BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > Canada U21 - Season 18 Year in Review

Canada U21 - Season 18 Year in Review

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/30/2012 23:23:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Did not want to write this post so early. Oh well. Tonight Canada lost to Chile 90-74. It was our second loss in a row and sent us straight to the repechage next season. Both games we TIEd and our opponent CT'd. Both times I should have normaled. Oh well.

Season started off well with win after win and our first loss came to the beast of a team in the USA U21 by only 4 points on neutral court, equal enth, equal effort and not our ideal lineup. Either way a loss is a loss. We continued onto the second round and a great first victory over Brasil got us off to a good start. Bolivia and Ecuador were easily defeated.

Then against Colombia, maybe it was my sense that teams would not CT, maybe it was the fact I refused to play LI. Either way we TIEd and went with a motion. Colombia CT'd and went Low Post. The loss hurt as we were still within 8 when the final buzzer rang.

Next up was Chile and after some discussions on the offsite forum I was convinced to normal. I did not change the lineup though and we TIE'd. The result? Well we all know. Either way we now finish the pool in third and are looking at a repechage group that could contain Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland or Poland. Not the best opponents. Anyways thought I would finish off with some awards!

MVP
This award goes to the player the team relied on, the player that played well all season long.
It was between Di Donato, Dock and Arsenault for me. Dock did not play in the last two games due to GS. Di Donato had some bad shooting days that hurt the team. Arsenault was the clear victor for this one. Congratulations Duncan Arsenault(1773228) for winning the Season 18 U21 MVP award!

Most Underrated Player
Awarded to the player who did all the little things to help the team, who stayed consistent all season long and could be counted on for a shot. Nominess were Barbiroli, Dock and Singer. Dock was consistent, but could not play every game. Singer carried us in a couple games, but was also non existent in others. The award went to Barbiroli.
Congratulations to Placido Barbiroli(17732037) for winning the Season 18 U21 Most Underrated Player award.

Most Hated Player
Clyde Crockett(17731631). I hate that guy.

Well that was the first season of my first term. Not what I hoped for, but learned alot and I am excited for next season. Bring it on!

Let the scouting being! -__ joy.

This Post:
207736.2 in reply to 207736.1
Date: 01/31/2012 10:54:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Underrated eh'? Well I thought he sucked in the game against Chile, so appoligize on his behalf.

Great season Bballin!! Well done.