Help - English > Economy: Total Player Salaries vs Players Salaries Floor

Economy: Total Player Salaries vs Players Salaries Floor

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/23/2022 16:10:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello all,

First apologies for the question if it seems dumb, but I have looked around the Manual and could not find any explanation to this. Can't search the forum as the search is a Supporter option and honestly I looked the first couple of pages and didn't find anything related.

Question: I have Total Player Salaries of $ 122 489 but I am being charged the Player Salaries Floor: $ 246 651 which will cause me to have negative weeks if I don't lower the salaries.
Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

This Post:
313524.2 in reply to 313524.1
Date: 01/23/2022 16:21:01
Overall Posts Rated:
hi there!

player salaries floor is the minimum salary you are going to pay through the season. You are in the 2nd league so you are paying 190 percent of your TV Contract income every week. You need to build your arena as quickly as possible if you dont want to have deficit every week. start with the bleachers, adjust your arena prices in the meantime and you'll be alright

This Post:
313524.4 in reply to 313524.1
Date: 01/23/2022 16:37:13
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
From the economy page of the manual:

As part of the agreement giving you shared television revenue, you also agree to pay a minimum total salary, shown on the Economy page. If your players earn less than this total, this minimum salary will be deducted anyway. The salary floor depends upon your league's television revenue:

Division I: 245% of TV money
Division II: 190% of TV money
Division III: 130% of TV money
Division IV: 100% of TV money
Division V,VI: 70% of TV money

The salary floor does not apply to new teams for their first 24 weeks.

If there's something specific you want to find in the manual, try selecting "all the goodies in one page" then using the search in your web browser to find the right section

This Post:
313524.5 in reply to 313524.2
Date: 01/23/2022 16:41:59
Overall Posts Rated:
hi there!

player salaries floor is the minimum salary you are going to pay through the season. You are in the 2nd league so you are paying 190 percent of your TV Contract income every week. You need to build your arena as quickly as possible if you dont want to have deficit every week. start with the bleachers, adjust your arena prices in the meantime and you'll be alright :)

Thanks. I am already building up my arena. Guess it will take a couple of weeks but I'll be fine.

This Post:
313524.6 in reply to 313524.4
Date: 01/23/2022 16:43:11
Overall Posts Rated:
From the economy page of the manual:

As part of the agreement giving you shared television revenue, you also agree to pay a minimum total salary, shown on the Economy page. If your players earn less than this total, this minimum salary will be deducted anyway. The salary floor depends upon your league's television revenue:

Division I: 245% of TV money
Division II: 190% of TV money
Division III: 130% of TV money
Division IV: 100% of TV money
Division V,VI: 70% of TV money

The salary floor does not apply to new teams for their first 24 weeks.

If there's something specific you want to find in the manual, try selecting "all the goodies in one page" then using the search in your web browser to find the right section :)

I read all that but to be honest I didn't understood it properly apparently, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

Thanks for the tips.