BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.62 > S21 Playoffs

S21 Playoffs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/25/2012 21:41:13
Overall Posts Rated:
With only a couple weeks left, where does everyone see the standings ending up? Will the playoff picture look the same as it does now, or will anyone shake things up? Who will be the top seeds on each side? Who will be in the relegation games? Most importantly, who wins it all?

This Post:
228877.2 in reply to 228877.1
Date: 10/26/2012 23:10:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I will find out how I stack up against the top 2 teams(Sleepy, and Jewl) in the coming weeks, so ill let you know after that haha.

This Post:
228877.3 in reply to 228877.2
Date: 10/27/2012 18:35:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Right before tonight's games, playoff bids are secure M.O.E.Y.L., mon3y12, and Chicago Machine for the Big 8 and sleep1, Jeweled Self-Dribbling Basketball, and Boston Beavers in the Great 8. Those teams are all definitely in, just the exact playoff seed it yet to be determined.
On the Big 8 side, the final playoff spot could go to any of 4 teams, with Chica Go Bares in the driver's seat. On that same note, the relegation games could be played by any of 5 teams right now. On the Great 8 side of things, Kukumonga Kumquats, ElictricThunder, and Sexy Poodles are all still alive for the playoffs. With more distance on this side of the league, the relegation game will most likely come down to a combination of the bottom 3, unless Sexy Poodles manage to steal the 4 or 5 spot.

With only 5 games to go, there is still a lot that could happen. I'll give another breakdown after tonight's games.

This Post:
228877.4 in reply to 228877.3
Date: 10/28/2012 11:39:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for posting and being active! Good to see some life on the forum.

This Post:
228877.5 in reply to 228877.4
Date: 10/28/2012 12:16:21
Overall Posts Rated:
It could just be that I get bored easily haha

Following last night's games, the top 3 in both conferences remain the same. Both conferences only have the 4th seed left open and it is up for grabs in the Big 8 with with 3 teams vying and Dudu Kingdom with an outside shot, but a bit more selective in the Great 8 with only 2 teams having legitimate chances while Sexy Poodles need to win out and get a lot of help from the two in front of them.

M.O.E.Y.L will have to run the gauntlet this next week facing mon3y12 on the road and then getting Chicago Machine at home for a televised event. This week should be the deciding factor in where the top 3 places in the Big 8 shake out as only 1 game separates them.

The top two in the Great 8 face off this week with Jeweled Self-Dribbling Basketball playing host to top ranked sleepy1. sleepy1 is in control of their 1-seed destiny holding a 2 game lead over JSDB.

Interesting match-ups with playoff implications for the Big 8: Every game for the current 4-7. Amazingly enough, this week those 4 teams only play amongst each other, while the top 3 battle it out with Tysots B.C. thrown in there.

Interesting match-ups with playoff implications for the Great 8: KK should come out of the week 1-1 at worst, which would still give them the 4 seed going into the final week. ET, however, plays 3 seed Boston Beavers and 6 seed Sexy Poodles(also in the playoff hunt), which makes the ET/SP match-up a must win for both teams.

Teams to be on upset alert this week: In the Big 8 it is definitely the top ranked M.O.E.Y.L. since they are playing the next two best teams in their conference. A loss to either one wouldn't be tragic, but holding that top spot would make for the easiest playoff run. For the Great 8, the Boston Beavers, JSDB, and ElictrikThunder should all be on watch. Boston has their playoff birth clinched so they could fall into a trap from ET that is fighting for a spot. JDSB should be careful of ET which is also trying to clinch. And ET is up against SP as their back is against the wall.

Very interesting week ahead as the playoffs loom just two weeks away!

This Post:
228877.6 in reply to 228877.5
Date: 10/28/2012 12:30:48
Overall Posts Rated:
The playoffs should be interesting. Of course I'm biased, but I really like my team's chances. Kendrick and McDonough may be rookies, but they're already one of the best frontcourt combos in the league and will be even better come playoffs. Schafer can't pass real well, but he's a great scorer and defender. I have some other solid backup players who can start in a pinch.

Honestly does it really matter who the fourth seed is, the first seed on both sides will crush them come playoffs. :)

I look at point differential to see who the best teams are, and according to that it will come down to sleepy1 and Jeweled SDB, and since Jeweled really has only one elite player I think sleepy1 will win out to the Finals in the great 8.

On the other side, it gets tricky. M.O.E.Y.L. will beat whoever the 4th seed is, but it's not clear to me who will win between Machine and mon3y12. I'd like to think I would, but their team has some nice players so it's not a certain thing either way. May come down to things like GS and enthusiasm. Then the winner will have to face M.O.E.Y.L, and again that's not completely clear. I could see any of those three teams making it to the finals.

I guess all we really know is, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks.

To: FM
This Post:
228877.7 in reply to 228877.6
Date: 11/04/2012 05:07:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Good to see the activity and discussion. My guess is those speaking up may not promote, but hopefully interest will remain as, aside from the one initiating the most analysis, those teams are likely in the playoffs.

I think some discussion will increase my interest going into the next season. Some new managers have arrived as well.

This Post:
228877.8 in reply to 228877.6
Date: 11/10/2012 21:51:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Wel i can tell you that that my team mon3y12 is going to win it it all. i am ranked 1 in the leauge and i have beating M.O.E.Y.L and my first game in tha playoffs will be a easy win beause i just played them and i won 116-76 with team euthusiam at take it easy so.... yeah Mon3y12 all day !!! just watch

This Post:
228877.9 in reply to 228877.8
Date: 11/11/2012 01:25:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't be so cocky. You only won by five the last time we faced, despite using more enthusiasm, and me not playing my top lineup. So it's not a given that you'll beat me in a rematch, assuming I beat M.O.E.Y.L. But yeah, you might be the favorite in our conference at least.

Oh, and btw, sleepy1 is ranked #1 in the league with a 20-2 record compared to your 19-3 record.

This Post:
228877.10 in reply to 228877.9
Date: 11/11/2012 17:19:07
Overall Posts Rated:
lets see my friend... let see

This Post:
228877.11 in reply to 228877.10
Date: 11/11/2012 17:21:43
Overall Posts Rated:
and M.O.E.Y. whatever will beat u just watch ur no challenge buddy i have tactics i haven`t used so dont count me out yet either