BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.54 > Season 21 Closing In

Season 21 Closing In

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/17/2012 18:51:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Whew!!! 15-0 for Naptown but it will surely end when we play Soul Legends as it looks like they are built to move right on up to D-4. Its still up for grabs with Olmers who wouldnt surprise me if they ended up in the finals as they are a team that can get HOT and take the game over anytime. Maui is another team on the rise as they too can hang around and hang around and BAM! Get red hot and shut ya down. As for the Great 8, Muggles, Triple, Court Murderers are all dangerous and better at defense this season than in the past. But to me Soul Legends will use they're tenacious "D" and run n gun you or play down low. Predictions anybody???? I thought for sure I played my cards right and went out and got better on offense, but my defense gives up way too much to win the title. I am looking to give up a couple of my descent players to get me a 50k big guy for next season rather my Naptown Pacers are still in this division or moved up. Good luck to all of you as playoffs draw closer. I hope for an injury free ending so its somewhat competitive.

This Post:
228519.2 in reply to 228519.1
Date: 10/19/2012 23:41:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I wish you good luck man. As for me, we'll see how far the Ohmers will actually go by the end of next week, since I'll be playing the Naptown Ps, SoulLegends, and Maui Islanders in a row. This will probably foreshadow what will happen in playoffs, and I think you all will put up a big fight. I'm not gonna leave unscathed for sure.

This Post:
228519.3 in reply to 228519.2
Date: 11/01/2012 20:50:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. This league actually has forum posts. I wish my league did...
Anyway, I'm the Ohmer's manager's friend (sort of).
Just came to look around his league.
Hi guys.

This Post:
228519.4 in reply to 228519.1
Date: 11/02/2012 17:50:59
Muggles Basketball Club
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Naptown, pull the other leg mate. I think you're still odds on favourite ;). I just hope the Great 8 teams can put in a fight for the title. Good luck all!

This Post:
228519.5 in reply to 228519.4
Date: 11/02/2012 22:02:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I just realized that I've seen the Soul Legends team before! If Soul Legends manager is reading this, didn't you use to be in League V.37? I made this team in Season 17, which is when you won V.37 finals. Good times...

This Post:
228519.6 in reply to 228519.5
Date: 11/03/2012 08:06:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Im not sure where he came from, he entered V-54 last season and went out and got a few awesome players that are 20k and higher. I beat them early this season but it was with my team having horrible game shape and his too probably and it went down to the wire. We play again this coming tues, and if we win our playoffs will have to face ea other in the semi's.

This Post:
228519.7 in reply to 228519.5
Date: 11/03/2012 23:48:05
Overall Posts Rated:
yea i remember you lol. Good times indeed. It was tough for me on IV league, and made a huge decision to sell my best players, tank, got demoted back to league V, etc...Last season on midway through the season, I decided to get top level talent that would compete for me in the next 4 years or so. I decided to go get a point guard+Power Forward while i was leveling up my Center which I can honestly say he will be worth almost 30k by next season...Beau worth is not accurate at the moment since the start of the season, He has grown almost just as good in stats as my powerfoward who is worth almost 34k...

As for this season, Naptown Ps is a big concern for me in order to win it all this season. Naptown Ps team has beaten my team this season, and the next upcoming game can determine our stance on who will win vs the other if it comes down to semi finals this upcoming play-offs. As to the rest of the league, Muggles will have their hands full vs Triple and Bash in the play-offs...Ohmers is tough as well, and can bring about a surprise win vs me or Naptown Ps if we aren't careful in the playoffs. Glad to see this forum is active!

This Post:
228519.8 in reply to 228519.7
Date: 11/04/2012 06:32:08
Overall Posts Rated:
So thats why you came in this league with a bang??!!! You came into it last season and started moving up and this season you have been wipping out everybody. Ive been checking you're team out since we played earlier this season and you had 1 bad quarter and damn near came back and won the game. You have a nice team. After loosing in the playoffs the last 3 seasons I thought for sure i would walk right through it season but i dont think i can match up well against some of you're guys well. It will be fun and competitive. So you came from a D4 squad? I can see its super competitive in many of those leagues while other D-4 teams are no better than you and me. The BB machine wouldnt let you stay in D4 and rebuild? B/c I know before I can move on I need me a 25K player or 2 to be competitive. Anyway man..Good luck the rest of the way. This game coming up is going to be tuff on me b/c some of my players stamina is below average. Which means I will or should have them ready when playoffs roll around in a couple of weeks.

This Post:
228519.9 in reply to 228519.3
Date: 11/04/2012 22:16:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, Killer Pumpkins??? I faced you awhile back in a scrimmage. I think a couple of times. Name def sounds familliar. Yeah Olmers is a good guy. Good team he has. Frustrares the hell out of ya. He stays within 10-12 pts and the 4th qrt he comes back. Did it to me a few times over the past few seasons. Me and him both have always been in the playoffs and get knocked out by someone like Soul Legend who comes in from being relegated from D4 and just takes over. Probably b/c teams like that have some expierence over teams like us who dont get it just yet. Well, I hope I have it this season. Love this game..Dig the competition....for the exception of BOT teams. Good luck to ya bud. Hope to see ya in D-4 in the coming month or so.

This Post:
228519.10 in reply to 228519.9
Date: 11/06/2012 23:50:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't quite remember playing you. But we might play soon. Looks like you're promoting do D-4 even if you don't win finals, since you've got a no-loss record. I plan to make it to finals in my league and hope that everyone in other conference wear each other out. I have good chances in my conference, but the other might be a little tricky. I bet on Ohmers to win V.54 next season. I'm pretty sure he's built up a good deal of money. He's going to do something big in offseason, I think.