248478.6 in reply to 248478.5
Date: 11/30/2013 20:30:00
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
wow. this really is paradise.

Yeah, it's nice. Just chilling with my trainees. I like to tank to D-5 when I rebuild.

you are getting full houses. i figure approximately $170,000 in revenue from there. your roster is probably under $60,000. you are clearly spending a lot on scouting, probably got a top notch trainer, but still making a good amount of money.

Those numbers are pretty accurate, actually. My roster is slightly under 60K. Unfortunately, I haven't been actively attentive for the better half of this season. Just a few days ago I checked my league economy numbers and realize the salary floor for this league is set at about 33K. I Wasted a lot of money! Last time around in D-5, I was making a little over 190K. So i'm disappointed about that.

a team of draftees. merchandise will be through the roof.

At the start of this season merch was at 15K. Since then, it's climbed up to 22K. Not sure if you could call that "through the roof" compared to higher leagues, but none the less, it's nice. Not gonna get much better than that in D-5, I'd suppose.

why did you buy that latest MVP?

I believe you're referring to my most recent transfer acquisition, Bill Isom. His POT is actually HOF (not MVP), so short answer: I really wanted a HOF/ATG POT trainee. But to be honest, I didn't actually believe I'd acquire him. I was fooling around with my cash reserves on the transfer list one night, placed a few bids on him, went to bed, come to find out the next morning he's on my roster. I let my 'wants' get in the way of my 'needs.' I really didn't need Isom -- especially not for that type of money -- but I wanted a top US prospect of his caliber really bad. Sometimes when you're sitting on a lump sum of money, it's hard to be conservative as your ego gets the best of you. All in, all... I love having the addition of Isom to my roster, though. Mainly for personal satisfaction. Haha!

you're gonna blow through the upper divisions the way King Driver Ballers did a few seasons back. well done. good luck.

I can only hope! I'm just waiting for the right time. Thanks! Appreciate it, man!

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago
This Post:
248478.7 in reply to 248478.5
Date: 11/30/2013 20:37:13
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
BTW - congrats on your cup run! You're are doing well in D-II as well! Very impressive! Glad Marc Gosling got to stay in the US and play for a GM such as yourself. Awesome!

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago