BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Considering a team name change.

Considering a team name change.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/31/2020 19:38:11
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Since season 15 THE GREENSBORO GENERALS have represented the pride of the gate city. But cancel culture is coming after the team and ownership is under fire to re-brand the franchise as the 'generals' to some invokes civil war imagery, though the name itself refers to the battle of Guilford Courthouse during the revolutionary war between the forces of General Cornwallis (English) and Nathaniel Greene (American) with of course the latter being the one the city is named for. Actually the team name itself was the name of our minor league hockey team from the 1960-70's. And of course #cancelculture is not actually after the team name. I am just considering the change for the sake of change.

But what to change to? When I signed on I was going to call the team the Carolina Cougars after the ABA team of the same name, however at the time it was taken. I think at this point it is available, but why just limit yourself to former teams. Why not go for a different type of imagery? Perhaps I will hit the twitter to see if any of the community has a take, But here are a few ideas for your consideration along with potential new arena names as if we 'move' we are just jacking that modular stadium of ours on a lift and putting a wide load sign on it and trucking it up the road.

Musical:

Philadelphia Freedom, Ok Billy Jean King's team tennis squad had this moniker and of course everyone knows it from the Elton John song of the same title (one of my all time favorites of his and I am a big fan of his heyday)

New Arena name: Ms. King's Court,

Staying in the keystone state....

Scranton Stranglers: ok this is a gimme, guess it means I have to hire Toby to be our HR guy.

Arena:

Michael Scott reading room

Dunder Mifflin Arena

Robert California Coliseum

Creed Bratton Coliseum

Shrute Stadium

not there is a utopia team with the Dunder Mifflin name (they play in 'the office') so yeah I might be stepping on some toes with this one.

Ok since the son and I followed up swallowing the office in whole let's move onto our next binge fest that we are finishing up now as we have been taking in the genius of the show on the opposite end of the NBC late 2000s early 2010s lineup, community

Greendale Human Beings

Arena

Dean Pelton Dome

Hawthorne Wipes Arena

Chang Coliseum

now we are going to go back to fictional schools here in a bit but since we are breaking out what will go down as Chevy Chases swan song lets make reference to him at his height.

Bushwood County Club

Arena

Judge Snails Arena

Crummy Snobbitorium

Al Czervik Coliseum

Back in the '20's' I was in III>9 with a team called LambaLambaLamba which of course is from Revenge of the Nerds. But I always thought making reference to the all time college comedy would be cool

Faber College Mongols

Until I looked it up I did not know there was a nickname for the school from Animal House, A tually Faber Mongols are a brand of pencil, hmm you learn something new every day.

Arena

Dean Wormer Dome

Blutarsky Arena

Delta House

Port Chester Whooping Cranes

PCU was underrated as hell when it came out, personally found it to be a nice update on the general themes, and in retrospect the movie is almost prophetic.

Arena

The Pit

and just a couple more for shits and giggles.....

Green Acres

If you have never watched this show, you have missed out on a treat, it was 'meta' before there was meta

Arena

Arnold Ziffel Arena

and lastly...

Mayberry Minutemen

got to get in a Andy Griffith show reference, another show that if you never have watched you SHOULD but only the black and white episodes, if it's color, turn the channel.

Arena

Floyds barber shop (12,320 chairs, no waiting)

The rock

Mrs Mendelbrights boarding house

Checkpoint Chicky

The Bluebird Diner

Snapy Lunch ( a actual place in Andy's rel hometown of Mount Airy NC, which has turned into

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 08/31/2020 19:49:44

This Post:
305799.2 in reply to 305799.1
Date: 09/07/2020 16:23:37
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
You should change your team name to:

Wardo’s Sweaty furniture moving Co. & Coke.

OR

South African Ligers

OR

Greensboro Tigons

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago