To: Veoz
This Post:
306447.11 in reply to 306447.10
Date: 09/18/2020 05:57:14
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
It is in the news from the season announcement:

"The new game engine upgrade was not tested last season like it was announced, but that will be done this season, starting this Thursday. Note that the new engine might be tuned during the season and the effects might vary."

There is not really a forum because no one tested it or no one knows what it will look like. They will test in PL games normally.

The beauty of Buzzerbeater is that a well built player is always stronger than someone like that guard, his IS (9) is just too weak, his PA even if it is 13 might also be too weak (If i remember correctly Joe gives his go to players +16 in PA!!!). Because he has high JR he will jack up 3's like crazy even if it is a bad shot, he shot 77 shots from 3 last season no one of my players shot +70 shots from 3.
The other thing is OD is a bit overpowered you just put a Guard with OD 18 on him and he will struggle, he may drive to basket but cant make the shot because of his weak IS,

I just saw the whole team is up for sale and have a look at his french player, he has JS 19 and JR 18, that guy shot 54,8% from the field and 45,6% from 3. There you have your build :P. Meanwhile he has lower PA 11 than the swiss guy but higher IS 13, this kind of contradicts what I said about PA but reinforces what I said about the IS, you need IS if he drives.

I dont't know if you know Nachtmahr, but he did a lot of test, I promised to translate all his tests but didnt go through with it (sorry Angie :P). But what he found out f.ex. is that a good shot depends on 2 skills and not just one. He said f.ex. that a guy with JS10 and JR15 shoots worse from 3 than a guy that has JS/JR 13/12, the closer both skills are the better they shoot.

The post about Nachtmahr is somehwere on the belgium NT forum.

To: BigT
This Post:
306447.12 in reply to 306447.11
Date: 09/19/2020 03:09:53
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
last year, my PG and SG had better performance in PL then II.1 but PL was not really strong. This year it starts the same way but with stronger opposant...i am going to follow-up

This Post:
306447.13 in reply to 306447.12
Date: 09/19/2020 03:10:22
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Day 1 (Saturday 12 September 2020) : Performances by https://www.buzzer-manager.com

Night results
LV Clips 102 - Aubel Nation 87
De Scheetebeezekes 98 - BC Benfica 78
The Golden Era 119 - THOMAS COOK 101
Estrellas Absurdas 94 - Beerschot AC 69
TheAmbassadors 118 - ccf packers 111
rode duivels 92 - BouffAssist 111
armstrongs 91 - Collège Saint-Louis Basket 112
TheRainmakers 111 - Kriflonius 120

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 55 : BouffAssist
Assists : 35 : Collège Saint-Louis Basket
Steals : 14 : THOMAS COOK
Block Shots : 6 : BouffAssist, Estrellas Absurdas

Personal best performances of the evening
Points : 43 : K. O'Kelly (BC Benfica), A. Flores (Kriflonius)
Rebounds : 24 : J. Siepert (TheAmbassadors)
Assists : 10 : E. Arhan (TheAmbassadors), S. Temmerman (The Golden Era)
Steals : 4 : I. Shareef (THOMAS COOK)
Block Shots : 3 : O. Goncharuk (TheAmbassadors), S. Maye (The Golden Era)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : M. Seminck (Kriflonius) (17 Points, 9 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 27
Shooting Guard : P. Pries (Collège Saint-Louis Basket) (29 Points, 8 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 32
Small Forward : A. Flores (Kriflonius) (43 Points, 3 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 3 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 37
Power Forward : J. Siepert (TheAmbassadors) (34 Points, 24 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 49
Center : R. Roos (TheRainmakers) (25 Points, 11 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 0 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 33

MVP of the evening
J. Siepert (TheAmbassadors) (34 Points, 24 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 49

The bad performance of the evening
G. Schuil (armstrongs) (0 Points, 0 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots)R. Carnoy (rode duivels) (2 Points, 3 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -4

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : I. Shareef (THOMAS COOK) : 8 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : V. Meerschaert (rode duivels), M. Rizo (ccf packers), J. Dejonghe (TheRainmakers), K. Van der Aerschot (LV Clips), M. Bulteel (Aubel Nation), D. Vanbrusselen (The Golden Era) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : M. Seminck (Kriflonius), R. Roos (TheRainmakers) : 53 Minutes

The shooter : E. Misiunas (ccf packers), L. Dzhulai (De Scheetebeezekes) : 4 Three points

