USA - NBBA > Updated Trophy Count

Updated Trophy Count

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
58905.8 in reply to 58905.6
Date: 08/25/2009 17:28:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I was a little offended my IV, III, and II trophies weren't included. Some of us had to come up through the ranks to make it here ;-)

Agreed, but the Tournament is open to all divisions.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
58905.9 in reply to 58905.8
Date: 08/25/2009 17:52:24
Overall Posts Rated:
but obviously teams with more money=easier time buying players=stronger teams.

This Post:
58905.10 in reply to 58905.9
Date: 08/25/2009 18:12:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Well there are plenty of other threads for teams that haven't won anything.

This Post:
58905.11 in reply to 58905.10
Date: 08/25/2009 18:20:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Ive produced some pretty good players, won some good games and beat some really good teams. Despite the very real probability that I get relagated against Wake I consider this a pretty successful season. Youre definition of "anything" is a pretty pigheaded one. You escaped my place on a retarded 4th quarter comeback, I have zero doubt that if you and I restarted and were placed in the same division I would kick your ass at this game. So would most of the teams who had to fight their way up. Digging for Change is your biggest thorn and the guy has like 80k less a week than you. Explain how that team kept up with you again? How does a team with that big of a disadvantage play the same teams on the same schedule and come out almost even? You are that bad? Enjoy the early start and the extra money you got from your advantage, the two best teams in the league can win without running their mouth everytime they get, you bark when you win, you bark when you lose. And you have the guts to call someone elses moves "bitch". Gimme a break dude.

This Post:
58905.12 in reply to 58905.11
Date: 08/25/2009 18:58:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow, such hostility.

Ok, let's break this down:

Ive produced some pretty good players, won some good games and beat some really good teams. Despite the very real probability that I get relagated against Wake I consider this a pretty successful season. Youre definition of "anything" is a pretty pigheaded one.

Did I say that you didn't have a good season? This thread was to count the total number of NBBA titles and Tournament Titles. You have the ability to create a different thread if you like.

You escaped my place on a retarded 4th quarter comeback, I have zero doubt that if you and I restarted and were placed in the same division I would kick your ass at this game. So would most of the teams who had to fight their way up.

Yeah that comeback was pretty sweet, but that's the random factor I guess. Looking at the ratings, it's not that ridiculous that I won the game. Since we have no way of proving your 2nd point, I'll leave it alone. We can't be blamed for "starting early". However, there are plenty of teams that started in the NBBA or reached there within the first couple seasons that have no NBBA titles. Also, only 2 teams have ever won the US Tournament. These are unquestionably the top two titles in the US.

Digging for Change is your biggest thorn and the guy has like 80k less a week than you. Explain how that team kept up with you again? How does a team with that big of a disadvantage play the same teams on the same schedule and come out almost even?

DFC is a good team, with a good manager who has done a fantastic job surviving in a series with 3 of the best teams in the country. I'd hardly call her my biggest thorn. We just enjoy throwing shit back and forth, it keeps things interesting. And I've won an NBBA title and a Tourney title since DFC has been around - how is that "almost even"? KDB is obviously my biggest thorn, knocking me out of the playoffs time and time again. No other team in the USA besides KDB has a winning record against me, although Ice Storm and Salisbury are pretty close.

Enjoy the early start and the extra money you got from your advantage, the two best teams in the league can win without running their mouth everytime they get, you bark when you win, you bark when you lose. And you have the guts to call someone elses moves "bitch". Gimme a break dude.

This early start thing is really overrated, and really only gave a HUGE advantage to the teams that STARTED in the NBBA. Salisbury started in the NBBA and had a ridiculous STH advantage over KDB and I and is the only one of those teams to do anything with it, winning a title and sticking around all this time. It is Season 9, and I still don't think KDB and I have caught up to his STH amount! Brianjames can confirm that for me. Also, none of us has received any promotion money. So to say that we are simply here because of our early start is silly because there are plenty of teams that have fallen off.

Enjoy the early start and the extra money you got from your advantage, the two best teams in the league can win without running their mouth everytime they get, you bark when you win, you bark when you lose. And you have the guts to call someone elses moves "bitch". Gimme a break dude.

I've known brianjames for almost 19 years, and he's always been that way. He's a humble dude. Especially with something silly like an internet sports simulation. Ice Storm is a chill guy as well. I've always had a big mouth, that's just the way I am. My friends and family wouldn't want me any other way!

Oh, and DFC undoubtedly made a "bitch move". Sometimes bitch moves are your only option in life if you want to get ahead. I just avoid that route as much as possible.

This Post:
58905.13 in reply to 58905.11
Date: 08/26/2009 10:38:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Enjoy the early start and the extra money

Not that I want to get in the middle of this, but the early start and extra money in season 1 and 2 (the two seasons before you started) wasn't as much as you'd think.

In season 1 training was much much slower. You couldn't build a player with half the skills some of these players have now if training speed had stayed at that pace. So there was a training advantage early on, but it was a fraction of what it is now, or even during season 3+ when they drastically increased the pace of training.

As for money, nobody really had any at the start. Even the best players barely sold for more then 100k. IIRC, things didn't really start inflating until season 4+ when salaries were still very low but teams were starting to rake in six digit arena incomes.

If anything, starting early allowed an easier/shorter trip to the top. Still had to be a good manager without having the assistance of learning from any older teams. Starting earlier is always going to help, but the competitive advantage of starting a season or two early after 9 seasons (and counting) has clearly dropped and continues to do so. There is a gap, but that's no different then the gap between you and another well managed team that started 2 seasons after you.

Last edited by brian at 08/26/2009 10:44:11

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
58905.14 in reply to 58905.13
Date: 08/26/2009 12:00:37
Overall Posts Rated:
My crazy hostility was probably due to it being a tuesday, which for me is a historic bad day. Garfields mondays have zero on my tuesdays. I overreacted to the "never won anything" comment. If you search through my posts I have a history of irrationality and going off the deep end. I am frankly pretty happy with my team and I understand there is going to be a gap and its probably fair, if you start first and put in the work before anyone else does you should have started with a bit more, you were working longer.

I noticed the best managed team thread, Id say yeah that the Heathens probably pull off a better job than anyone especially considering the fact he does not partake in the mutual tie deal. Can I nominate myself for worst? Note the selling of Pedro Ovando Solis and its effect on my subsequent wins? Yeah, shot myself in the face on that one because I could not see how I was going to afford both him and Jairo.

This Post:
58905.16 in reply to 58905.14
Date: 08/26/2009 12:07:25
Overall Posts Rated:
If you search through my posts I have a history of irrationality and going off the deep end.

Rationality and humility is less interesting anyways. You and stogey put on a much better show then, for instance, JuicePats and Dhoff:

JP: You're old and stuff!
Dhoff: What? Can you speak up?

To: Coco
This Post:
58905.17 in reply to 58905.15
Date: 08/26/2009 12:36:55
Overall Posts Rated:
All this was reflected, in longer cup runs and essentially more money

Thats a good point, the cup runs did provide a substantial stream of money to the teams that took advantage of it. Clearly some teams, esp Stogey and I, have focused on that and reaped the rewards.

Yes. IMHO, bigger than what I have vs. a season 5 team, since I cannot take advantage of FA's or increased training.

I'm not getting the FA thing having as much of an effect. Though I see your point about increased purchasing power allowing the advantage of a deeper team for a cup run.

As for the increased training I see that as a benefit for a team that started before season 5. They drastically increased the training speed, IIRC, around season 3 to increase salaries faster. I think they gradually reduced the pace of training a 2-3 times after that, so that teams starting later would start training at a slower pace each time it was reduced.

I helped a couple other teams pretty closely during season 4 and all were able to pick up 5 decent young trainees at that time and progress very well. Personally, I never focused on having the best young trainees. Usually I aimed for the best players that were still reasonably trainable, so I'm not sure having the best of the best trainees was ever the worth the premium paid for them. Esp considering FA's and the rapid growth of teams kept the prices on good players lower then they could be.

I'm not saying your wrong about the part I quoted above though, there's a lot of data (some we have, some we don't) to take into account.

Last edited by brian at 08/26/2009 12:38:10

This Post:
58905.18 in reply to 58905.16
Date: 08/26/2009 13:02:01
Overall Posts Rated:
If you search through my posts I have a history of irrationality and going off the deep end.

Rationality and humility is less interesting anyways. You and stogey put on a much better show then, for instance, JuicePats and Dhoff:

JP: You're old and stuff!
Dhoff: What? Can you speak up?

It's that old bastard's fault, he had to go and be born on the same day as me (literally the same day in the same year).

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement