BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Improve scrimmage games usage/tactics for training completion purposes

Improve scrimmage games usage/tactics for training completion purposes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/09/2022 01:02:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Greetings.

I would really like to train players and, while I understand that the HC/AI makes it's choices in the league/official games, I can't understand why the same HC/AI are/have been very much an obstacle in maxing the training opportunities.

I would (like to) suggest that the scrimmage games should/could have a different setup (if necessary) because the HC mostly does not care about the training management at all or contributes for it's failure instead of it's completion. It would be great to have a way to "instruct" the HC to actually assure the team's training/goals are completed.

As an example, I've posted a (I assume) bug here -> https://buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thread=312798

But I've also had situations where, in scrimmage games, the HC/AI just doesn't care about the training at all. He keeps playing players who already have their minutes, while not playing the ones who need them, even if the formation is set/ready for him to allow the (proper) management of their minutes. For a specific example, in a game my team was winning big, a player who had logged 48+ minutes just kept playing (for no real reason), while another with 40+ minutes but below 48 was stuck under that, despite having multiple chances (and plenty of time) to get the needed time, failing to get the training he should and, well, making it harder and frustrating to try and train players (somewhat) efficiently.

This Post:
312799.3 in reply to 312799.2
Date: 01/13/2022 16:13:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Greetings.

Just to let you know that even following what you mentioned, the HC/AI still managed to ruin this week's training (that's two in a row).
I guess it's something that can't be properfly fixed since the instructions aren't followed as they're set

This Post:
312799.5 in reply to 312799.4
Date: 01/13/2022 18:01:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Pellino is fine, by luck. He was substituted too, just as he it 45.
Flávio though lost the time he needed (he was substituted for 7 and needed 4 more).

Yeah, I get what you say but, to be honest, it's like you need to play the game wrong.
The "strict" thingy just doesn't work properly, it's not a reliable "tactic" at all.
Those odd substitutions you mention are surely something editable/doable, I guess.

I guess it doesn't matter.
It's just a poor feature to work around, I guess.
Thanks for the help though

This Post:
312799.6 in reply to 312799.5
Date: 01/13/2022 18:08:04
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I haven't watched this video in a while but it should explain what to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsMjEFlbDo

I don't think I've ever had problems getting my trainees the full 48 mins (other than injury/fouling out) following something similar to this.

This Post:
312799.8 in reply to 312799.6
Date: 01/13/2022 18:14:48
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll take a look at it, thanks
I've failed to do so for 2 straight weeks, though I was doing it wrong the first time.
Maybe I'm still not getting the "exact" formula to get it straight!

This Post:
312799.9 in reply to 312799.7
Date: 01/13/2022 18:22:08
Overall Posts Rated:
It just turns one of the most fun/interesting part of the game into something frustrating, a negative instead of a positive.

The consequence to that explanation would be a fired HC. No HC is paid to avoid the progress of his team lol I'm fine with them doing their thing in the "official" matches but for the scrimmage the only concern of the HC would be to achieve the team/training goals. Like you said, lose all you want but develop the players, right? It defies logic

Anyway, enough ranting, sorry about that.

If it keeps up, I'll have to start using 5 players only and some lucky fans every now and then. Will have to consider doing what needs to be done with the rest of the team on the other 2 games, somehow.

This Post:
312799.10 in reply to 312799.9
Date: 01/13/2022 18:36:04
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Yeah in the past people have suggested an overhaul to give managers more control over minutes, partly because of issues with training. But for now the technique in the video has always worked for me, so hopefully it will for you as well