The best performer : K. Otçu (TheRainmakers) : Rating : 15.5

The worst performer : R. Schreiner (Estrellas Absurdas) : Rating : 4.5

This Post:
306447.14 in reply to 306447.13
Date: 09/19/2020 03:12:06
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Day 2 (Tuesday 15 September 2020) : Performances by https://www.buzzer-manager.com

Night results
Aubel Nation 126 - De Scheetebeezekes 113
BC Benfica 112 - The Golden Era 106
THOMAS COOK 77 - Estrellas Absurdas 100
Beerschot AC 74 - LV Clips 124
ccf packers 85 - rode duivels 70
BouffAssist 110 - armstrongs 94
Collège Saint-Louis Basket 78 - TheRainmakers 90
Kriflonius 92 - TheAmbassadors 113

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 59 : Estrellas Absurdas
Assists : 33 : The Golden Era
Steals : 12 : THOMAS COOK, LV Clips
Block Shots : 9 : De Scheetebeezekes

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 22 : T. Nasir (TheAmbassadors)
Assists : 13 : K. Lambinet (LV Clips)
Steals : 5 : N. Daerden (The Golden Era)
Block Shots : 5 : V. Zdanaitis (BC Benfica), T. Mpakoyiannopoulos (THOMAS COOK)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : P. Cerato (De Scheetebeezekes) (25 Points, 11 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 0 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 25
Shooting Guard : K. Lambinet (LV Clips) (29 Points, 6 Rebounds, 13 Assists, 2 Steals, 3 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 47
Small Forward : K. O'Kelly (BC Benfica) (51 Points, 9 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 43
Power Forward : J. Siepert (TheAmbassadors) (26 Points, 21 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 45
Center : J. Hoornik (The Golden Era) (28 Points, 14 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 1 Steals, 4 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 49

MVP of the evening
J. Hoornik (The Golden Era) (28 Points, 14 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 1 Steals, 4 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 49

The bad performance of the evening
T. Hofman (TheAmbassadors) (0 Points, 3 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots)S. Tumadiang (THOMAS COOK) (0 Points, 0 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -2

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : B. Buck (De Scheetebeezekes) : 6 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : R. Roos (TheRainmakers), S. Laffineur (LV Clips), K. Aalten (De Scheetebeezekes), A. Gaudin (Aubel Nation) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : L. Dzhulai (De Scheetebeezekes), P. Cerato (De Scheetebeezekes), L. Masoliver (De Scheetebeezekes), B. Buck (De Scheetebeezekes) : 53 Minutes

The shooter : L. Dzhulai (De Scheetebeezekes) : 5 Three points

The best performer : K. Wouters (Estrellas Absurdas) : Rating : 16.5

The worst performer : T. Hofman (TheAmbassadors) : Rating : 4.0

This Post:
306447.15 in reply to 306447.14
Date: 09/21/2020 04:30:20
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
As promised here comes the economic breakdown :)

Variation of the TV contract:
Season 49: 123,000 / Season 50: 132,666 (+7,8%) / Season 134,377 (+1,29%)

This is the first hint that the league is still strong meanwhile we don't have such a big jump as from Season 49 to Season 50, the TV contract augmented.

The average salary at the start of the season is 351 556 (according to BB) (Δ +8,05%) / 335,299$ according to a calculator (Δ +7,14%). The median salary is 357,838$. The players salary floor is 251 284$ (Δ +1,29%). I guess the difference between BB and the calculator is because BB applies the salary floor while calculating the average salary while I took the true salary.

The highest salary comes from Collège Saint-Louis Basket (484,346$) (Δ -6,31% compared to shoes last season), followed by TheRainmakers (455,974$) and LV Clips finishes the podium with 446,970$.

The 3 bottom salaries come from promoted teams, their salaries are way below the salary floor so I guess we will see change there in the future. BC Benfica (169,338$) / rode duivels (148,679$) / Beerschot AC (126,679$) are our 3 bottom salary teams.

I would like to add that last season i did the post after the 1st economy update and some managers decided to change their roster after it so I did it this time for the 2nd economy update.

Last edited by BigT at 09/21/2020 04:33:25

This Post:
306447.16 in reply to 306447.6
Date: 09/26/2020 20:00:25
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
The preview will be a little different this season. In order to avoid jinxing teams, I will just rank them by salary. I know it’s less interesting, but this preview has an effect on some teams (:
There seems to have been less ‘late’ transfers than last season, so waiting for the preview wasn’t really necessary.
Also, this preview will span over three posts, since I wrote too much ...

