BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.70 > Bothered by criticism.

Bothered by criticism.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/05/2012 23:07:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone. I'm from Chicago. Coach Tom Thibodeau has been criticized for leaving D-Rose in in the last 1:30 of a 12 point game. This is very unfair. Kobe, MJ, D-Wade, LeBron, Magic, Bird, you name them, and they would be on the court in a similar situation. I can not understand why he has taken flak for that.

Now that D-Rose is out, he is getting criticized for being "out-coached". You know what good coaching is? When your team is making open looks, you are a good coach. When your star players are making plays, you are a good coach.

It IS possible to be a bad coach. I'm not saying that coaching doesn't matter. It IS possible to be a good coach. Match-ups, defensive assignments, rotations, and how well your players know their job on the floor is very important.

The criticism of Thibs is very ill-conceived and unwarranted in the opinion of THIS arm-chair expert.

This Post:
215739.2 in reply to 215739.1
Date: 05/06/2012 07:36:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the league.

I'm not that big of a basketball guy, but I don't understand the criticism either. I only watched part of Game 1 of the Bulls-Sixers series, so I don't know if they have been getting outplayed. But I think that Thibodeau should get cut some slack with Rose out. I know they did well in the regular season, but this is the playoffs. The team was counting on Derrick Rose to lead them to a championship. I don't know if they'll play as well if their leader is out of the game.