Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/25/2021 23:51:37
Finisher23
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jr. Jazz All-Stars
Hey Everyone, As I posted in the Season 53 announcement, we are putting together an implementation plan for changes to Buzzerbeater. Helping know what not to change will help us know where to start and what to leave alone. Our goal is to keep the core great parts of Buzzerbeater while also making changes to have the game more closely reflect real life. Let us know your answer to the question.

What is your favorite part of Buzzerbeater or the core part of Buzzerbeater that has you coming back, excited to keep playing.

Feel free to vote up posts you agree with and for other your other suggestions feel free to start up a new thread in this suggestions forum.

To: Dr J
This Post:
308844.2 in reply to 308844.1
Date: 03/25/2021 23:55:33
Finisher23
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jr. Jazz All-Stars
(Post saved)

This Post:
308844.3 in reply to 308844.1
Date: 03/26/2021 04:24:09
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi, great to read all the news!

For me it's definitely the training and NT/U21. I don't have ambitions to win trophies with my club for now (lack of time to spend on BB).

This Post:
308844.4 in reply to 308844.3
Date: 03/26/2021 04:33:15
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
In no specific order:

- training
- national teams (although the tournaments need to change)
- Utopia
- supporter
- scouting + draft
- customisable player faces (more beards would be nice)
- forums
- lineups, tactics and GDP

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
308844.6 in reply to 308844.5
Date: 03/26/2021 05:00:26
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The training needs to remain "difficult". I've read a lot of suggestions to make it easier but in my opinion it would be awful. Having to manage training and results is the core of Buzzerbeater

+1
I have the same opinion. Training is one of the main points in BB. You have to plan, ajust and invest a lot of time. And thanks to this, you can build so many different kind of players. With easier training, BB would lose a lot of its challange and fun.

This Post:
308844.7 in reply to 308844.5
Date: 03/26/2021 05:05:20
Mağara Adamları BK
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
It’s a lot more realistic than alternatives. I’ve tried a lot of games but BB was always the best one for me for that reason. Some people want faster training and more games per week but I think those are two core elements that should not be changed.

To: Dr J
This Post:
308844.8 in reply to 308844.1
Date: 03/26/2021 05:11:06
Espoo Seals
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Espoo Seal Pups
Definitely training.

I really hope that this new stamina change won't make succeeding by training your own players harder. It is already very difficult so please consider a countermeasure to balance the training accordingly. If 48+ minutes will become impossible to achieve in one game without a significant drop to their performance, it will mean that it becomes even more of a choice between training and success.

If there is no chance to succeed without training your own players, there is really no point for me to play this game - and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Few ideas about the countermeasure:

1. Lower the amount of minutes needed per game to get full training (30 to 40 minutes)

2. No minute requirement, just choosing 3/6 players to get the training

3. Lower the speed of stamina drops

4. Raise the effect of nutritionist so you don't have to pay for level 7 one to get only a miniscule positive stamina increases (or create an infrastructure to help with this issue)

5. Make the faster stamina decrease only affect in B3 matches (and maybe playoffs) or overall games where you use playoff-enthusiasm

6. Tie the stamina decrease to the enthusiasm used. TIE=no significant stamina decreases, CT=faster stamina decreases. In my mind this would be logical that the harder you try, the more your stamina drains

These are just a few ideas I have or I have seen in the forums (sorry I can't give proper credit because I couldn't find the original ones). Please feel free to add to the list so we can come up with a solution as fast as possible and avoid the destruction of training your own players as a valid strategy.

Ps. I don't want to make training easier, just don't make training and trying to succeed at the same time more difficult than it is now with this stamina change.

Last edited by atsii at 03/26/2021 05:13:16

This Post:
308844.10 in reply to 308844.9
Date: 03/26/2021 05:53:11
KK Stihija
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm a long time player, quit once and returned.

I enjoy training the most, that's why I decided to go homegrown.

I have a proposal for training, if stamina decrease will make it difficult to play one trainee for full game: Make a limit for minimum and maximum training, for example, player would need 38 minutes for full training, but will need to play 10 minutes in order to get any training. So in practice, not much changes, but you could still be competitive and train. You would still need to plan a good training schedule, but wouldn't be penalised (by new stamina) if you want to train six or three players.

People who train are the core of this game. Without them, there would be no good players for people who compete without training. Any improvement of training is welcome, but as others already said, don't make it too easy.