BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Training PG/SG opinion needed

Training PG/SG opinion needed

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/25/2011 12:42:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Anyone who is reading my questions on here probably thinks I'm an idiot. I'm not, I'm just very new to this and looking for answers to simple things.

So let's say my plan is to train PG and SG. I shoudl train those guys on something every week and not ever train my inside guys, correct? What should be my focus when training them? Should I get four and five players 48 minutes in the training positions, or is there a downside to this? I ask because sometimes in scrimmages I play a player out of position and put him in there just to get him minutes. In short, does it help my players if only 2 or 3 players get minutes at the training position instead of 5 or 6?

If I only train PG and SG, do my young inside guys progress at all or do they just become worthless?

Also, I'm in league V.91....... what does that mean exactly? And how do I move up? Can I also move down? When and where does this happen? When it does happen, my guys who are stars and average 20 points per game, are they the same players or are the players in the higher leagues that much better?

Thanks for any and all help.

This Post:
199401.4 in reply to 199401.2
Date: 10/25/2011 13:08:48
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks. That is helpful. I will check out the FAQ also.

Any opinions on what specific areas I should focus on in training PG and SG? Would I ever train them on inside things like inside shot or inside defense? Or is that useless and I should only train them on things specific to guards?

This Post:
199401.5 in reply to 199401.4
Date: 10/25/2011 13:15:29
Overall Posts Rated:
(144856.35)

However, inside skills also help. Inside shot helps with lay ups, inside defence helps defend lay ups, and rebounding always helps. However, these skills massively increase salary, so if you are just getting started training guards, i would not worry about them.

Personally, i would start jacking up outside defence (OD) and jump range (JR) because these skills train the slowest, therefore you should train them when your trainees are youngest. After a season of each, your trainees should be prominent-sensational in these skills, and picked up pops in driving (DR), handling (HN) and Jump Shot (JS). the next two seasons (age 20 and 21) you can decide how you want to allocate your time. just my opinion, i'm sure others will disagree.

Last edited by packer_22 at 10/25/2011 15:38:00