Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/07/2024 09:58:06
Holy City Hoopers
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holy City Hoopers II
Season 64 tip off on Saturday. Looks like the BIG 8 got much stronger despite losing Retro Heat to promotion. Two very strong relegated III squads replacing them and a transfer squad that is capable. Going to be a battle to make the playoffs over there for our returning teams. Here is a quick rundown for all interested parties:

BIG 8
(Relegation) Pittsburgh Pressure - Well balanced team with strong attack and defense. Early favorite for promotion.
(Relegation) Wadsworth Grizzlies - Impressive attack yet average defense. Led by a strong backcourt. Strong contender for promotion.
(2) Holy City Hoopers - That's me. HP Villiard will hold down PG position moving forward instead of rotating training which should make me more competitive. But Brandon Ingles has 1 more season of training left so promotion bid is unlikely.
(3) Squidbeak Splatoon - Aging squad, probably needs to hit the transfer market to improve upon position.
(4) Typhoooon - Runner up MVP Ingmars Vaivods returns alongside 4th place Gan Congxuan. Despite individual accolades, seems to be at least one more player away from contention.
(5) Lewbowski Urban Achievers - No salary monster vets or rising stars, likely on the outside looking in again. Rookie Timothy Acevedo may be worth training to contend in a few seasons.
(Transfer) Maryland Pit-Bulls - Well balanced team, a bit stronger in attack than defense. Contender for playoff position, but not a promotion contender as currently constructed.
(Transfer) Hotties - Meng Jiun Tsong is a salary beast, but the ratings put up are quite poor otherwise. Outside looking in.

GREAT 8
(1) Fusion Strikers - League MVP Grzegorz Milczarksi and 3rd place Francisco Sastre lead the charge. Lacking balance in the front court to win promotion, but will likely contend yet again.
(2) Red Bull North Florida - Well balanced veteran squad. Need a transfer or star trainee to get them over the top.
(3) Crivitas - Aging veterans and not quite there yet trainees. Needs more time or money invested.
(4) Kirk Thuggins - Outside looking in as currently constructed. No focal point or exciting young trainee I can see.
(5) Chickens - Same situation, needs a lot of transfers or a crop of young trainees to make a move forward.
(6) Sons of Vulvan - Not a whole lot on the roster except for Daniel McCollum. Needs veterans and trainees.
(Transfer) Larranega Lobstahs - Very strong attack but lacking in defense. Serious contender for top billing but may need some restructuring or solid training program in place.
(Transfer) NYC Fighting Roosters - Doesn't appear to have a roster than can contend even in the weaker Great 8.

Last edited by Gccsteel at 03/07/2024 10:06:50

This Post:
323187.2 in reply to 323187.1
Date: 04/22/2024 09:33:49
Holy City Hoopers
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holy City Hoopers II
All-star break update:

Pittsburgh Pressure looks to be unbeatable. Wadsworth Grizzlies have the only chance but they came up pretty short in their first league matchup. Larranega Lobstahs look to be their likely finals challenger. They can score, but just don't have enough defense to slow a good offense.

The Hoopers are still a season or two away from threat of promotion. Our defense is rounding into form, but we neglected scoring to get there. A bit more focus there going forward should help round the young squad out and make them capable. But no imminent danger for Pittsburgh or Wadsworth.

This Post:
323187.3 in reply to 323187.2
Date: 04/25/2024 22:49:40
Pittsburgh Pressure
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Chattanooga Locomotives
I haven’t commented yet but I will do so now. The fact that I am 13-0 is not surprising to me. I actually do think in my current state that Wadsworth or Larranega could beat me and I don’t feel very comfortable about my position. I need more better players and WILL be buying more to make sure nobody can stop me. Winning the league is bare minimum I can accept. I do think it’s me and wadsworth for the conference and we will be facing Larranega in the finals. In all likelihood there be multiple promotions from this league, so it should be more open next season for Hoopers.

I will also say this league has been a lot tougher than I expected. I expected to drop down and go on cruise control for the season. I have not been able to do that. So credit to the league for that.

This Post:
323187.4 in reply to 323187.3
Date: 04/26/2024 14:36:01
Holy City Hoopers
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holy City Hoopers II
Retro Heat promoted last season and he was fairly strong. He's currently #2 in III.11 for reference. Yet somehow we got better as a division with two relegated III teams and a strong DIV transfer.

Hope you are right that we will get multiple promotions. But I suspect we will also get multiple demotions again and maybe a strong transfer. BB is making a concerted effort to focus active users into full leagues instead of spreading them out.

I am going homegrown so progress will be very slow. I've honestly screwed up Farmer and Morgan so won't be able to cap them. I was trying to train too many players, changed plans, and got too far behind on their progress. Good news is that Ingles will be capped in a couple seasons and should be good enough to anchor my squad into DIII eventually.