Blue Side
IN: Estrellas Absurdas (BBBL), THOMAS COOK (III.1), BC Benfica (III.4), Beerschot AC (III.11), De Scheetebeezekes (III.16)
OUT: Shoes (BBBL), Omaha BC (III.1), Knokido (III.4), LOST4 (III.7), Houdeng Donkeys (III.15)

1. LV Clips: 447k [+31k]
You know it’s serious when Bull2213 buys a player. León Echacán is the first non-drafted player in LV Clips that has been on the court. With his older generation player reaching retirement, I assume this is the last real chance at a championship without extra transfers, so it makes sense to create to best opportunities to succeed.
With Lambinet and Landsbergen reaching their final forms, a more than decent schedule vs red side and a salary difference of 70k with the next team on the blue side, not reaching the division final would be a disappointment.

2. Estrellas Absurdas: 378k [NEW]
Having AnGi77 in the division pleases me for 2 reasons: 1) an OG BuzzerBeater user joins our ranks and 2) she has given R. Malou a home for the past seasons. The aim now seems to be training youngsters for the GGP, something she was already doing in his Utopian team (and previously Gulpen for the NT).
For this reason, it appears the aim is to avoid relegation as well as promotion. Will the BBBL rubber band snap after 3 short stints? If I was a betting man, I’d bet on Estrellas Absurdas trying to go for a run in the cup.

3. The Golden Era: 355k [+69k]
The biggest salary increase on the blue side is laid away for Warriorground. A big part of it comes from a transfer after the preview of the last season, but the rest is due to training of, again, a GGP player. Leigh will be a beast of a player in ANY league.
With the average age of the starters, all the building blocks are there for multiple opportunities to get a first taste of BBBL in one of the coming seasons, and with a schedule similar to that of LV Clips, The Golden Era is a great dark horse pick. However, starting 2-3 doesn't help and wasn’t expected.

4. Aubel Nation: 320k [+42k]
Veoz has already made the intentions for the team clear in this forum. Top 4 to avoid relegation games. While it definitely is possible, some new teams are happy to take that spot away. But winning against the two strongest competitors for POs, the tone has already been set. And with a win over TGE, who started the season poorly, a third place is not out of the woods just yet.

Last edited by Krifl at 09/29/2020 10:10:11

This Post:
306447.17 in reply to 306447.16
Date: 09/26/2020 20:00:49
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:

5. De Scheetebeezekes: 319k [NEW]
Last season I was complaining about 8 being too few players on the roster. Teetje takes it one step further … 5? Really, FIVE! One injury, fouling out or whatever else can happen, is an uppercut to any game. Aalten already fouled out in 3 out of 5 league game and all GSs are ‘mediocre’. A quick elimination out of the cup would be the best option to increase GS and avoid relegation.
Despite having the highest average salary by a mile, it will be a difficult season for De Scheetebeezekes.

6. THOMAS COOK: 313k [NEW]

If anyone had me pick a team to start 0-5, it wouldn’t be THOMAS COOK. However, looking at the schedule, it should be an easy two wins before the road games.
While TCA hasn’t done any incoming transfers in a while, the players look like a good mix for division II. But there are too many teams like that in our league to satisfy everyone, and a bad start combined with a disadvantageous road schedule never helps.

7. BC Benfica: 169k [NEW]
I hereby welcome Pflies to BuzzerBeater, since the adventure of BC Benfica started less then 6 months ago. Unfortunately, our third division is filled with bots, too easy to promote from. And then we get situations like this: a new trainer with a team that isn’t ready for the competition it’s facing. That and inflated prices for intermediate level players can ruin the influx of new users.
The win away against TGE came as a surprise, and I’m hoping it isn’t the last one.

8. Beerschot AC: 127k [NEW]
Despite only having started 5 seasons ago, it is already the second stint of Freaky659 in II.1. Having two wins with this set of players is an amazing feat in itself, but not sustainable. Beerschot AC is in the situation I described for BC Benfinca. Both teams’ salaries are well below the salary floor, so extra expenses without any benefit. But unfortunately, these teams often don’t have the money to spend.

