BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.59 > Predictions!

Predictions!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/03/2012 12:20:15
Overall Posts Rated:
As of right now I predict there are only 3 teams in the big 8 and 3 teams in the great 8 that have a shot of winning promotion...

I think the Titans are the favorite to come out of the Big 8. LA and Shake are close behind and very well can win it also.

I feel as of now I am the favorite to come out of the Great 8. However, it would not shock me if Static won or last years winner takes it either.

It will be a chess match from here on out.

To the new managers, do not get discouraged with losing records. Learn the game and if you love this game you will go far. Many teams have a chance to win the league in their second season playing. Do your homework in this game and things will pay off.

This Post:
227917.2 in reply to 227917.1
Date: 10/03/2012 19:31:20
Overall Posts Rated:
im 3-1 since ive joined ill probally finish around 8-14 but not make the playoffs

This Post:
227917.3 in reply to 227917.1
Date: 10/04/2012 12:42:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Seems a little odd to me to be making a thread like this, considering those you mentioned in real contention for promotion are the only ones (beside me, obviously) that are regularly active on the site. I'm just doing my part to bow out of the way of you superpowers and not end up finishing below 5th.

I'm also aware your last paragraph isn't directed entirely at ME, but I'm still a little bit offended by the patronizing tone I personally am sensing. Even with a losing record, I think this season has been a major improvement over that of my predecessor, and I'll likely have more wins this year than he did in his final year (seven). I'm just hoping to get the chance to catch up with Burke and apply some pressure. That, and figure out how to sign good players on the TL without collapsing my budget completely.

This Post:
227917.4 in reply to 227917.3
Date: 10/04/2012 15:04:29
Overall Posts Rated:
If you think you know everything about this game already then good for you. It really takes 3 seasons to get a good grasp of this game and there will be more errors too come.

I had a rough first two seasons and made many mistakes. Before this season I got rid of every player on my team but one because I knew they were not the right fit for me.

Deal with the first season as a losing season. I had a losing first season and so did most if not all in contention for promotion this season.

If you are offended by what I wrote than you are going to have to deal with it because there was no intent on my part to offend but merely help the new player that might enjoy this game.

This Post:
227917.5 in reply to 227917.4
Date: 10/04/2012 15:18:29
Overall Posts Rated:
I like active players in a league. That is why I was upset that Heavy Rain and Poor Shooters left. I was going to predict that Poor Shooters was going to win the league this year because I felt the owner was top notch.

The winner of our league last season got rid of every player from last season to compete in the division 4 league. Sometimes you have to tell yourself that things are not working and it is time to shake things up.

And to tell you what I still have a lot to learn about this game. Because the Titans and Shake's strategy is totally different than mine. That is in terms of the players they go for.

Just look at all the winning rosters in leagues and figure out what they are doing. Pick what works for you and will make you happy.

This Post:
227917.6 in reply to 227917.5
Date: 10/04/2012 18:35:24
Overall Posts Rated:
Well... Me personally, I played a few seasons back also and quit, played for three seasons, and this is my second one back now, I've NEVER had a losing season;) and I've been in decently active leagues, also.

This Post:
227917.7 in reply to 227917.6
Date: 10/04/2012 18:58:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Killer Ducks has been impressive in Div 4... He is second place.... What was your record in Div 4 LA?

This Post:
227917.8 in reply to 227917.7
Date: 10/06/2012 15:18:43
Overall Posts Rated:
I had one season in D4, I was tied record wise for 1st. But was in second. Being 75 PD behind. Than I quit.

This Post:
227917.9 in reply to 227917.3
Date: 10/07/2012 14:15:33
Overall Posts Rated:
With that roster you have... There is no chance you stand a chance against Lionz, Wooster, me, or Static or The Earthworms. I'm sorry to say it. You're being a bit cocky for your highest paid player being a whopping... 4.7k salary! Being 32... Having no chance to improve. Look at my roster, at ages/potential, I have some older players yes, but I bought them for cheap, and they aren't any MAJOR part of my team, I could replace them at any time and do good.

This Post:
227917.10 in reply to 227917.9
Date: 10/07/2012 17:49:15
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm sorry, but at what point did I ever say in my original post I was being cocky about winning this league? I KNOW my players are sub-average, and I know I have no chance in hell of standing against any of you big dogs, hence the whole "letting the brawlerz thru" mentality of my message. If anything, you sound pretty boastful reminding me of something I already knew.

What I meant was that I feel I am doing pretty good for a new user, in comparison to the massive influx of newbies that are just showing up, and because I have roughly half a season on them, that gives me an advantage when it comes to them. Thus, there are roughly three levels of categorization for the teams in my conference: the top 3 (competing for playoff spots), me & Burke (fighting for the 4th PO spot), and everyone else inheriting abysmal bot teams. That last group is who I'm looking to finish ahead of, and from which I will feel a sense of accomplishment if/when I succeed.

Also, I don't make it a hobby to over-analyze the rosters of my fellow competitors, especially those who have already played and beaten me. I just go with what formations of players feels best suited for the situation, adjusting playing time to accommodate whatever training I'm running that week. Besides, Lionz already PM'd me some advice on using the transfer market, and I will take into consideration going forward. I certainly don't need you throwing my lack of resources and proper players in my face in an effort to brag at and/or taunt me.

Besides, don't you have more important things to worry about, Robbie? Like that concussion you suffered earlier today? :p

This Post:
227917.11 in reply to 227917.10
Date: 10/08/2012 04:00:36
Overall Posts Rated:
My Prediction: Titans win the league!