BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
300619.21 in reply to 300619.20
Date: 08/15/2019 16:06:50
Porzigod
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Stereotype dear friend:

- Hot Head, first act then think etc

- It is quire opposite to Anglo Saxons that keep distance are rather cold etc

This Post:
300619.22 in reply to 300619.21
Date: 08/15/2019 17:58:02
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Thanks. I don't even feel like an idiot after all.

This Post:
300619.23 in reply to 300619.17
Date: 08/15/2019 21:59:09
Overall Posts Rated:
So as mentioned last time I ran, I had a good first and only term as coach of NT Canada. We went 9 and 3 in my first year, winning on bold decisions and good game shape... we had a mix of old hounds and young guppies. We lost twice to host team Brazil. BECAUSE of a great season we went to last chance qualifier and lost in a tough draw with Poland and Australia... I was hoping to continue but legend RIP came back and after a tie election he won because of experience.

I STill have more to prove but think I definitely showed I could hold my own and tried hard to keep community involved behind scenes. The chatting with managers and incorporating their input was the best part.

Hope that made sense..thanks

To: Bora
This Post:
300619.24 in reply to 300619.3
Date: 08/16/2019 04:40:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Now you can honestly say that your remark was not acceptable. In the last 2 seasons I did not have any negative situation. I respected all the ideas. I still believe that being a GM is not a big deal when comparing with being a human. Now I cancel my registration. After 2 succesful seasons this was not the message I wanted to see. Ok I step aside. Good luck to England. Young players are really good enough to compete at higher stages. Now England is at the 14.th spot of the world. It was 33 if I am not wrong, when I took the team.

You certainly did a very good job and I think you did earn our respect and trust over the last 2 seasons. The approval reflect that and the results definitely reflect that.

I think you have been a very good tactician and, compared to other NT managers who have been also successful, you showed an excellent ability to scout, assess the relative strengths of teams and translate that information in Enth, lineup, tactics and GDP management. I was very pleased to see a NT manager use Enth when needed, as this has been a point where I often disagreed on NT choices in the past: I think the all or nothing attitude (i.e. TIEing every game irrespective of the matchup situation) is suboptimal and a convenient excuse if things go south. Communication was also better than average.

In short, I think the GM remark was acceptable back then, but it certainly proved to be a non issue with you. I hope you reconsider as I'm sure the community would be behind you and you'd definitely win the election if you decided to run here. If you plan to run for Turkey I wish you good luck, they will be lucky to have you. Personally, as someone who didn't vote for you last time I'd definitely back you, if you decided to come back this season or in the future.

You can definitely be proud of your tenure. Thanks.

This Post:
300619.25 in reply to 300619.24
Date: 08/16/2019 14:07:37
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
There were a few posts yesterday that I agreed with and meant to backup and add a few of my own thought, but Lemon has done a better job summarising what I was basically thinking, so this is a bit of a long winded +1

I definitely think it'd be a shame if you didn't run for either England or Turkey this time Bora, I'd vote for you over anyone currently standing in this election for sure.

...and the part of me that thinks I can do a good job also is tempted to stand given the lack of a standout candidate, but in a moment of clarity - in the shower this morning (where man does all his best thinking...scientific fact) I've decided I won't run for the senior NT until I at least win the EBBL once. So that's the goal for now I suppose.

Good luck all but come back Bora! You started a good thing.

This Post:
300619.27 in reply to 300619.26
Date: 08/16/2019 17:19:12
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
No surprise really that someone demanding approval responds tobegging to come back. Your approval rating isn't at 80% now but I guess you can say it was when you originally entered the election.

Also was your post in the speech thread a new speech? Didn't look like one to me, it looked more like a reply. The speech thread is for speeches only. If only we had a GM I could ask.

This Post:
300619.28 in reply to 300619.27
Date: 08/16/2019 19:47:32
Overall Posts Rated:
I ONLY entered election because you said u were dropping out. I ENTERED this seriously but I dont respect saying you are out and giving up on the English.
And then you come back because you were fishing for compliments and some people obliged. I dont want to be apart of this

. Thanks for those who were supportive to me but I just am confused why it's ok for someone to continue to flip flop yet is clearly still the favourite. I will continue to observe England NT as I truly love it..I just dont want to be apart of this charade..

ENJOY!

This Post:
300619.29 in reply to 300619.28
Date: 08/17/2019 05:05:06
Overall Posts Rated:
some people obliged.
Let me clarify something here. I stopped reading when I saw the first post of Gully's and the reply to it. I assumed the other 15 messages were a spat and happily ignored them before I got pissed off myself.

However, since I was one of those against Bora last time, it felt appropriate to clarify that the doubts and reservations about him I had in the past are no more and that he did a very good job. I actually thought he was going to run for Turkey, since I skipped 2/3 of the thread. I thought that was fair and I wanted to give credit where it was due.

The rest I don't care about. I think we should all behave more like our age and stop overreacting.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 08/17/2019 11:35:30

This Post:
300619.30 in reply to 300619.28
Date: 08/17/2019 17:07:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Blimey, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours with that last post.

Bora has done a good job and looked like he was getting better and better at it as his term continued and some of us would like to see what he can do next. He's earned that - on merit.

The melodrama originates from the pen of Gullyfoyle and while Bora didn't help himself by overreacting it's all calmed down now so let's move on.

This Post:
300619.31 in reply to 300619.30
Date: 08/17/2019 18:29:17
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Having made my point clearly I didn't really feel the need to say any more, since I'd simply be repeating myself. However seeing elmacca and lemonshine take the high horse on how to behave on the forum is a bit much.

I suppose its difficult to appeal for fair play, even on behalf of someone who won an election, without a hint of melodrama, so I suppose there's that. I can only respond to elmacca by saying:
FFS, WTF and FFS again.

As for lemonshine, what is there to say? I was going to give him a ball, but he clearly has plenty lecturing people on how to behave when conversing on the forum.

Advertisement