right now plus the 3 players you will be getting from this upcoming draft so your going to have to decide which ones your going to train. You should only be training 2 or 3 players at the same position. For example (2 centers and a PF) or (1 PG and 2 SGs) Or (2 SF's and a PF). Of course those are just examples but you should never try to train 2 players that cant train together such as a center and a PG. IT just doesnt work very well. With the rest of your younger players that you cant train, I would sell because you could get some money off them and because they wont help you very much if you cant train them. Personally I would be training Noe Jarvis and Jaska Rabadzija but it also depends on who you get in the draft and what position players they are. As for the number of players, I usually think 10-12 is fine. AKA starters, backups, and one or two trash players just to keep minutes looking good. It would be nice if i could see those two rookies that I listed up above skills so I could give you some advice on how to train them and then if you could also let me know if you get anybody good in the draft. Hope this helps some and I hope i didnt bore you to death :P

-Oggagala-

This Post:
199118.3 in reply to 199118.2
Date: 10/23/2011 05:55:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the reply.

Is there any benifit to winning scrimmage games? For example, I assume the way to train the young guys is to get them a lot of minutes in scrimmage games. Do they get better training in a win than in a loss?

This Post:
199118.5 in reply to 199118.3
Date: 10/24/2011 15:24:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the reply.

Is there any benifit to winning scrimmage games? For example, I assume the way to train the young guys is to get them a lot of minutes in scrimmage games. Do they get better training in a win than in a loss?

If you don't like the color red very much, winning scrimmages makes glancing at your schedule more appealing. But otherwise, no, scrimmages are just to get minutes for your trainees and for backup guys for gameshape purposes, if that matters much at all to you.

This Post:
199118.6 in reply to 199118.5
Date: 10/24/2011 17:28:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm correct that as long as a player has 48+ minutes it is all the same? It does not help a player to get 80 minutes as opposed to a player who only gets the 48?

Maybe I've been doing it wrong. Each scrimmage, I look at players who have 48+ minutes and I automatically sit them to get someone else minutes. But most weeks I will have 4 or 5 players with 48+ minutes training. Any advantage or disadvantate to this? What is the correct way, or most effective way, to get my guys where I want them to be?

Also, maybe it is just me, but I did some studying, both of my team and other teams, and it appeared to me that to train a well-performaing PG at SG during a scrimmage, and then putting him back at PG to start the next game, always leads to a drop in production. For example, Player X is a PG who averages 20 points and 6 assists per game, both among the league leaders, and he is used at SG for a scrimmage. The very next regular season game, his stats will be down across the board, pretty drastically in some cases. Anyone else ever noticed this? Or am I just crazy?

This Post:
199118.7 in reply to 199118.6
Date: 10/24/2011 21:50:46
Overall Posts Rated:
A player who gets 80 training minutes gets the same amount of training as one who plays a full 48. I would suggest not letting your players play 80 minutes, it's not good for game shape.

To answer your last question, playing a player in a different position will NOT affect his performance in other games. But overplaying a player during a week could cause to a drop in game shape, which does affect how he plays in the following week.