This Post:
Date: 10/06/2022 08:07:09
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Hey all,

In the discord community we have had discussion and we are looking at making a systematic push at creating a strong u21 with this season’s draft class. We currently have 3 managers currently on board but if anyone else wants to join in that would be great.

We are looking for teams to have a minimum of level 5 trainer and youth trainer, and would be looking to train a 18 year old from this season’s draft with a minimum potential for guards of perennial allstar and superstar for bigs.

We will be doing most of the discussions on the BB England discord channel (https://discord.gg/eps6PKPS) but I can communicate through BB Mail for those who want to be involved but don’t have/want to use discord.

Obviously happy to coordinate for the season after for another ‘super team’ if people aren’t ready to train this season.

Get in touch with me if you’re interested.

This Post:
316283.2 in reply to 316283.1
Date: 01/02/2023 09:37:29
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
The first crop of 18 year olds are in training, and making good progress. Looking good for a season 62 push.

It would be great if we could pull together some more managers willing to take one some of next seasons 18 year olds and create the team for season 63.

Managers would need to be willing to train 3 English 18 year olds (can be bought or drafted) to a training plan.

If anyone is interested, send me a message on here or the discord.

Last edited by arrowspg5 at 01/02/2023 10:53:23

This Post:
316283.4 in reply to 316283.3
Date: 01/02/2023 18:06:26
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
If arrows doesn't mind me answering:

Do you have set plans (week by week ) for those who would train for you?

This season we have several managers who banded together. We discussed which players we wanted to buy, what sort of players we wanted to create, what we think would be the best training plans for achieving it. So we did pool our knowledge, but the weekly plans are left up to the individual manager.

I can't commit to three but I have the funds to buy one and train one.

Yes, I'm sure any help would be appreciated!
The main thing is a high level trainer + youth trainer and 100% training every week (obviously someone with your experience knows that, but for anyone else reading who is interested).
AFAIK we don't have any managers specially lined up for next season's draftees yet, so with the above training your potential trainee would likely be one of the stars of the team.

I'm very happy to see the English u21 team doing so well this year.

The losses to Mexico and Romania were a bit disappointing, but we'll see what happens in the second stage.

This Post:
316283.5 in reply to 316283.3
Date: 01/03/2023 06:14:41
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
We don’t necessarily have week to week plans, but as a group we discussed how we wanted that age group to look and then suggested training plans to get the players to fit that system/squad we’re aiming for

If we got another group together it would be good to develop a whole team plan, but as you are so far the only interested manager the training plan would be whatever you want it to be. Just having managers training English players should create a solid team, that’s what we’ve worked from in seasons up to now.