BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.30 > SEASON 42 Third quarter report + playoffs predictions

SEASON 42 Third quarter report + playoffs predictions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/14/2018 10:05:23
Overall Posts Rated:
With just a handful of games left, let's dive into the season team by team, and predict what might happen in the playoffs.

THE FAVORITES:

Srar - A late season rebuild may have given this team what it needs to finally break through and win the league. Srar has been a part of the playoff picture since SEASON 24! They probably were going to get bounced again this year, even as the 1 seed, but some sneaky cost effective moves have positioned them to take the title. And then, snake bitten again, as they lost their starting SG for two weeks. Will this be the year they finally get that 800lb gorilla off their back?

TITLE ODDS: 3/1

Best Friggin Team Ever, Man - They almost won it all last year and look just as potent heading into the home stretch. Interestingly enough, this team has not made ANY moves in the past calendar year. It could be an indication of of trouble in the front office, but this team is still very dangerous on a game by game basis and could emerge from a crowded GREAT 8.

TITLE ODDS: 3/1

Kurgans - They are hoping to continue the long traditional of the BIG 8 winning it all despite having the inferior conference. And they might have the best player in the league in Center, Luis Pontes. They better, because they paid a lot to get him. This team is a bit top heavy and an injury could derail everything, but they are huge favorites to emerge from their conference, which gives them a solid, if not outside, chance for the title.

TITLE ODDS 5/1

Redstones - Big payroll. Big talent upfront. This team is a sneaky pick to win it all. Their front court will be a nightmare for any team facing them in the playoffs, and one of the toughest 3 seeds ever. Their perimeter defense is a concern, but if they make it to the finals, they match up nicely vs Kurgans.

TITLE ODDS 3/1

OUTSIDERS:

Warm Shrim, Houston, Philly, Iowa

Houston has done a great job winning and rebuilding at the same time. They broke the bank and division transfer records going after Rafko Sturm. They need some roster help if they want to win it in all this season or next, but this team is set up for long term success perhaps better than any team in the league.

Warm Shrim have to be happy about their first full season. The upstarts are almost a lock for the final playoff spot but are a few pieces away from surviving their division. They do have some interesting young players, but are likely a year or two away from contending.

Philly and Iowa both have small, top heavy rosters. They both need some work but a few major pieces are in place. And while things can change quickly in this game, both look to be a few years away from contending as well.

BOLD PREDICTIONS:

Redstones over Kurgans to win it all!

Poll:  Which team will win the title
Response Votes Result

Srar 1
20.0% 20.0% 20.0%
20.0%
Kurgans 2
40.0% 40.0% 40.0%
40.0%
Best Team Ever 1
20.0% 20.0% 20.0%
20.0%
Redstones 1
20.0% 20.0% 20.0%
20.0%
other 0
0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
0.0%

This poll ended on 07/16/2018.

This Post:
294390.2 in reply to 294390.1
Date: 06/14/2018 11:04:17
Kurgans
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
This is great. I will say that I have just been hanging on for many years as I have been trying to build my warchest of funds and regain the desire to make it back to the NBBA as it takes a lot of work to do. I am still deciding if I want to expend more funds to add some more high end depth.
I really think the Great 8 playoffs will be very interesting and all about match ups, enthusiasm and home court. Who is willing to use their enthusiasm in the early rounds will be important to watch. I will also just add a note to the odds: I have matched up reasonably well with Srar and Redstones in our games the last few years but have been terrible against Best.

This Post:
294390.3 in reply to 294390.1
Date: 06/16/2018 22:27:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I like it, very nice indeed. This season playoff will be very interesting especially in the Great 8 division. But I am expecting to come up top n go to the finals...

Last edited by sd16 at 06/17/2018 05:23:17

This Post:
294390.4 in reply to 294390.1
Date: 07/10/2018 12:35:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Really sad I just found this gem! Great write up. I voted for Kurgans even though it's a little late lol. I think in the end they have the best team in a very competitive conference.

A for Houston, we decided to take a step back to get a step further. We were definitely outsiders looking in on the championship picture and felt I needed to let my youth grow a bit. Sturm I felt was someone I couldn't pass up at 21 and adding him to my youthful lineup. He now brings a strong foundation in the frontcourt.

Steve Olson, Morris Evans, and the Tilley's (half-brother's) Duke and Darryl, will continue to be the focal points of my training while I try to stack up cash.

Were decent now, just feel like it won't be for another season or two until we are very scary.

This Post:
294390.5 in reply to 294390.4
Date: 07/11/2018 09:02:16
Kurgans
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
The first game of the finals was very weird. The foul differential was insane and a major factor in the game.

This Post:
294390.6 in reply to 294390.5
Date: 07/11/2018 15:53:57
Overall Posts Rated:
It didn't surprise me you blew them out. double guess and you went 3-2 on there RnG. They had little chance. The fouls were rough but just made for a bad overall game by srar.

It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts.