BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.51 > Post Season

Post Season

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/28/2018 13:48:06
Overall Posts Rated:
What’s everyone’s predictions as the post season dawns upon us? Who’s going to take it home, who’s going to be the main contender next year? Any sleepers, etc. I know I might be biased but I’m feeling pretty good about taking it all home.

This Post:
294502.2 in reply to 294502.1
Date: 06/30/2018 07:33:59
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll do a full write up when the field is set.

This Post:
294502.3 in reply to 294502.2
Date: 07/01/2018 18:41:47
Overall Posts Rated:
OK so I have my write up complete! It didn't fit in one post so the first post will be the Relegation series and the second post will be the Playoffs.

Relegation Series:

These will be pretty brief. I don't suspect any of them to be close.

7(G8) North Mahaska Warhawks (4-18) vs 5(B8) Black Oar River Kings (16-6)
CPU managed North Mahaska vs a team that barley missed the postseason in Black Oar River Kings. Black Oar wins hands down. Nothing to talk about here.

Prediction: Black Oar River Kings

7(B8) SuperBois (4-18) vs 5(G8) SCP Juniors (8-14)
Again not a whole lot to talk about CPU vs Human - SCP Juniors take the W.

Prediction: SCP Juniors

6(G8) tiger sharks (12-10) vs 6(B8) Team Umi Zumi (7-15)
The only Human vs Human manger Relegation game this year. Unfortunately Umi Zumi just isn't quite the same caliber team as tiger sharks. There is a colossal skill differential between the two divisions. Tiger sharks take the series easily.

Prediction: tiger sharks

This Post:
294502.4 in reply to 294502.3
Date: 07/01/2018 18:44:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Playoffs:

Big 8:

1) Rallies (21-1) vs. 4) Ooh Kill Em (16-6)

OK, before I talk about the match up let's talk about the last week of the season. Going into the last week Ooh Kill Em and Black Oar River Kings had the same record and were both eyeing the 4 seed. However, Ooh Kill Em had to play the undefeated Rallies and Black Oar River Kings got a free win from the CPU managed team SuperBois. So you would think Black Oar wins and Ohh Kill Em loses and misses out on the playoffs. Wrong. Ooh Kill Em pulls off the upset and hands Rallies the first loss of the season. Impressive.

So here is where it gets interesting. Statistically speaking theses teams are so ridiculously close it isn't even funny. They are 1st and 2nd in the league in PPG and APG. Rallies is 1st in FG% at 53.6 and Ooh Kill Em is shooting 51.7%. Same thing with RPG, Rallies bring down 59.1 boards per game, 13.3 of which are Offensive Rebounds and Ooh Kill Em sit at 58.5, 13.2 Offensive. Even Turnovers are the same 9.2 and 9.3 respectively. They are so ridiculously even and I am so excited to see who comes away with the win.

Personally, I don't like that Rallies is running Patient and we are probably going to see a change, Kekilli can't carry the team alone, but who knows what either team will run. I could go on and on about this match-up. Enough rambling who is going to win? It is hard to choose against the home team in what I feel is a 50/50 game like this one but I like Ooh Kill Em even as the away team. Rallies has a really good shot and is probably the favorite being at home and how well they played all season but fuck it I'm all in on Ooh Kill Em.

Prediction: Ooh Kill Em
MVP Prediction: Raul Las Heras Perez

2) Washington Waves (19-3) vs. 3) Cockfights (17-5)

Similar situation to the 1 vs 4 match-up. Two teams that are at the top of the leader boards in the league in pretty much all of the stat categories throughout the season. That shouldn't be surprising though the Big 8 is the dominant division. Any of these four teams, Black Oar River Kings or tiger sharks could easily win the Great 8. This will be another nail biter just like the last game of the season they played last week. The Waves took the W in a very close 76-74 game. Keeping this one brief, I think the depth of the Washington Waves do in the Cockfighters. However, it will be interesting to see if the Cockfighters change anything from last week.

