BuzzerBeater Forums

BB België > [U21] Season 47

[U21] Season 47

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/14/2019 15:43:51
Overall Posts Rated:
It's been a while since I posted anything about our U21. Simply due to the fact that I was very disappointed after the last campaign. I mean, when you have 2 players with GS 8 or better against better teams, that's just humiliating... I really needed some time to think about this.

This season, it all started differently. More than that, we are placed as 15th country for the next round.
I really want to thank the owners for our players' GS, they've been great. Altough it should be better if we want to go far in this competition. But it's a huge difference with last season (y)

Tonight we faced a tougher team Australia, who played a NORMAL (what I was hoping for) - RnG. I tried a TIE with a 3-2 zone and an inside focus. It worked. Of course HCA played a massive role, but we were sure to go to the next round so no wasting any enthousiasm. Also, we recorded 23 assists compared to the 6 assists of Australia, which is logically difficult for the Aussies when you come across and shoot.

Our topscorer Yoran Acquet (20y) was absolutely tremendous during the last games. Tonight his performance: 20 pts, 9 reb, 1 ass, 1 block and only 1 turnover in 36 minutes. Our 2 big guys Francq and Vasov both had a double double.

Hopefully we can keep this good form during the next round(s).

Last edited by Splash_Brother at 10/15/2019 00:45:42

This Post:
301500.2 in reply to 301500.1
Date: 10/22/2019 04:49:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Yesterday we faced Switzerland in the first round knock-out round. I thought our team would face more of an inside tactic, but it seemed that our Swiss friends believed their outside players could make a difference. As expected, their enthousiasm was a CT and I didn't want to take any risks what resulted with a normal. With an excellent first half, it was enough to take the win 75-92.

Next week we'll face our southern neighbours France and normally our run will end there. But it's France so our lads can do just that little extra against them. Maybe it's time to pull a special tactic out of my hat }:>

This Post:
301500.3 in reply to 301500.2
Date: 10/31/2019 06:54:16
Overall Posts Rated:
As expected a tough loss in France ended our run in the consolation tournament despite higher enthousiasm and correct GDP.

But what can I say? In the end I'm pretty happy with the results this season. The circumstances were good and owners very supportive!

Now is the time to focus for our next campaign. Updating all our youngsters and try to make a balance on what our goals will be next season.
4 current U21 national team players will stay in the team. It's always difficult to start the season with a new group and the transition can be more fluently with players who have more experience playing 2 seasons in the NT (if they are good enough).

Anyway, there will be elections too. So nothing confirmed that I'll be the coach for the 2 upcoming seasons. I do have the interest to go further and help our Belgian youngsters together with our scouts to get the most out of them.

If you do have questions, don't wait until the elections. You can respond in this topic.

Your U21 coach

Warriorground