Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
297512.5 in reply to 297512.3
Date: 01/04/2019 17:31:29
Paradiesvögel Konstanz
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea of appealing to mobile gamers. The 3x3 mode would certainly be a major addition to the game. The development would take more time than a more basic app.

But in general I think that the rhythm of BB is just too slow for people interested in quick diversions. At this point an app would mainly cater to existing BB users. One opportunity is a bit of a redesign of BB. Of course, the website is great and all. But it cannot be the guideline for the app.

To really offer something to mobile users a lot of the game mechanics would have to change. And that would annoy a lot of "old" players.

This Post:
297512.8 in reply to 297512.3
Date: 01/05/2019 15:05:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Bullzeye. You are completely right, the game needs modernisation to become a valid mobile app based game. 3x3 would be a great addition for an arcade mode. Its vital to give players something other to do than browse the market and might help glue people to this game, while waiting for the next 3x3 opponent for example. I would like to see that online players could play head to head 3x3 games, they could improve their the 3x3 squad aswell in the long run. Make seasonal contracts for players for example. Add bot teams in the mix until we have over 50k users again :D

This Post:
297512.9 in reply to 297512.8
Date: 01/06/2019 10:05:01
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't think we really need to make a new game, but 3 games a week is good enough already
of course new players may want to play a game every day, but since the game is new for them they'll find many ways to spend their time like buying new players or finding the best way to throw away their initial money

if i was in charge, i'd focus on making the old game 100% usable
1) changing the match viewer so people can see their games live without installing some weird browser on their cellphone only for BB
2) making a mobile-friendly version of the website and/or the much requested app to help the general experience

Last edited by mark_lenders at 01/06/2019 10:07:02

This Post:
297512.12 in reply to 297512.1
Date: 01/11/2019 00:58:38
Overall Posts Rated:
An app should bring in more users.

Ultimately I think some flaws in the structure and game-play design will drive them away again over time.

I don't think BBs are willing to address or correct the core game design flaws so the game will continue to flounder.

This Post:
297512.13 in reply to 297512.11
Date: 01/12/2019 22:12:16
Overall Posts Rated:
An app is a good idea, but it won't save Buzzerbeater.

In my view the biggest problem is the league structure. It doesn't work with a small user base. Active players are often isolated in some obscure division. Bot teams are BAD for the game, there should not be as many as there are today. It really hurts the community.

I think they should get rid of the actual structure by removing the country level. Just put all teams under the same "country" and keep the actual division system. Who cares if an Italian club is in the same league with canadians, russians, greeks, etc? I think lower leagues would become way more competitive and the community could flourish again.

The grouping by country is great and all but it simply doesn't work anymore. BB is now an extremely tiny "niche" game. It's not necessarily a bad thing but we have to accept the reality. In my view the worst thing to do is to divide an already shrinking user base. I know my solution sounds extreme but an extreme situation requires an extreme solution.

Last edited by Deneb at 01/12/2019 22:12:51

Advertisement