Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/05/2019 08:46:35
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Laban sa Lupang Sinilangan

Salamat mga boss at mga idol sa patuloy na pagtitiwala. Medyo concerned lang ako dahil meron lang tayong 9 total votes nung election. Hopefully dahil lang sa wala naman halos ibang nagplano tumakbo sa NT.

Anyways, heto na ang bagong season. Ngayon masusubukan kung hanggang saan na ang narating ng mga batang players natin dati. Again ang focus padin ng community ay maituloy natin ang fruits ng efforts natin the last few seasons, lalo na sa napakalaking achievement ng ating U21 team last season. Sana kayanin natin umabot sa medal rounds.

Next week ilalabas na natin ang initial roster natin. Dahil scouted naman na at monitored natin ung growth ng mga bata natin kaya medyo set na ung core group of guys natin. Excited ako na irelease ang intial roster, ang mga lalaban para sa bayan! Tuloy tuloy lang natin ang improvement natin guys. Pm Pm tayo! 😉

This Post:
298354.2 in reply to 298354.1
Date: 02/07/2019 22:41:23
Overall Posts Rated:
If I were a smart guy, I'd not contest a coach who just REVIVED the international basketball scene in the Philippines. Like seriously, we have a high ranking now and we just got the hosting rights because of your topnotch strategies, not to mention that you made the whole community be aware of the program. I would vote for someone who actually does something for the youth. However, I didn't vote because I know that you are gonna win.

P. S. Go Rios!

(Do you guys think Rios will surpass Dispo with the most games in the Seniors NT?)

Last edited by Gengineer at 02/07/2019 22:43:28

This Post:
298354.3 in reply to 298354.2
Date: 02/08/2019 04:35:46
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the support coach, i'm just a part of the revival though i can't even say that i was the one who started it all. BIG credits to boss ob1 for speaking out his mind. Our U21 team is doing a fantanstic (to say the least) job lead by coach NDR. The whole community has actually contributed a lot, i know we are not where we want to especially in terms of how loud the forums is. But if i could just share everything that is happening in the background, i can say that we have become a lot more active. What makes me really happy is that I am currently in communicating not only with the vets but newbies are now starting to help a lot in our NT training cause.

So this is just a shout out to all pinoy managers! Lets keep it up! :)

As to Rios, I would always stick with the legend. Lol! Dispo is just in another level. If Rios will continue to improve then we'll see. But for now, I can say Rios himself will beg off from the comparison. Hahaha! But watch out, we have someone in the pipeline who has the potential to reach Dispo levels. "Potential" that is. But i know and believe that if we continue to train with the rate we are doing its not very far in the future where we will produce Dispo's regularly. :)

This Post:
298354.4 in reply to 298354.3
Date: 02/08/2019 10:02:31
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Wala naman akong ginawa, pinansin ko lang na dapat locally mas malaki ang participation natin as a community. Hindi kasi sustainable ang mga hatak ni coach NDR pati trainers may imports tayo. Swerte din tayo nakuha natin ang gold sa u21 (well deserved) and also to coach Jeorge for getting us the HCA this season in the Senior side.

We still need more Pinoy managers to train. Technically for NT's dapat 2 lang talaga ang main trainee tapos secondary na lang ang 3 para hindi sayang pag nag 2pos training ka. Mas marami ako naitulong dati to be honest and mas actiive ako sa mentoring before. The only way we can get stronger is to challenge ourselves to do better. I would like to see multiple 140+ to 155 TSP in 5-6 seasons. If we can do that will be dominant in Asia and always be for medal consideration. For now we are just taking small steps to increase the pool. Long way to go, at least may direction tayo.

Further, i would like to see the ratings of both our coaches higher. Para sa mga tao na kumokontra, train a world class player or a u21 player at the very least and give your opinion here in the forums on how we can get better collectively baka may alam kayo na better way. Instead of criticizing and complaining show me you can make a player worthy of our NT or at least guide someone from start to finish. With very llittle to work with, napakaganda ng performance ng u21 at Seniors. You guys should be proud.

Last edited by Ob1 at 02/08/2019 10:18:48

This Post:
298354.5 in reply to 298354.4
Date: 02/09/2019 01:58:37
Diamond Dogs
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Agree on most of your points coach. In addition to your thoughts about training for the Junios/Seniors National Team it would be advisable to set expectations accordingly, meaning either you focus on training your trainee or you focus on winning your division. I doubt many managers let alone anyone can handle both at the same time and it's probably easier for those with established players playing for the Seniors NT. But for managers training 18-19 year-old players IMO the Division III is a much easier platform for them to grow without too much risk of losing games, fans, finances etc.

