BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
281226.2 in reply to 281226.1
Date: 08/30/2016 02:33:48
Overall Posts Rated:
I am going to run again this season. Last season tough won and carried us to an Americas win for the first time in a few seasons. Now that we have found our way back to the top of Americas, we now need to progress to worlds.

We have a more accessible talent database than we did in previous seasons. Rather than 1 or 2 people working on it by themselves, 20-25 people can do work. This allows the scouts to get their lists faster, and for more players to hit the TL when an owner may not understand development, so that they can make good financial decisions and learn the game quickly by joining the offsite. This is all thanks to tough.

What i would seek to do is improve upon a handful of aspects of the u21 team

1) Put tough back into his scouting role. Tough is going back to doing what he does best as we lost some scouts along the way last season. This will put us into a small talent hole for s37 with regards to the big's group. We're going to ensure for season 39 and future seasons that scouting is kept up with. Additionally, should i take over, i'm going to assume more control of the 20's class to better steer people towards areas of the u21 that they would be best going into. This way we will not end up with 10-15 guys with the same u21 build.

2) Strategically speaking, i want to get opinions steered to the offsite with regards to the game to game discussion. The ability for other nations to see us on here is no good, and on top of that the character and formatting restrictions makes it difficult to provide the raw data necessary. Furthermore, I want to steer discussions towards a set of lineups rather than nitpicking for a week as to what each person specifically might want to do. By getting people geared towards making a decision on Tuesday or Wednesday, there are fewer arguments and more quality analysis on how to best set the lineups that the u21 manager is looking at.

3) I would like to improve player understanding more directly, and i would like to hope for people in the US to want to make this game more enjoyable for all for the sake of it's long term survival AND having healthy competition. Even if one does not wish to make u21 or NT players, it is a great base for fundamental understanding of creating talent.

4) I would like to move towards investing time in understanding tactics outside of our standard 2. We tend to be an LI first team. I don't mind doing that really well, but other teams adapted enough to make it difficult for us to assume an LI and GDP guess against it. We need to find something else that we can make work so that we can also pull people away from guessing look inside as regularly against us because we have an alternative strategy that we can execute against better teams.

I'm a bit of a personality both onsite and offsite, one that people will know right away and view as authentic. I believe in my ability to analyze games and decisions that should be made, and will only stray from those in the face of non-generic data analysis. You will also be exposed to some dry humor, and i will always remind you if you do not manage your gameshape while holding a u21 player. Hopefully this isn't a dealbreaker!

Thanks for your time, and good luck to the others who run.

FurYak

Last edited by FurY at 08/31/2016 01:37:02

Message deleted
This Post:
281226.5 in reply to 281226.1
Date: 09/01/2016 13:00:32
Overall Posts Rated:
I will be running as well. Most of you don't know me some of you do. I played buzzer beater in the early 20 seasons had a pretty good team going then life took over. I am back now and have played for 5 more seasons now. I am more into the training aspect of the game now compared to trying to buy a good team to compete like I did my first go around. I am an active member who loves the training and game planning aspect of this game. I would be a great manager I know the game of basketball in real life and on BB. I will be in touch with some of you getting my name out there if you have any questions for me feel free to message me I look forward to being the next U21 manager for the USA! GOLD GOLD GOLD.

Winning is the only thing that matters!

Message deleted