BB Global (English) > Player development at an all time high..users at a low

Player development at an all time high..users at a low

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
210565.2 in reply to 210565.1
Date: 02/15/2012 20:49:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Is this just a big rant? A diary entry of sorts?

This Post:
210565.3 in reply to 210565.1
Date: 02/16/2012 02:23:07
Overall Posts Rated:
great post.

I know I am dating myself here, but every time you write something I think about the old Gulliver's Travels cartoon and the guy who always said, "We'll never make it." For that, I thank you.

I also thank you for so many speculative "facts." You are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
210565.5 in reply to 210565.4
Date: 02/16/2012 13:00:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't care. I mean, as a player of the game, as a manager, as a B3 competitor, I don't care about NT players or how they are made or how they are warping competition or deflating the market or whatever it is they are doing. I really honestly truly don't care. In fact, I am happy that the market has become more affordable because now there are many more competitive teams in my small county, which makes the league more fun. In Thailand we have more quality teams than ever before which I attribute to the balancing of the economy- and yes I believe the effort of the BBs to balance the economy is working. Just because people used to be able to train and sell guys for millions doesn't mean that experience is the correct experience. The first days of the gold rush were the best, but they were markedly different from the majority of the time of the gold mining era.

Because people don't feel the need or desire to use the forums or social parts of this site means nothing. Nothing. You can theorize all you want, but in the end all you have is conspiracy theory.

And as a U21 coach, if you are not using any means available, you are probably selling out your NT. If your high ethical standards prevent you from accepting help from farmers or dedicated NT trainers, you might want to think about getting out of the NT game, and passing the stewardship on to someone more willing to play by the rules that exist and not the ones which you perceive to be fair and just. Because, as much as you might not like it, the rules out there are the rules out there.

I was Thailand NT coach forever so I understand. I chose not to worry about any of that and just do my best with what I had. I didn't demand things from coaches, I didn't try to set up any special things to get the team an edge. I just accepted what was happening and worked within those parameters. Then again, I have it clearly defined in my mind that BB is nothing more than a more interactive way of reading the comics section of the newspaper.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 02/16/2012 13:01:38

This Post:
210565.6 in reply to 210565.5
Date: 02/16/2012 14:53:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Reading that last sentence, I can't help be reminded of Charlie Brown's Softball team.

This Post:
210565.7 in reply to 210565.5
Date: 02/16/2012 15:33:21
Overall Posts Rated:
If your high ethical standards prevent you from accepting help from farmers or dedicated NT trainers, you might want to think about getting out of the NT game, and passing the stewardship on to someone more willing to play by the rules that exist and not the ones which you perceive to be fair and just. Because, as much as you might not like it, the rules out there are the rules out there.

As a GM you should know that NTs and U21s attract crooks and cheaters like a magnet, I dont know if advertising farm teams and other stupid things necessary in this system is a good idea...

This Post:
210565.8 in reply to 210565.1
Date: 02/16/2012 15:50:45
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a lot of unproven speculation in your monthly rant.

Just to pick out one part of your rant, if you're so worried about the user numbers going down and people leaving the game after short periods of time, what exactly are you doing to help prevent that from happening?

All you seem to do is bitch about anything and everything and that type of negativity certainly doesn't help promote the site/game or keep new users onboard. If I was a new user and started reading all of your posts, I'd decide that everything about this game is either broken or crooked and I wouldn't come back. (And your posts just draw more negative replies such as this one so I do understand that I'm not helping right now either).

So maybe it's you that's the actual problem here? I still can't understand with all the time you spend here and all the bitching you do why you continue playing this game? Last year you blamed the game engine for being specifically crooked towards your team as if it was done on purpose. I'm sure that you still believe that to be true yet you're still here.

This Post:
210565.9 in reply to 210565.7
Date: 02/16/2012 16:13:50
Overall Posts Rated:
My experience with the NT was that almost all of the people with whom I had any contact were pretty cool. I'm not advertizing farm teams, just acknowledging their existence and the fact that they are as yet not illegal.

This Post:
210565.10 in reply to 210565.8
Date: 02/16/2012 17:54:28
Phoenix_Suns
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's not the worst to have people thinking about negative things going on in this game. Although it might not be proven, but you can estimate that there might be some cheating around. Just because it's so easy to do so.

Maybe the BBs look into this one day. Wouldn't it be nice to have this game running without any cheaters or farm teams and all this shitty things.
Shout loud and you'll get something at least. Maybe that's what our Japanese colleague is trying to do. Don't blame him for that. There certainly IS some general problem around this matter.

This Post:
210565.11 in reply to 210565.10
Date: 02/16/2012 18:06:45
Overall Posts Rated:
As long as there are on-line games, there will be users looking to cheat or take short cuts. It's like saying wouldn't it be nice if society was completely free of crime? It's never going to happen, it's just human nature. But I think they have set up a good system to report and ban obvious cheaters and that's as much as I can ask for.

But this isn't what I was commenting on, I was commenting that Wolph was accusing the game engine of singling out his team specificially, I think it was his attendence he was complaining about but I could be wrong. If I thought that the game engine/mods was specifically singling out me and my team to put me at a disadvantage , I'd quit tomorrow as I'm sure most people would. But he remains here which only makes me think that he was simply looking to bitch and gain attention.

Either way, if you read any Wolph posts it's almost certainly a complaint. I don't ever remember him giving praise to a game that he visits every single day. I just hope he's not this negative/distrusting in real life or he would be one depressing dude to be be around.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 02/16/2012 18:14:47