National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
208829.2 in reply to 208829.1
Date: 02/08/2012 08:50:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Dear Canada,

Although the Elections have already gotten off to a blazing start, I would like to announce that I will be running for the position of Manager of the National Team next term.

I'm sure everyone who follows the NT will remember be for last season where I honestly sucked hard at everything, including having a walkover in the repechage and not even making it to the playoff round in the consolation round. But I would like you to remember in my first season, Canada went on quite a run in the Americas Tournament. A few highlights for you...

- We made it to the semi finals, which was also our first trophy for the NT since Season 5.
- The Mighty USA was so afraid of us that they played normal when we played TIE
- We gave Chile quite a run twice, even though they are one of the best teams in the world.

Behind the scenes, I feel like my number one strength has been how open I have been with Canada, especially on the offsite forums that I encourage everyone to join. If you have a question, I will give you an honest answer, even if it's not what you want to hear. I also am open to suggestions and definitely take what everyone has to say before each game and have even posted on the offsite forum asking managers to help decide call ups.

I know our strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else who will run because I only know of a handful of people who actually follow the NT thoroughly. If you re elect me again, you will start to see the new blood start to creep on to the team, which has been the same core of players for about 4 or 5 seasons. And in the Americas, we have a good shot at making a deep run again.

The last thing I want to bring up is the amount of Canadians on my roster. I have spent nearly $10 million the last few seasons on buying NT players/prospects. I have 2 players that should be on the NT this season and have another player who should make it next season. I am even in the process of buying an 18 year old Canadian and am in the process of doing this whole train a player all the way up from the age of 18. I also think on my team, I have around 500k in salary in just Canadians and actually have 3 of my original team in season 6. I think that should be your tie breaker if you can't decide. Just saying.

Thanks,

greerzilla

Canada NT Manager
This Post:
208829.3 in reply to 208829.2
Date: 02/08/2012 22:55:40
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm going to put my name out there so Greenzilla will have competition and he'll feel better if he wins

I'm not a great manager
I'm not a great coach

I plan on putting up players on my team into the NT and abusing all powers so I have advance scouting information on the rest of the Naismith teams with Canadian players

I should have more time heading into this season, so either way I'm going to help the NT do more scouting and see if Bballin and if the eventual NT Manager (me?) needs help with write ups and community involvement.

We need a more robust training regime and re-vamp of the NT forums/site so we can attract more regular activity
Seeing the activity in the Season 18 Div III thread, the activity and discussions are there, why hasn't this translated at the NT level?

I don't want to manage the NT games per se, but I'm in it to help manage the team

If I don't win, can the "PR" side of NT discuss with me how we can do what I've stated above?

Cheers,
ZM

This Post:
208829.5 in reply to 208829.4
Date: 02/09/2012 20:18:41
Pszczyna Team
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course we want All- Time Great potential for Canada NT, but a rookie needs at least 6-7 seasons of training before getting to a team so come back in couple of seasons.

Sorry for that remark, but i believe NT is just too big of a responsibility and first a manager should prove himself when leading his own team

This Post:
208829.8 in reply to 208829.7
Date: 02/10/2012 16:22:45
Overall Posts Rated:
It does not have much to do about 'paying your dues'. Why should Canadians want to vote you in? How much success have you had in BB? Have you trained players to make any NT? Are you active in the community? Are you signed up on the offsite and regularily making comments or suggestions about the NT? I do not mean for any of this to be offensive, but I am just showing you that you are not ready. I Love the entbusiasm though and a few seasons time when you have established yourself more, I would advise you give ot another shot or if you really want a NT job I advise you try a smaller country to start with.

This Post:
208829.9 in reply to 208829.8
Date: 02/12/2012 04:27:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Vote Ocho 2012