Help - English > Playoff CT/TIE

Playoff CT/TIE

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
40419.8 in reply to 40419.7
Date: 07/27/2008 15:32:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anybody know what bot-teams will do (playoff ct or playoff normal)?

And, is the difference between TIE & normal the same as between playoff normals & playoff CT?

Bot teams will play Normal or Playoff Normal, whichever is available for the particular type of game.

Playoff modes shuffle effort and enthusiasm effects a bit, but the influence of both is exactly the same as it would be in a regular season game.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
40419.9 in reply to 40419.8
Date: 07/27/2008 20:13:12
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont see how it can be the same for everyone, when a top team can use TIE pretty much all the time and then while a bottom team can never use it, well and win, meaning there enthusiasm will never go up. Now to me that already creates an unfair advantage.
Ok why dont you ask the bottom team in your league how many times they used TIE and compare it with how many times you used it?

This Post:
40419.10 in reply to 40419.9
Date: 07/27/2008 21:13:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont see how it can be the same for everyone, when a top team can use TIE pretty much all the time and then while a bottom team can never use it, well and win, meaning there enthusiasm will never go up. Now to me that already creates an unfair advantage.
Ok why dont you ask the bottom team in your league how many times they used TIE and compare it with how many times you used it?

The game functions exactly identically for every single team in the game. So the top teams have become top within the same framework as the bottom. I do'nt quite understand what you expect, handouts for everyone?

For reference top teams cannot exactly TIE if their opposition is strong enough to beat them when you do. Which can happen when the opposition spends some effort in figuring ways to strengthen their team, instead of whine in public fora.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 07/27/2008 21:14:02

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
40419.11 in reply to 40419.10
Date: 07/27/2008 21:23:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I have no problems as i have finished top 3 in my last 3 years. But as you hit league 1 the team with the bigger stadium and the better team will make the money. Will use the TIE games while the bottom teams wont be able too. Each team will improve the same, as you cant get in a higher league so transfers will be the same aswell.
Now when you can use the TIE you have an advantage over the lower teams later on in the season even if they are improving.
If a team is good enough they should be at the top due too there game play and not the enthusiasm that got them there

This Post:
40419.12 in reply to 40419.11
Date: 07/27/2008 21:44:33
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you seriously need to have a rethink about how games like this evolve.... nobody would bother playing if todays positions were just going to be the same every season from now....

Bigger teams have higher salaries.... and soon wont likely be training new draftees.... up and coming teams can and squeeze better training profits.... the gap will of course not be easy to close but there are many ways to do it....

If you cant see them then for sure you wont be the one that creeps up the divisions instead you will be passed by teams below you!!

This Post:
40419.13 in reply to 40419.12
Date: 07/27/2008 22:08:42
Overall Posts Rated:
I just dont see the point in having enthusiaum choosen by if you decide to TIE, players should either be happy if your winning or not if your loosing. Yes of course teams all change depending on how you manage the team.
I just dont like the dont like the fact that a top team can have an enthusiaum of 12 for a game when the bottom team wont.

This Post:
40419.14 in reply to 40419.13
Date: 07/27/2008 22:18:48
Overall Posts Rated:
i cant quote Basketball teams IRL cos I dont follow the sport...

But look at the English Premier League...

You have a so called top 4 (Lpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal) you then have another tier of teams (Spurs, Villa, Blackburn, Man City etc) you then have the newly promoted..... West Brom, Stoke, Hull....

Now of course managers dont tell players to take it easy but if Man Utd are playing Hull 3 days before a Champions league game is Ferguson going to play all his big guns? If Hull only have a limited squad and arent in Europe they are going to just play similar level football all season round.

If Hull were in BB then at least they COULD TIE to give them a better chance vs some of the teams around them or perhaps spring a surprise against a team better than them.... in the Premier League they dont have this option!!

This Post:
40419.15 in reply to 40419.14
Date: 07/27/2008 23:27:31
Overall Posts Rated:
I see your point. But as i see it i would put in a not as strong side knowing i could still win and to train up the other guys that arent as strong, and keep my stronger guys fit. No strong team would ever go out on the field and take it easy on a team that is of lower strength, nor would they play better if they did TIE the game before.
I see the point of a crunch time if your playing a game thats going to be close, i see the point of playing normal, but TIE is more to rest players, and that shoudl be what the manager takes control of. Never in sport would a team TIE and never in sport would a team gain from TIE

This Post:
40419.16 in reply to 40419.13
Date: 07/28/2008 06:30:42
Overall Posts Rated:
I just dont see the point in having enthusiaum choosen by if you decide to TIE, players should either be happy if your winning or not if your loosing. Yes of course teams all change depending on how you manage the team.
I just dont like the dont like the fact that a top team can have an enthusiaum of 12 for a game when the bottom team wont.

TIE is part of the game. In the long run, teams on the same division levels will be so similar in strength (mainly because they operate under identical conditions, as I've mentioned), so games will almost exclusively be decided by who has managed their enthusiasm better, or even by luck.

This Post:
40419.17 in reply to 40419.7
Date: 07/28/2008 07:19:54
Overall Posts Rated:
i would say they play PlayOff ct because thats the 'standard', and bots usually play with 'standard' orders

This Post:
40419.18 in reply to 40419.17
Date: 07/28/2008 12:58:21
Overall Posts Rated:
i would say they play PlayOff ct because thats the 'standard', and bots usually play with 'standard' orders

The default option is Playoff Normal, I think.

Advertisement