This Post:
306447.18 in reply to 306447.17
Date: 09/26/2020 20:07:15
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Red Side
IN: rode duivels (III.9)
OUT: Laeken (III.4)

1. Collège Saint-Louis Basket: 479k [+56k]
Strong star player, great bench, experienced coach, a home game vs LV Clips. If there ever is a season to promote, it would be this one. But maybe the biggest competition for Tom10 comes from the teams listed below, as indicated by the loss at TheRainmakers.
I feel like there is not much too say about this team, as their achievements will speak for itself. Maybe for the first time since s43, there won’t be a CSLB in II.1?

2. TheRainmakers: 456k [+210k]
BigT made the intentions for this season clear in the intro post of this very forum. Winning!
This big statement is accompanied by a salary increase of … 210k? He just bought a new team for his team? While the new players are bench players, the GGP trainees are ready for a step up.
An early loss against Kriflonius was highly unexpected, But TheRainmakers is the reason CSLB and BouffAssist have the same record, with one loss for all three teams.
I am looking forward to seeing the competitiveness on the red side.

3. TheAmbassadors: 435k [-62k]
TheAmbassador hasn’t had the best of starts. With a 2-3 record and bad game shapes on his best players, it’s not looking good. With the players available, damage can certainly be done.
But with only 9 players in the ranks, these cup games are no presents. Also, the only team to have a decline in salary, and not a small one.
There is still enough time to bounce back. So no need to worry … yet

4. ccf packers: 391k [+25k]
Maybe a bit unexpected, but yes, dicus has the 5th best paid team in our league. And with Acquet slowly approaching it’s potential, ccf packers won’t lose games without a fight.
As seasons progress in our league, the ‘easy’ games seem to have gone extinct. The battle for a spot in POs will be brutal and dicus definitely has the tools to take it. The young players in the roster are eager to prove their worth.

5. BouffAssist: 360k [+28k]
One of the three teams on the red side to start 4-1. Not bad for someone who just wants to reach POs. marvinxl hasn’t changed much to the team, yet ‘Big E’ Teerlinck ain’t no BigT, so only a minimal salary increase compared to TheRainmakers.
I’m not expecting for BouffAssist to 3-peat reaching the conference finals, but I wouldn’t be surprised. The starters are strong enough to make every game at least competitive.

6. armstrongs: 360k [+37k]
For the blue side, this set of players would nearly be guaranteed a spot in POs. But this is the red side, and there are no gifts here. Just like the teams above and below, no women-* will have to fight to avoid relegation games. But even if this fails, something needs to go severely wrong to relegate at the end.
It is a solid div.II team with a strong enough bench to spread minutes and give fans worth for their money in every game armstrongs play.

7. Kriflonius: 300k [+45k]
The team closest to the salary floor, while still being nearly 50k off. A team which is, like some others in this league, focusing on GGP trainees and, like other others, hoping to reach POs or at least not relegate.
While Krifl could surprise TheRainmakers early in the season, it won’t be easy to go 15-7 for a third season in a row, as the strength of nearly all teams on the red side has gone up.

8. rode duivels: 149k [NEW]
Ever since BBC Rumst has rebranded to rode duivels, Bachi has gotten the team to div. II twice, this season being that second time. But with a salary less than half that of any other team on the red side, the results are as expected. It is never good to have the worst PD in the league, on top of that, only 1 game didn’t end up in garbage time.
Weekly, the BBs are cashing 120k to ensure no one is paying less than the salary floor, so transfers are recommended here.

This Post:
306447.19 in reply to 306447.18
Date: 09/27/2020 07:16:28
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you Krifl :)

I guess Houdeng is mad now :P

For me CSL is still the favorite for the red side, I will need to win against them on the road in order to clinch a possible HCA in the playoffs, this will be though.
In all I think the blue side are again favorites to win it all due the fact that they have easier opponents and can prepare ideally for the playoffs. I will face LV Clips on the road and Angie at home so it is an ok schedule.

And my increase in salary comes from my 3 trainees, Vesovold went from 50k to 88k salary and last season I bought a PG with a 70k salary ;)

This Post:
306447.20 in reply to 306447.19
Date: 09/27/2020 07:36:59
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with statements made by BigT : CSL is still the favourite on our side but again the blue side is going to win the division title : less adversity on the path to the finals.

This Post:
306447.21 in reply to 306447.19
Date: 09/27/2020 13:24:58
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Didn't really consider that, but yes, the best teams on the blue side have an advantage. Being able to save/build enthousiasm, combined with (likely) HCA in the league finals greatly increases their odds.

I have never had more fear for a season than this one. The red side has gotten too strong for my liking :)

Advertisement