BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
297841.10 in reply to 297841.9
Date: 02/01/2019 07:43:25
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I can't claim to know Music Chick at all well but we've had contact in the past, and also just before the election. She'd clearly read last season's thread and knew I was thinking of standing. In the end I decided I didn't want the job and am very comfortable with the idea of her being our NT coach.

I find myself in the unusual position of being in general agreement with Lemon. I would add to his comments that the community should be able to speak freely to their NT manager, that person should be responsible to them and that I believe makes the relationship incompatible with the position of GM. I certainly would not be comfortable conversing on the forum with a GM in those circumstances.

This Post:
297841.11 in reply to 297841.8
Date: 02/01/2019 08:44:59
Overall Posts Rated:
1. How do you plan to engage with the BB England community? I am always open for businesss... wait that sounded wrong. What I mean is that I have an open door policy. You have feedback, as long as it's presented with respect, you will get the same back from me. I'm quietly active, so you probably will hear more from me in the form of BB mails, as opposed to loud forum posts. That being said, some occasions call for forum posts ie. big victories, losses, community/player shout-outs. I seem like a lone she-wolf, but with my open-door policy comes opportunities for anyone who wants to help with the direction of the NT. Leave no stone unturned!!!

2. Are you running for any other NT this season? Definitely not running for another NT. I want to run in an English-speaking country and the Canada ship has already passed for me. You guys have a great reputation for being brutally honest, but also of showing support to any NT manager if they show you the same support. I hope to earn your trust, not only by trying to gain surprising victories(when possible), but also through communication and trying to make more BB friends.

3. Do you think you will need to have some staff to help you out? Are you actively planning to have someone else help out? If so how are they going to be selected? Yes, I kind of mentioned this up top, but definitely want staff to help out. It's not a question of need, it's a matter of want. I want to learn about the managers I am working for, so I only wish to employ English staff. How will they be selected? Well, i started to create a hard-core application for those interested...(joke--bad one though)... anyone who shows me interest, I am open to. It's a small BB nation, so no need to alienate anyone. I realize there are some that may not agree in here, but my job is to attempt to unite as many as possible.

answers 4 and 5 will come later. I am at work. Hope this is a good start. thank you for the questions.

This Post:
297841.15 in reply to 297841.14
Date: 02/04/2019 04:03:13
Bournemouth Drunkers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys!
I know there is not much time left but I want to ask you 2 other questions:

6. What's the main reason you chose to run for us and not for another NT?

7. Have you planned to interact with U21?

This Post:
297841.16 in reply to 297841.15
Date: 02/04/2019 07:17:24
Overall Posts Rated:
6)I ran the NT in Canada for 1 term (2 seasons). I thought I did an especially good job. With the lack of talent compared to other nations in Americas at that point, I felt a 9-3 record, losing in the semis to the host team Brasil was overachieving as far as I was concerned. The point is, it wet my appetite for more, and unfortunately, I never got the chance to continue as I tied the next election vote to Canada's most famous manager RIP, and the tie went to him because of experience. Eventhough Canada only had one person run this year, I decided to run in another English-speaking nation. I chose to run here because I know you were kind to another Canadian in the past, and I want to have fun with this.

7)Of course. I've looked at some of your potential u21 players this year, and several of them have atleast MVP potential. This means that of course interaction with you is super important. Since we lack managers compared to other BB beast nations, with your help, we need to try to convince these types of players to be trained for not only u21, but to continue on after u21 and try to build up the stable. As my other answers suggested.. "leave no stone unturned"... that includes communicating with the u21.

Thank you for your questions.

This Post:
297841.18 in reply to 297841.17
Date: 02/04/2019 17:54:00
Bournemouth Drunkers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you both for the complete answer!!