BB Philippines > BB Sports Network

BB Sports Network

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/30/2008 14:03:29
Overall Posts Rated:
What is this?
It's a thread made for BB posters who want to post player, team, or management rules, even news around your league

How?
Just post your news in a newspaper article format

Why?
It's just like a press blog for supporters... but since not all have supporter features, it's good to post some info from our team, our league, standings and update... and it will bring other leagues closer to each other.

Who?
Me. You. The supporters. The non-supporters. Filipinos. non-Filipinos. All are welcome to post their articles.

This Post:
14411.2 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 01/30/2008 14:34:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Team Polydozel acquired 2 preferred players

Team Polydozel, champions of Season 3, III.1 league, acquired 2 out of 5 preferred players in the last BB league draft. The management was pleased with how the draft went this season.

"We were thrilled by the result." says one Team Polydozel board member. "We never expected to get 2 of our preferred players, since we were second to the last place in drafting. Unbelievable!"

"We went for the whole draft, drafting 3 players" says another Team Polydozel management official, "hoping for the best and the best for us... We are very happy with the result"

The team manager Katchafire Collie released a statement upon the recent draft. but, it somehow smells like bad news to other members of the team. "We are honored and more than happy to welcome Hipolito Guarnes, Mike Hontoria, and Herminio Cojuangco, as our new players who will represent team Polydozel. We hope that these new additions help us fight our way out of the relegation, as we newly promoted teams prove to others that we are contenders also. These three players will still earn their way into the starting lineup"

Collie also expressed statements about the crowding lineup of Team Polydozel. "...But, with this acquisitions, means we have to cut some players. but not right away... We need to do some scrimmages and make extra efforts. This is a new league, We may be champions in the former league, but we will now face stiff competition. and every inch of this is going to be monitored. We want to stay in this league, If not, play our way into the Playoffs."

"I was so happy when i was picked by Team Polydozel" says Guarnes, who was the 15th pick. "I never thought that i would be Team Polydozel material. My hard work paid off" Guarnes was projected as a 3rd to 7th pick. And now, Guarnes, and the critics, never expected him to be in the bottom place in the first round.

Edited by Katchafire Collie (1/30/2008 2:36:10 PM CET)

Last edited by Katchafire Collie at 01/30/2008 14:36:00

This Post:
14411.3 in reply to 14411.2
Date: 02/01/2008 08:26:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Guarnes Debuts With A Win

Hipolito Guarnes scored 26 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, and 10 steals as they win their first pre season scrimmage against DLS-CSB BLAZERS last night, 92-95.

Guarnes' 10 steals is quite a surprise to everyone, as many expected him to give out an offensive show. Instead, he showed his defensive prowess. He was bad offensively, shooting 9 of 26, 50% from the field, and making all 5 charity shots.

"I was good offensively in the first minutes of the game, then they were all out on me." says Guarnes, who was impressed by the BLAZERS' defensive stop. "I just had to out-smart them... i passed more, make offensive rebounds (6), and defend well to earn steals."

Even though it was a scrimmage, many believed that Guarnes is a perfect fit in the team, as no starters played in the scrimmage, even Nolie Corneja, who was injured before the all star break and was DNP until playoffs.

"Nolie needs rest, his injury is a critical one and we do not need him to play and tire his injury spot often." Says the coach. "He already had his game shaped up in the playoffs. It was a real gamble to play him in midst of the playoffs, but like gambling, You lose big... you win big. And we won the promotion." Corneja is currently doing some running and conditioning. but a contact practice was postponed and he may be well suited in their first league II.3 game this Saturday against -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l-.

This Post:
14411.4 in reply to 14411.3
Date: 02/03/2008 14:43:49
Overall Posts Rated:
-l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- win 69-77
-l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- and Team Polydozel will have to do some extra talking as none were contented with a low scoring win. Sources said that it neither team was ready for their first game.

"They didn't have enough training... and they had too much rest." says one source. "This is a result of team chemistry lack of buildup and light trainings."

Yeah, they were beat up, but they still have to go with the schedule. Also, teams used alternative means to shape them up. Team Polydozel still played 8-11 players, shape them up in the actual game. "...To enhance their pressure-handling." says the coach. "There's plenty of games to gamble one loss... of course, we wanted to win, every game counts... but we have to do what we have to do."

The -l-ReD DrAg0nS-l- corner used a different approach. "We need our chemistry to be really pumped up, so we focused on our few players first, then others later." The team coach said. "It may mean a loss, but it won't after." The decision paid off, as they went home with their first league win.

