BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Now Is the Best Time to Replace Your Idiot Trash Loser Garbage Trainees

Now Is the Best Time to Replace Your Idiot Trash Loser Garbage Trainees

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/03/2016 09:00:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I had originally posted this on the offsite. If you are interested in pro tips like this make sure you join up: (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/)

Some of the new guys here are training some idiot trash loser players that have no business being trained. Right now is the best opportunity to upgrade from your garbage trainees that you will have all season.

In the TL right now there are 70 players that are 18 years old, at least 50 TSP with at least allstar potential for less than 10k. Its possible for these players to be trained to over 110+ TSP.

There are 126 players that are 18 years old, at least 45 TSP with at least PAS potential for less than 10k. Its possible for these players to be trained to over 120+ TSP.

There are 73 that are 18 years old, at least 45 TSP with at least SS potential for less than 100k. Its possible for these players to be trained to over 130+ TSP.

If you want to do your patriotic duty and train a U21 USA player, there are 19 players on the TL at least PAS and at least 45 TSP that you could potentially train for less than 300k. You can also look at the high TSP allstars but they probably have to be trained as SFs.

Training players is the biggest way these days to increase the value of your club. You are paying your trainer x number of dollars every week and you need to maximize the effectiveness of those dollars.

If you are single position training, you need at least two main trainees and one side trainee. If you are double position training, you need at least four-five main trainees and one side trainee. If you are not maximizing the number of players you are training especially at the lower divisions, you are throwing away potential value of that guy you could be training.

The inverse is also true, if you have players under 27/28 that are not capped yet but are not in your training rotation, you need to sell them. Every minute they are not getting trained they are losing value. Players that can be trained are worth more than players that cannot be trained. If you are targeting players for your rotation that will not be trained make sure they are capped or 29+. 30 year old will be cheaper on the TL than a 25 year old and actually give you slightly better performance because of increased experience.

If you are training undertrained or low potential players, you are throwing away the potential value that you would be generating by training better trainees that you could get at a low cost. Do not fall in love with your draftees just because you drafted them. Drafted/American players are only more valuable than a trainee that you could pick up on the TL if you want to train for U21 or if they are going to a future cornerstone of your team so you get a merchandising bonus. A star or starter player is never going to be that cornerstone. If you are training for a profit, its fine to get cheap foreigners off the TL.

I will just end off saying that not of this is absolute. Sometimes an owner will have to go with a two man training rotation for competitive purposes. I myself actually am training a starter potential player that I trying to train as a cheap backup under 10k salary but 19-20 OD.

Last edited by Phyr at 09/03/2016 09:01:08

This Post:
281863.3 in reply to 281863.2
Date: 09/03/2016 10:22:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah but the counterargument is if allstar/PAS players are so cheap and you can get an excellent trainee for less than 10k why you are even bothering with star potential? If you train a star and allstar player to the same point using the same resources, the allstar will be more valuable because they can be trained more.

I included my starter example to illustrate that there are situations where it is ok to train lower potential players. The starter potential player I am training is a build that is not readily available on the TL. In fact, there are zero players on the TL under 10k salary with 19+ OD. The cheapest salary player on the TL with 19+ OD is at 27k salary.

If you are training a unique build that is hard to find on the TL you can justify training a low potential player. If you are training a player under allstar potential that is just a run of the mill starter/backup that you can easily find on the TL, it makes no economical sense to train that player when you can get super cheap allstar and PAS trainees right now. You are just throwing away the potential value of better trainees.

This Post:
281863.5 in reply to 281863.4
Date: 09/03/2016 11:11:47
Overall Posts Rated:
if you cant afford to buy a trainee for less than 10k, you got more than cash problems

This Post:
281863.7 in reply to 281863.6
Date: 09/03/2016 11:48:26
Overall Posts Rated:
I am telling everyone, which is why I made this thread.

This Post:
281863.8 in reply to 281863.6
Date: 09/03/2016 11:51:59
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
No different to d4 Utopia teams. It's easy to make a little money...(he says, as a trainer of mostly "star" potential players in 'topia so far)

So yeah I see both sides. I've valued TSP more than potential and made some easy profit on trainees after a season or two. It depends what you wanna do? (like everything)

I've also still never even capped a player yet though :D still new in BB terms.

Last edited by Bergkamp at 09/03/2016 11:53:35

This Post:
281863.9 in reply to 281863.1
Date: 09/03/2016 14:38:56
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
This is all really good advice and I think answers a question I had in another thread. I'm certainly not following it all even if I know better, but you'll never see me posting complaints about any aspect of the game I haven't made the optimal choice at, either. In fact, unless they gut whatever depth or complexity the game possesses for millenials and soccer moms, you'll probably never see me complain about anything at all. I don't really know what to say... fun isn't always rational? Still, anyone aspiring to get to the top or get my vote for an NT manager would need to show they understand this stuff. Great post.

To: Phyr
This Post:
281863.10 in reply to 281863.7
Date: 09/06/2016 01:16:01
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Preach it.

Having just created a Utopia team, I'm training on a budget: I acquired three MVP 19 year old US prospects for around 200k total. By all means, train the players you want, but the higher POT is where the money is at. Pick up a lvl 5 trainer, train secondaries, fill in the holes and you'll make a lucrative profit.

I don't particularly like to give managers advice unless they seek it, but there is a lot of money to be made on the TL right now. Take it or leave it. The rich will get richer.

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago