BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > Botified Team Won the Finals then Taken over by New Manager and got Promoted

Botified Team Won the Finals then Taken over by New Manager and got Promoted

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/13/2022 05:14:32
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
An awesome event just happened... and IDK if this is a Bug or another Buzzerbeater World Record.

Upon scouting my new Division after being promoted I was such an amusement to see an inactive team Wins a Div.3 Finals.

Former Pampanga Giant Lanterns now Toman Spurs were crowned champions of league Pilipinas III.4 gone inactive and Went bot but Won the Final Game.
https://buzzerbeater.com/league/2006/overview.aspx?Season=...

Game 1 and Game 2 both under the flag of Giant Lanterns:
Game 1: https://buzzerbeater.com/match/118223041/boxscore.aspx
Game 2: [link=https://buzzerbeater.com/match/118223042/boxscore.aspx]

A new Management took over but still got Promoted. lol

I know this could be a rare occurrence but hoping this wont happened in the future just to be fair to other competitive teams.

This Post:
313292.2 in reply to 313292.1
Date: 01/19/2022 14:42:15
Overall Posts Rated:
From what I can see, pampanga won the final before becoming a bot, so I don't see how this can be unfair to other players. Moreover the other teams made no effort to win: they knew the tactics of the opponent in advance, but they didn't take advantage of it, they surely had better team shape due to pampanga inactivity...
How can this be unfair?

This Post:
313292.3 in reply to 313292.2
Date: 01/19/2022 16:53:50
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
It was unfair for the other well-fitted teams from other Leagues that pushed for promotion... to be overtaken by newly created teams...It could have been better if the Botified Team stayed Bot... giving it some immunity for being taken over by new created teams.... and still be exempted from promotion after being Crowned as a Champion... following the Bot replacement and Bot demotion of the system... A better team could have been replaced the Bot teams.

This Post:
313292.4 in reply to 313292.3
Date: 01/22/2022 09:17:15
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Isn't there an option to choose a higher league upon entering? Iirc there was such a thing, so I think the BBs prefer to have top leagues filled rather than having bots.

This Post:
313292.5 in reply to 313292.4
Date: 01/25/2022 06:13:19
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes sir there is... and I remember those options upon team creation...

besides that, there is also is an Additional Promotion for Bot Replacement over the Higher Divisions... which is a piece of clear evidence that BBs prefer to fill the Top leagues with active and competitive managers.

If you'd consider my comment above as a suggestion... If implemented... BB would have a better system on Promotions and Relegations... coz the Idea I've shared is for the Inactive turned Botified teams during the Final Games (if not PO) should be given immunity to be owned by newly registered Managers(disable the option of taking over a team from the higher division on those part of the season)... and if that Bot Team were crowned as a Champion should still be relegated to the lowest league where Humans and Bots meet... and follow the List of the additional Promotion for Bot Replacement on those events... It will ensure the Promoted team is better equipped than a newly created team...