Floyd Alfeche was the only player who seems shaped up in the game, scoring 21 points, 8 rebounds, a three, two steals, two blocks, and 3 assists in the win. Gervil Tidalgo scored 18 points for Team Polydozel, Mervyn Jamora played for 47 minutes, but only scored 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.

"We still don't have a good player rotation now, as we have to find roles for the rookies." Polydozel team manager Katchafire Collie stated. "We have to find a good rotation that everyone will contribute... in case that somebody will go down because of an injury, we'll be prepared. that's what we learned from last season."

The Division III.1 champions Team Polydozel played without Gervil Tidalgo and star player Nolie Corneja, as both were injured early in the season. GM K. Collie relied on center Hernando Nellas, to carry the team, and many thought that Team Polydozel's journey to the finals will come to a sudden halt. But the team surprised everyone when rookie Simeon Tongson, and the tandem of Mervyn Jemora-Melencio Tanas blasted their way on winning the championship, along with memorable performances and splendid roles of players Mark Tacdoro, Cirilio Magoncia, and Quirico Cuaresma.

"We need their help before, and we gonna need it again. And to our newcomers, they have to learn from them. Our team last season realized that we're gonna sink, when Nolie and Gervil was injured. We need to exploit the rookies' driving force... I hope that this loss will be a reminder to them." -Collie

This Post:
14411.5 in reply to 14411.1
Date: 02/04/2008 11:46:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Beware of Andre Casio................

Andre Casio was 9th pick in round 1 of the season 3 draft by NIKE BASKETBALL CLUB. During his debut game against Marikina Red Devils he posted a double-double figures (15pts and 11 TR) and recieved the team highest rating of 7.0. "we're are happy to have to him and i believe that he will help us a lot in our campaign to capture the league II.1 championship title" said by Team Captain and also a member of the National Team Rustico Urbano.

"I'm very happy to be a member of the team, they're expecting a lot from me and i promised to do my best just help the team to its campaign." says by the 18 years 6'10" rookie. The rookie shows a positive relationship with his new teammates during the team practice. he also displays respect and knows the timing when to crack joke that why he tagged as the team comedy prince. "i saw a lot of potential with this rookie even though he shows 50%FG after his debut game. I'm inviting all BB fanatics out their to watch our second game on 2/9/2008 6:00:00 PM vs Shohoku Devil Bats and let us witness if Andre Casio is the rookie to watch" that was the team manager mentioned.

This Post:
14411.6 in reply to 14411.5
Date: 02/05/2008 08:18:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Celestial trumps Mobster

Celestial Fury emerges as the Division II.2 champions, after sweeping Mobster United. Lead by season MVP Rizaldy Sevilla and MVP runner-up Brian Ilagan, the Furys cruised their way to the finals.

"This team has been the epitome of teamwork", said the team's GM. " We have executed our plays to perfection, and with everybody contributing, we have bested our opponents with a huge margin, even our opponent in the finals. The statement has been made after in lieu of the first game of the finals, wherein six players contributed 10 or more points.

"We are a team", claimed superstar center Roderick Martinez. "No one ever made it into the league leaders in points, because everyone shares the ball. It is very difficult to shut us down, because anyone can contribute 10 or more points per game. During my injury, everyone just stepped up."

During the aforementioned injury, fans were skeptical on the teams future. But GM Joey made the necessary adjustments and signed Jose Agullo, a hotshot from Spain. The rest was then history.

After huge wins during the finals, the fans are ecstatic and looking forward to this season. "Winning the championship this season will be hard, as we will face other champion teams as well, but we will do our best. No rest. No mercy. No matter what. FOR SPARTA!"

Celestial strengthened its lineup with offseason acquisitions, Italian Valter Angrillini and Swiss Norbert Cote. And with 3 stalwarts coming from the draft, Celestial Fury will be a force to reckoned with.

This Post:
14411.7 in reply to 14411.5
Date: 02/05/2008 10:53:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Collie excited for league cup

Team Polydozel travels to Regals Isla del Oeste Center to face the hosts in the first round of the BB Philippines cup on Thursday 7pm. Many fans anticipates the meeting of the two teams, especially team Polydozel, who will be participating in the event for the first time.

"We're making history already... we're the first batch of the team who were first to participate in the cup, regardless of the outcome of the cup, we will reign as team history makers in generations to come." says Nolie Corneja.

Team Polydozel, formerly Stompers Aliangaw, came to the league in the early-late stages of the third season, After Aliangaw lost to the third season Domestic cup, The General Manager came with the breaking news that the team will be bought by a Japanese Organization, but was later dismissed. Before the dust of the issue settles, a young Katchafire Collie told reporters that he is interested to buy the team, and to produce new and old players. Long before everybody knew, that the unknown Collie is a silent partner for the once rumored Japanese Organization and he is responsible for materializing the team purchase. Fans and critics alike are skeptical to Collie's talent in managing a basketball team, but he just said "...that basketball is my passion, and you don't need management to make a team successful. My primary concern is the players. Being sure to give them what they want but not spoiling them is what i do best, because once, i was a slave in this sport."

Collie's satirical principles and uncanningly clever tactics was the constant remark by most basketball analysts. But these also, were the secret ingredients that made the team Division III.1 Champions last season.

"The things that you thought that would never work, it worked for us." says Hernando Hellas, who had a breakout campaign last season, and was named "Most Improved Veteran" at age 32. He is now 33 years old, and still part of Collie's plans.

"Collie is something to be aware about. He never gives you something, but always let you think about everything." says Nellas. "He can make a dysfunctional team have the greatest of great chemistry... and now at our first tourney game, i can't wait to hear what he wants us to do."

This Post:
14411.8 in reply to 14411.7
Date: 02/07/2008 00:04:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 3 League II.4 Champion DLS-CSB Blazers are excited to see Alex Caspillo in action

Alex Capillo is still having ankle soreness more than 1 month after having surgery on both ankles to remove bone spurs, according to the team doctor. "I've felt good, but I've still had slight problems with my ankles and trying to move forward," Caspillo said. "That's just with the soreness in them. It just hurts me a little bit." Caspillo also noted that, prior to the opening of the season, the team doctor told him not to play on back-to-back nights during the season.

"We are so very excited to see him again in action, Caspillo said he wants to practice before returning to game action, and is targeting to play on Saturday against the the Ateneo Jologs"said by the team manager Mr. Chad.

"Averaging 17points and 12 rebounds last season, Alex Caspillo is a type of player a team must have, and we cant wait to see him in action again" said by the team coach Ron Jacobs.

This Post:
14411.9 in reply to 14411.8
Date: 02/08/2008 05:08:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Guarnes Seeks Blow-out in cup debut, Hontoria, Vyroubal bought

Hipolito Guarnes, anlong with the Team Polydozel, played their first ever domestic cup up yesterday at the Regals Isla del Oeste Center. Filled with excitement, anxiety, and pressure, one reporter asked him if what are his thoughts on this coming match, asthis will be part of histroy as far as the Polydozels are concerned.

Guarnes, bluntly, put up the words... "a blow-out."

And a blow-out indeed. As the Polydozels seemingly predicted the end of the game, in the first quarter alone.

The Polydozels ended the first quarter with the lead, 37-17. Herminio Cojuanco was the main scorer in the period, scoring 10 points in 5 of 9 shooting. Guarnes was not far behind, as he was playing at another level, giving up 8 points 2 assists, and 2 steals in that quarter. Guarnes and Cojuanco have everything to be worth looking at, and Regals Isla has no choice, but to accept the fact that this day, they were owned... by Polydozel rookies.

The second quarter was no different from the other, as Regals fans were mind-blown by the presence of first-year Guarnes. who scored a total of 21 points in the first half shooting 10 of 19 and 4 of 6 from the 3-point area. Mark Tacdoro, Polydozel's "Chief Cavalry" and big man, scored 9 points in the second period, en route to 17 points in the first half. As another Polydozel big man, Cybel Sumaylo, left the court early because of an injury

"Cybel's hurt, we need his ability to test a play that we need to perfect for the later stages on the cup, We thought we could never be able to run the play... but we saw it in Mark's game today. his performance told us that 'I can be part of it, too!'." says trainer Cristobal Key.

"Me and Cybel have very different style of play, but it just so happens that we think alike, and maybe that's the reason why also, I can run Cybel's plays, even if I do it my way, and still deliver." And deliver indeed, as Guarnes, Tacdoro, and others played the first three quarters beautifully, already reaching the 100 point mark, their first 100 point game in this season, and in the cup.

Guarnes was puled out early, and Tacdoro was having a hard time because of heavy defense on him in the fourth quarter. The Regals Isla didn't have time to hold back, even if this means, the last grasp of domestic cup atmosphere in the season.

They forgot, Herminio Cojuanco.

Cojuanco played very well in the fourth quarter, scoring his second 10-point quarter resulting in a 20-point performance in the game. easy buckets are made, putbacks, threes, he did it in that quarter. Polydozels have to be happy with the outcome, as they went home with a 47-point lead, 123-76

The Regals Isla coach was baffled by the performance of the rookies. "I didn't know they had that much talent, and to play like that early in the cup, they might be holding it back also. In that case, we were fortunate!" He says jokingly.