This Post:
298354.6 in reply to 298354.5
Date: 02/09/2019 05:04:37
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that in Div 1 its almost impossible to train for u21 without being exploited in mismatches but if your player is already 23 and up pwede mo na isabay for Senior training kaya advisable to adopt pag nasa div 1 ka to inherit a trainee and continue training. Ako rin dati I could not train when I was in Div 1.

For Div 2, i somewhat agree that it would take a more tenured manager to navigate winning and training at the same time. Some managers dont even train at all with the exception of maybe stamina and FT's. Win now mode sila. I would train before some foreigners just to make them look a little better and sell when the market is favorable. Payaman mode tawag namin dati. Quick flip of trainees. Normally if you are training a Center overcompensate by buying a much stronger PF. Thats what I usually do in that scenario. Just to remain competitive.

Div 3 is just u21 prospects and up to maybe 80K Senior player prospects. More or less ito ang threshold. Maintaining higher payroll is a lot to ask for a div 3 manager. Kaya it boils down to div 1 and 2, If you want the high salary - high tsp combo. Financially a Div 1 team can support 1 Senior player, 2 is a stretch but it has been done. Ang reklamo dati at maybe hanggang ngayon is the quality of Senior players that we have. I think we analyzed this before in an old thread but the economics are still similar. Malayo pa tayo sa gusto natin marating. Winning u21 in Asia is great for us. Ang tagal natin nawala sa eksena. I do agree with you that Div 3 is good for u21 pero hindi realistic to breed Senior players unless they are willing to sell them later on. Ang harvest natin dapat is by every u21 batch. Every batch meron tayong 1 or 2 Senior prospects that are about 80-85% capped.

Last edited by Ob1 at 02/09/2019 05:11:50

To: Ob1
This Post:
298354.7 in reply to 298354.6
Date: 02/09/2019 19:49:08
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Agree and agree to both coaches pro shot and ob1. I was in Div. 3 & 2 nung nakapagtrain talaga ako ng U21 and NT players. But sa PPL mahirap talaga, naging buy & sell talaga strategy ko para magsurvive sa PPL. Thinking na nga ako of going down to D2 para makapagstart na makapag focus na muna sa pagtrain ulit.

About sa harvest from U21 sa past seasons we have Rios and Fornoles as stand outs. May mga ilan din silang kabatch na okay okay naman pero iba talaga levels nung 2 na un. I think at this rate in a few more seasons pwede na natin i-set ung minimum TSP levels for NT. Ideal talaga ung sabi ni boss obi na 120 for bigs at 130 for guards & wings.

This Post:
298354.8 in reply to 298354.7
Date: 02/10/2019 01:08:29
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
(35121559) Similar to Denaque but needs more passing well built PF

This Post:
298354.9 in reply to 298354.7
Date: 02/10/2019 10:10:20
Diamond Dogs
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Based on my experience training in Div II, I can barely scrape the last playoff spot while ensuring consistent minutes for my trainees, kasi most of the time magiging liabilty ang trainees mo sa starting five. Unlike when I was training my only U21 player in Div III that I was at least assured he can handle the competition there. Not that I'm necessarily advocating tanking sa mga Division II teams but it will take you longer to be competitive and that should be a sacrifice you should be willing to make.

BTW quick question for those in the know, what is your minimum requirement for player potential para maabot a ng TSP requirements ng Senior NT? MVP and higher ba ideally? Thanks.

Last edited by Pro_Shot 🇵🇭 at 02/10/2019 10:10:48

This Post:
298354.10 in reply to 298354.9
Date: 02/10/2019 10:24:54
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Medyo alanganin ung MVP boss, pero kung maayos pagkakadistribute ng skills kinakaya naman like ngaun sa NT natin may mga MVP's na nakakapasok kasi di nga ganun kalaki tlaga talent base natin. Pero ideally sana HOF and above.

This Post:
298354.11 in reply to 298354.9
Date: 02/11/2019 05:55:03
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
1st game natin ngayon guys against UAE.

We are leading at the end of Q1; 30-17. Medyo pakaba ung umpisa natin good thing napagpag kaagad ang opening day jitters. Salamat sa bench firepower at sa solid debut ni Mende! (41368489) of team (203605).

Let's finish this off! :)