Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/21/2019 15:44:25
The Brick Squad
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats to GM-Siwy to the election!

For once I didn't forget to vote for the NT and here I am being the only vote haha.

Apologies to David Ivano though, as I have locked in my choice before you put your name in the voting system.

I'm not up to date with the majority of Lux players and how other users train them, but I do know that we have a very old line-up and not many means to replenish them as fast as other countries might do.

If there's anything I might do just let me know. I still have access to the google doc created by David, so that might be a good start.

Lets have a good one people.

This Post:
301080.2 in reply to 301080.1
Date: 08/21/2019 17:29:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, thanks for the vote! Also, a lot of respect for David Ivano, as I've discovered, how important is he to your community - I would like to thank him too for lots of hard work put into Luxembourgian NT!

After the first look at spreadsheets and NT roster I have to agree - this team used to have much more powerful starters, and, to be fair, I kinda excepted a little more talent here.

For now on, I have a file made in NT Scout (majority of bigger leagues) to have any point to start looking for potential prospects. As NT Scout doesn't seem to support Nations of Europe, I'm going to help myself with NTSO too. Just by first look I see that should be able to let some younger players make a match roster.

There's probably a lot of things to do in next days - making a new database should be a good start. Then the time will come to make a lot of e-mails - convincing foreign managers to train Luxembourgian prospects seems to be the most important thing here, as with only 6-7 teams our possibilities are limited.

Our group in Euro seems to be hell, to be fair. I'm not going to lie - I fully expect going 0-7 this year, Portugal and Hungary aren't teams that you wanna draw from lower pots. Beating Moldova may be our only chance this year.

Oh, and BTW - expect to have some direct e-mail contact soon, I've send a BB-mail to Kappirinho already, as he's a U21 manager, and I hope to have a good co-operation with him too!

Last edited by Siwy at 08/21/2019 17:30:54

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.

To: Siwy
This Post:
301080.3 in reply to 301080.2
Date: 08/26/2019 16:22:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Short info about loss with Luxembourg (100-110) and current situation with scouting.

My plan today was to take a risk with GDP, while saving enth for the next games. In both cases, I guess that I could do better, but overall result was decent.
Partibrejkers (Montenegro manager, I guess he was your manager as well?) tended to use only fast tactics, so first half of GDP was easy to predict. The second one was basically a guess between PtB (neutral GDP) and RnG (outside GDP) - and I guessed wrong. It could probably cost us an important win.
I considered CT, as I estimated that it could give us a chance to fight with Montenegro, but after computing enth I decided, that it wasn't worth the risk. What I regret now is I haven't decided to play normal - one level of effort more, and it would be a even game.
Some important players (Largillere, Redern) haven't played today due to low GS. I will try to contact their managers to remind them about GS.

About scouting: I'm probably going to upload database tomorrow. It will be late due to two factors:
a) I can't find a way to put some tables with raw data from NT Scout, NTSO and skill checks into one, nice table
b) I've been waiting for Kappirinho to give me a data from U21, as I couldn't check his players from junior squad - unluckily, he hasn't logged for week and he haven't responded.
E-mails to Luxembourgian managers have been send (except wandezoc, I'll contact him tomorrow). I still have to contact foreign managers with our players.

Last edited by Siwy at 08/26/2019 16:23:49

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.

To: Siwy
This Post:
301080.4 in reply to 301080.3
Date: 08/27/2019 09:06:57
The Brick Squad
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Partibrejkers is a good man, I talked to him a lot when he was still around in town. He did a lot of work for our NT in the past so he had some insider knowledge about our prospects and training plans.

Its a very good result considering how strong they are. Let us just rebuild the NT and perhaps we can look for some upsets in 1-2 seasons

Will the Lux managers have access to the database as well or is this gonna be a task for you/NT scouts to update the tables?