"These players are something to be looked at, and to be taken care of. Because there may come a time that the world may be watching, and even though it may seem that it's good for the players to play in a more extravagant league like Europe or in the US, it also gonna mean a bad news for the teams they left behind, and Polydozel's team has a couple or more, players who will be possible that they will be in that position."

Compliment or a curse? As big news spread early in the season that Mike Hontoria accepted a contract offer to play in Italy, and Filipino-Serbian Zbynek Vyroubal accepted a Spain league contract. "A search for greener pastures is never a grudge thing to me." says one Polydozel executive. "I hope they expect that anytime, they are welcome here, and we wish them all good luck in representing our country."

This Post:
14411.10 in reply to 14411.9
Date: 02/09/2008 11:46:19
Overall Posts Rated:
GuArD!anz struggle caused their 3rd loss

It was a bad night for both teams. Poor coaching positions, poor shots taken, poor offensive flow. Everything was poor for them. But somehow, Team Polydozel won the game.

The fans often criticize the strategies and plays and game decisions that the Polydozel coach this season. Some say that he was "experimenting", some say that he is "cautious". The coach didn't want to confuse the people much further with his statement.

"I'm giving my team some wins. Right now the team's flow is not fully smooth yet. So we try to make everybody do their share. and make them realize the importance of game time given to them." The coach said in a stern manner.

Fans were not satisfied. First, they want to give more playing time to Mark Tacdoro. who had a great run last season. giving up almost 10 points, almost 7 rebounds, a steal, and shooting almost 60% per game in only 16 minutes. people expect to give him a run since Hernando Nellas was struggling since the last few weeks of the third season (but he had 19 points, 6 rebounds, 6 blocks, a steal, and a three against GuArD!anz)

Another point out by the fans, is Nolie Corneja. Who was believed to be 100% this season.

"Nolie is always giving his best... on and off the game." and that statement was backed up by a 19-point performance in their last win. Playing only 14 minutes.

"That's my sign to everybody that i'm now ready to play... all i'm asking right now is to give me a chance. I wanna play a full game" says Corneja.

Team Polydozel's shooting percentage is considered one of the lowest. since they always get opportunities to shoot the ball unconditionally. Last season the newly promoted and champions shoots around 43.5% and doing above 100 shots per game. Another thing to complain to the coach about... Discipline.

"Right now, their Papa doesn't know how to make their sons behave." says one league GM. "Polydozel's coach do not give a damn about their offense, or else, at all."

"They need to set things once in a while" says another league GM. "They're more dangerous than my team.... We're lucky that they just didn't know it."

Katchafire Collie was all-ears about the comments and seems he doesn't care about it. "This win last night is just one of those nights when we were fortunate to win despite playing bad. But we're still a good team,and we always aim to be great."

This Post:
14411.11 in reply to 14411.10
Date: 02/13/2008 06:26:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Polydozel toyed by Jhoaden Nordista

It was a sellout crowd in the PAL Arena. Many came to see the team stars battle it out. Many hoped that their first meeting will spark into an early rivalry. Well, many realized after that it was not much of a rivalry after all. As the DE LA SALLE GREEN ARCHER won against Team Polydozel.

Polyozel's play was unacceptable indeed. As they force shots, took too much time handling the ball, and simply good GREEN ARCHER defense toiled them down. They were trailing in a big lead in the whole third quarter. They made a run late of the fourth quarter, but it was too late.

And of course, Jhoaden Nordista put them into sleep.

Nordista played for 46 minutes, and putting up a whopping 51 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists, he shot 5 three pointers and was 12-16 from the charity stripe. Team Polydozel simply can't compete with Nordista, as he was everywhere on the court, despite Team Polydozel's effort in giving a solid perimeter defense.

"Nordista is the only player that they can't defend well, even though they stopped his perimeter plays, they often get coyed with his speed in driving in the lane and his intelligent outside game." says Cristobal Key, Team Polydozel trainer.

"The boys were totally manipulated. They were simply caught in a right place at a right time." says the coach. "Early in practice I've been having a feeling that we're gonna have a hard time with them. that's rare, but always accurate."

"Jhoaden was unstoppable tonight." Says Nolie Corneja, who started the game for the first time this season, giving up 29 points. "he made some great plays, and he played amazingly well too."

Nordista's 51-point performance was his first 50+ point game, and his second 40+ point performance for this season. If Nordista continues to play well this season. He may very well have an easy MVP run this season, or better yet, a league championship.