Rick and Morty

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/19/2017 20:26:14
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't quite know how or why but recently I jumped on this bandwagon and I am being taken on quite the ride. For something that started as a little back to the future knockoff this show has exhibited a depth that I find amazing.

Also since the shows creators understand the current media climate this has been the easiest show to integrate ones self into. It is amazing how a show that in it's first true season was sharp but a little scatter shot has garnered a real story telling edge. Though not in a way that makes it easy to project where the show will head.

The characters though outrageous are all relatable and evolving. The story lines are ripe with possibilities though the creators are quite willing to hold off on staying with one narrative for too long.

This is also a show which truly understands less is more. The seasons have been short, the interim between long, and apt to pop back into the public conscious at the drop of a hat
Case in point, the current season debuted out of the blue for April fool's, then they made everyone wait four months for the season to commence proper, simply brilliant.

If you not checking this one out, your missing out.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 09/19/2017 20:29:37

This Post:
289269.3 in reply to 289269.1
Date: 10/09/2017 15:22:13
Overall Posts Rated:
One of shows that I'm gonna start to watch, but I can't convince myself to do it ;) Also, I have to finish new season of South Park first.

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.
This Post:
289269.4 in reply to 289269.3
Date: 10/09/2017 16:46:48
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
The end of the season was a little bit of a letdown, not because it lacked quality but because it did not provide closure. But in many ways it was right in step with the vision of the shows creators.

Of course half of the appeal is what happens away from the show. Especially the fans, who are quickly supplanting game of thrones fans for douchebaggery. For a show about the world's self confessed smartest man watched by a group that thinks they are the world's smartest fans the entire McDonald's szchunan sauce situation was a classic troll. I went to a McDonald's and ordered those mediocre tenders and asked if they had the sauce and if looks could kill I would be getting embalming fluid pumped into me because that old lady had a look on her face that said she had heard that question just about enough

This Post:
289269.6 in reply to 289269.5
Date: 11/13/2019 11:02:45
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Since season 4 has now dropped time to blow the dust.

The premiere hit all the right notes. Someone who has not ever watched the show might be perplexed but for those who have been following the show over the years it was a great return that was well worth the wait! Wonderful skewering of the more "toxic" aspects of the fan base and of American society at large.