Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/27/2022 17:31:26
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Currently a pretty well accepted "complete" arena consists of approximately the following:
15000 Bleachers
5000 Lower Tier
500 Courtside
50 Luxury Box

Correct me if I am wrong, but under current expansion costs this costs a team a total of 7.185 million dollars to achieve. While I enjoy the slow pace and planning process of buzzerbeater, this seems a little bit excessive to me. It is a daunting task for both new users, returning users, and teams who have just purchased a utopia team. Not to mention it isn't a very exciting process.

I propose that the cost be lowered for the first X amount of different seats built. For example, the first 5000 bleachers, 1000 lower tier, 100 courtside, and 10 luxury boxes could come at a discount. I believe this would have the following effects on the game:

1. New users would be more encouraged to expand their arena which would help them long term.
2. Returning users would be able to return to competitiveness quicker. I believe many of the "new users" who sign up today are actually returning users.
3. Utopia teams wouldn't take so long to establish which may encourage more players to purchase a second team option.

I know there would be some possible downsides, but I would love to hear if others have a similar opinion or you like the expansion costs being as high as they are currently.

Last edited by Mediocrity at 01/27/2022 18:50:28

This Post:
313561.5 in reply to 313561.1
Date: 01/28/2022 10:30:17
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I'd agree with increasing the starting arena for Utopia teams, as you get thrown into a competitive league straight away.

But for regular new teams I think it's quite easy to build an arena appropriate for their league each season. They start with a larger arena already, they get regular new player bonus money for the first few weeks, and they usually start in a weak/bot league. Building a finished arena takes time, but if you add 2-3k each season then you'll have the 20k by the time you need it.

I guess one thing you could do is replace the new player bonus money with a larger starting arena.

This Post:
313561.6 in reply to 313561.2
Date: 01/28/2022 11:40:22
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
I agree that we don't want to end up taking the arena building aspect out completely. However, I think we are pretty far from that. For new teams it is the smartest route to long term profits to build the arena, but it takes so long that it makes the game pretty boring as you aren't able to save up money to build out your team.

I think jumpstarting the process with some discounts would make it more encouraging to start building even if it still takes a while.

This Post:
313561.7 in reply to 313561.5
Date: 01/28/2022 11:42:56
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Adding 2-3k seats per season still ends up taking you 5-7 seasons to complete the arena with you having to spend about a million per season. This eats up most of your original profits for the first 1 to 2 years of playing the game and makes it harder to invest in competing.

I think there needs to be more of a focus geared towards helping new teams get competitive more quickly as it will help them stick around. Especially since I believe a lot of times they are returning players.

This Post:
313561.8 in reply to 313561.7
Date: 01/28/2022 12:18:34
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I think arena sizes in the beginning are fine.

What is not fine is that in lower divisions you make too little money from your arena.

In lower divisions, it's very hard to fill your seats without reducing the prices a lot. The more you build, the more you need to decrease the prices to fill the seats, it's almost a zero sum. The more you build, the less money you have to make your team competitive, which leads to less victories, which leads to a screwed up fan survey, which leads to less money, which leads to less capacity of building more seats and so on.

This Post:
313561.11 in reply to 313561.10
Date: 01/28/2022 15:20:54
deanswer
IV.48
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
dequestion
One thing to point out - eventually, all these suggestions, the new ones and the ones that were already implemmented, are all means to speed up BB's pace:

BBM - extra game per week, so people won't get bored with only 2 games per week.

Youth trainer + Gym + Training court - All have one purpose which is to speed up training.

Larger starting arena(or any other way that will increase the arena capacity for beginners) - understanding that it takes way too long to build your arena in order to be able to compete with the veteran managers that in your league(or the leagues above you), which in turn, almost preventing you from being competetive from day 1 after you sign up.

And some other things like how long it takes to return from tanking, how long it still takes to train a player, how long it takes to study the game(more games, faster you learn), more suggestions will be implemmented if BB's don't have to wait a season(or two, which is 3-6 RL months) because they have to announce ahead of time.

I've been talking about it forever and Joe Maverick came up with an amazing 10 week's season schedule that will speed up the game just a bit, so beginners will be able to finish their arena sooner, study the game faster, so players will be done in less than 2.5 years, so we will have just another one extra league game per week which will take care of everyone and will give everyone 3 games per week, regardless of cup or even BBM that only last for half a season for most teams.

Im not dumb, i know its a pretty big change that won't happen soon(or at all), but you see, this issue, BB's pace, is always the elephant in the room that all these suggestions eventually tries to solve.

Already read this suggestion and again totally agree with you

S52 CUP WINNER "non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco"