BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > basketball sim,

basketball sim,

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/28/2015 14:35:16
Overall Posts Rated:
"Therefore, we decided replace the current system with one that determines free agency eligibility based on a wider range of parameters like age, potential and a total skill point count, all the while making sure the cream of the crop doesn't end up retired, as the wouldn't in real life. Older players have a higher tendency to retire and enjoy their hard earned cash, which means that in order to be free transfered, they need to have a wide range of skills. However, young players compensate their lack of skills with high potential. This will surely change the range and flavor of free agents in the market, making them more spread out over the age spectrum, evening out some price discrepancies."

Read that again. It says NOTHING about decreasing the free agents available. In fact, it makes it sound like it increases the free agents available and they are selected more carefully than ever before. Now that we have learned it was exactly the OPPOSITE of that, I'm afraid your credibility is going to be really shaky for the foreseeable future. Deception such as this, that appears so deliberate and carefully thought out, can not help but make people suspicious, and in my honest opinion rightly so. Nothing to date has made it so obvious that the change is intended to take care of experienced coaches who train players for profit and to the detriment of all other coaches at all levels who play the game to win basketball games, and to the detriment of the game as a basketball game.

It reads to me that older players are much more likely to not to go to FA, while younger ones will. Older players need a wide range of skills, while younger ones who wouldn't have previously qualified who have higher potential may now. If your understanding was that this would increase the older number of free agents despite the explicit words that "older players have a higher tendency to retire" then it's clear the only deception you're a victim of was one of reading comprehension.

If Marin wants to re-open this, he's more than welcome to. It's not a bug.

Closing threads you do not like does nothing to solve the problem and only cements the loss of credibility I spoke of. Failing to even address the problem adds to the loss of credibility.

Clearly a large number of users are disappointed in the change in FA and feel deceived. That is why so many "bugs" are being reported and you have to close thread after thread to try to discourage conversation of this disastrous change. You can say "It reads to me that older players are much more likely to not to go to FA, while younger ones will," but it obviously is not working that way in example after example after example after example after example after example ...

The change could have gone in one of two ways: (1) reduce FA's, make TA players ever more expensive, increase the profit of experienced managers who train and then sell players, ignore strategies to win games, ignore inexperienced managers who are trying to win games, ignore competitive balance, raise training young players to the apex of importance ... or, (2) add the necessary FA's to bring down the cost of transfer players, giving all levels of team a better choice of ways to develop rosters and win games, enhancing competition at all divisional levels, generally creating a more balanced competitive basketball sim, raising the importance of strategies to win games to the apex.

The announcement made it sound like the latter would happen. Sadly, the former happened and marin is digging in his heels. It is certainly his right to turn this site into a training-for-profit sim, as he has done. It is the users right to go find a basketball sim.

This Post:
270734.2 in reply to 270734.1
Date: 05/28/2015 14:37:42
Overall Posts Rated:
BTW, if I could go back I would edit the title of this thread to read "basketball sim," not "BB sim." That would be clearer.

This Post:
270734.5 in reply to 270734.3
Date: 05/28/2015 15:55:36
Overall Posts Rated:
"We are losing our Basketball sim"

You are not here for a discussion...

Au contraire. I have presented my position civilly and respectfully and would hope for discussion likewise. You may not agree with my position, but it is inescapably formed by playing in lower and middle level leagues.

How many managers play in the top two leagues? How many managers play in all the other leagues? In which level does the majority lie?

How much is fair competition to be desired from top to bottom? How desirable is a basketball sim vs. a training exercise for profit?

These are all important questions.

This Post:
270734.7 in reply to 270734.6
Date: 05/28/2015 16:15:01
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Then again it costs a helluva lot of money to train up a guy to where the profit can be made, so in the end it all evens out in the wash.

This Post:
270734.8 in reply to 270734.6
Date: 05/28/2015 16:26:03
Overall Posts Rated:
why you think that training here is only for profit?
I never said that. I said the change was to enhance the profits to be made by training, at the expense of other approaches to building a winning roster. There is the problem.

Then again it costs a helluva lot of money to train up a guy to where the profit can be made...
Exactly! And anyone who tries to use the transfer market to build a roster, even part of a roster, is priced out of the market. Now do you see the problem?

Last edited by Mike Franks at 05/28/2015 16:28:44

This Post:
270734.10 in reply to 270734.8
Date: 05/28/2015 16:56:47
Overall Posts Rated:
So instead of whining about the changes we should start to investigate how the new rules are working. But this seems to be more difficult than crying out loud. Or why does nobody do this kind of work?

This Post:
270734.11 in reply to 270734.1
Date: 05/28/2015 17:05:22
Overall Posts Rated:

Closing threads you do not like does nothing to solve the problem and only cements the loss of credibility I spoke of. Failing to even address the problem adds to the loss of credibility.

Closing threads that I don't like would be fun. Deleting posts that I dislike would be fun, too. Typing out some of the things that pass between the space between my ears would be exceptionally fun.

Closing threads that are running counter to the rules of the forum they are posted in, on the other hand, is not something I do for fun. I appreciate that you want to complain about specific aspects of the game that you don't like, at great length. And you may (and most likely will) do so for as long as you remain here and don't lose the right to post in the forums. But you may not use the bugs forum for those things; to wit:

(205072.1)

Arguments for the sake of arguing and long meaningless discussions, non-related or over a staff decision or action are not allowed in this forum. Personal confrontations and attacks are also forbidden. This forum is not a place for disgruntled users to voice their dissatisfaction of BB staff of policy. For that we have the appeals email (appeals@buzzerbeater.com).

This forum is needs to be succinct, objective, argumentative, professional and above all, respectful. It is a tool for BB staff organisation of bug reports, optimization and improvement of the game. Also, posts need to be strictly on topic.

From now on, this policy will be strictly enforced and any posts that do not conform will be deleted.

I'm deciding whether it's worth the time to get involved with your discussion with yourself and at everyone else by responding to the rest of your post. I'm leaning against it. I'm sure you can argue against whatever caricature of me you choose to create without my participation anyhow.