Prediction: Washington Waves
MVP Prediction: Tomo Grajzl

Great 8
1) AZ Sunburn (16-6) vs 4) Portland_Genius (8-14)

I'll preface this match-up with the fact that both of these managers joined late in the season so looking at their total record for the year is worthless. Since joining the league AZ Sunburn is 1-1 and Portland is 1-3. However, Portland has played much stiffer competition through those games by having to deal with The Bots before they were taken over by AZS (92-115), Fast Food Orchestra (92-110), and Wilder One (102-106). So even though Portland was 1-3 they have played the best the Great 8 has to offer and they played them close. AZ Sunburn on the other hand got smacked down by Wilder One (119-71). Both teams only league win came against Team Umi Zumi at home. Team Umi Zumi has only beaten CPU managed teams this season so those wins were to be expected out of AZS and PG and nothing to write home about.

Looking at the rosters, I like Portland's roster much more. Dexter Bliss and Ken Carrol make up a very nice 1st and 2nd offensive option for Portland and I don't think AZ Sunburn has anyone that is capable of guarding either of them for a full game. Portland also hasn't shown their offensive strategy. They have been running Base Offense all season and likely sitting on their playoff offense. I'm excited to see what they will run in the playoffs. Perhaps AZ Sunburn has something.....

This Post:
294502.5 in reply to 294502.4
Date: 07/01/2018 18:44:47
Overall Posts Rated:
......up their sleeve but I feel like PG has too much offense for AZ Sunburn and a much more complete roster.

Prediction: Portand_Genius
MVP Prediction: Dexter Bliss

2) Wilder One (15-7) vs 3) Fast Food Orchestra (11-11*)
*This is my team - Take everything with a grain of salt*

Since taking over Wilder One hasn't lost any games in the Great 8. Wilder One finished the season very strong beating AZ Sunburn and ending the season with well fought win over a very strong Portland_Genius team. It is safe to say that Wilder One has the most experience and perhaps the best squad in the Great 8. Being the longest tenured team in the Great 8 playoff race gives the team the great benefit of having the most time to play with tactics and train players. Wilder One also boasts the best offense in the Great 8 coupled with the best defense.

Fast Food Orchestra on the other hand pretty much just lucked into the playoffs. With only one win of worth against Portland_Genius there really isn't too much going for the team. Frankly, the only reason the team is here is because
the Great 8 is such a weaker division that the Big 8 and full of CPU managers. Fast Food Orchestra isn't as deep as Wilder One and only plays 8 players. I expect the first half to be close and Wilder One to bust the game open in the 2nd half. (Note: Fast Food Orchestra has two forfeits against the top two teams in the division)

Prediction: Wilder One
MVP Prediction: Mano Csiki

Sorry there may be some errors. I wrote most of this at work and I didn't really proof read anything so feel free to point out my mistakes. Pleaseeeee add to the discussion I took a fair bit of time to write this and would enjoy some nice chatting and discussion in the forum :). You don't have to do a big write up just make your picks or you can make fun of my picks :P.

Good luck everyone!

This Post:
294502.6 in reply to 294502.4
Date: 07/03/2018 13:15:01
AZ Sunburn
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
AZ Sundburn have been in the league exactly 8 days.... which isn't enough time to build a very competitive roster. I am not expecting anything out of my team... I might get by Portland, but I won't get by Wilder One..

I think Wilder One and Washington will face each other and Washington will win the finals.

This Post:
294502.7 in reply to 294502.6
Date: 07/03/2018 19:53:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I will bet a good amount of money I upset Washington tonight. Y'all seem to have forgotten the entire second half of the season I've been playing take it easy... Despite my boys being injury deprived, our game readiness is insanely high.

This Post:
294502.8 in reply to 294502.7
Date: 07/03/2018 21:38:13
Overall Posts Rated:
what'd I tell you.

This Post:
294502.9 in reply to 294502.7
Date: 07/03/2018 21:38:14
Overall Posts Rated:
what'd I tell you.

This Post:
294502.10 in reply to 294502.9