This Post:
Date: 11/13/2022 13:28:06
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
G’day team, thanks for the endorsement to manage the National Team
For another term. I feel like we’re in good shape at the moment with good depth adding pressure on the guys currently in the squad.
We kick off our Asian Cup tournament tonight against Indonesia. These guys have a knack of popping up and catching sides off guard, particularly early in the season, so fingers crossed we start this one with a win.
Game shape will be essential for minutes this season, so please try to keep your players somewhere between 60 and 65 minutes each week.
If you have a guy that is pushing up as a contender please keep me updated with his skill pops, there are slots free for a reason.
Goal 1 is progress through the opening round robin stage and then goal 2 is to qualify for semi finals.
It’s no easy task this season, a couple of the other bigger Asian nations look strong, but we’ll back ourselves in to give ourselves every chance of going back to back World Cup appearances.

See you court side!

Deano

This Post:
317062.2 in reply to 317062.1
Date: 01/01/2023 04:09:03
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
Ok, first goal has been achieved and we’re through to the second stage. We’re in a tough pool, but we’re definitely a chance of making a semi final at least.
We kick off this week with a tricky game against Hanguk. Over the next 7 weeks or so if we are to try and earn another look at a WC appears we’re going to need a combination of good, consistent game shape and a pinch of luck with injuries.

It’s great to see some younger guys working their way into the team this season while the continued form of veteran Grunter is mind boggling. How he is maintaining his skills this deep into 36 is beyond me, but I’m not complaining!
He has become our sixth most capped player of all time this season and also our sixth highest scorer. He’s got stiffer competition for spots this season but his steady top notch game shape keeps seeing him sneak in minutes each week; well done to Balev for how well he has managed him in his latter years.

This Post:
317062.3 in reply to 317062.2
Date: 01/03/2023 03:40:44
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
Alrighty, we picked up a really solid win first up in the second round over Hanguk which has us nicely placed to earn that all important top-2 finish in our pool.
Having Davidson back healthy and in great shape was a good start, with our powerful SF leading our scorers with 18 plus 7 boards, two assists and a block.
Have to point out the super defensive performance of Cull, who had 17 points, 9 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks. Huge!
Pelip was super efficient, knocking down 17 points and 9 boards in 16 points.
Densi in his first start has 12 points and 5 assists.
Malaysia going down against China and Japan getting rolled by Iran makes the coming month of games interesting, it could come down to our final pool game before we know whether we play semis or not.

Our games are 10pm Monday nights, tune in and enjoy the games!
We still have two slots free for additional players, you have a guy on the fringe and he has popped recently, please update me and if things pan out he might sneak in along the way.

This Post:
317062.4 in reply to 317062.3
Date: 01/06/2023 17:58:55
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
Just a reminder, if you have a guy that you think might be pushing for a spot, bbmail me his skill set, as scouting mid season is tricky without harming the team’s enthusiasm.

This Post:
317062.6 in reply to 317062.5
Date: 04/22/2023 19:28:55
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
Time waits for no man, unfortunately. You should see how the wheels have fallen off my man Hongjing. Once they hit 35 it can go to crap quickly.