BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Deutschland > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
303114.17 in reply to 303114.16
Date: 02/28/2020 03:46:49
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
… Even if Serbia and Germany weren't in the same group, no one could guarantee that the two nations wouldn't meet at a later stage. ...

But they are and that's why your candidature is ill-timed for me.

I'm not that much concerned about sharing skills since the players are on the market from time to time.

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
303114.18 in reply to 303114.17
Date: 02/28/2020 05:06:00
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
But not all players are on the TL. My SF and possible future NT trainee won’t be on the list. There has been a website that collected all skillsets from the TL in the past and people were able to subscribe, pay some money and see those skills. And there BB intervened. This is strictly forbidden.

I have issues with sharing our skills with other nations. If you get elected, you’re welcome of course to use your knowledge of the serbian NT players. Because you have it and you decided yourself to run in this election. But why should we agree with sharing our database with another country? What would be our gain? Nothing! Maybe for you because they would still like you over there since you gave them some information.

Thank you for running again. And also thank you for being honest about your intentions. It was really hard for me to decide between you and Falke because I think you‘re both good managers and it‘s always good to have new ideas and some fresh energy on the team. But this point definitely decided the election (for me). So thanks again, but like this it‘s not going to work - and I‘m pretty sure I‘m not the only one thinking like this...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
303114.19 in reply to 303114.14
Date: 02/28/2020 14:06:58
Essen Eagles
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Huttrop Hornets
I would understand a rule if a NT manager isn't allowed to share player skills with NT managers from other countries even if both parties agree, but if so, it should be written in the game manual. I've read the game manual for the National Teams before making such a suggestion, but it wasn't there.

It's not written like many other things like e.g. sabotage of a player of other countries (a team of another country buys a NT player and then doesn't train him and gives him no minutes in the game to weaking the other NT).

When I would train a player and invest money and time to get him in the National team and to have a very strong top player in my league and then the NT manager would share his skills with other players outside his own staff then I would be realy pissed off !

The most important thing in my eyes is the trust of the community in the NT manager and his staff, because both share the skills of cause but the managers of the players rely on the safty of that data.

This Post:
303114.20 in reply to 303114.18
Date: 02/28/2020 18:55:58
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
All I offered was a suggestion, since people brought up the trust issue, which is understandable. There is no need for people to get so defensive about it.
It was my intention to build trust by giving you an alternative, nothing more, and it backfired on me.

I wouldn't do anything that wasn't mutually agreed on. Hope you understand that.

This Post:
303114.21 in reply to 303114.19
Date: 02/28/2020 19:31:18
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
When I would train a player and invest money and time to get him in the National team and to have a very strong top player in my league and then the NT manager would share his skills with other players outside his own staff then I would be realy pissed off !

It used to be like that in Serbia too. Only few staff members knew NT player skills. We won 1 medal in more than 20 seasons, and it was Bronze.

Then we decided to make a change, and access to our database was given to anyone who wants to see it and is training potential NT players. In the next 20 seasons, we won 10 medals, 4 of which were Gold.
The interest in training NT players increased exponentially, and managers were able to understand much better how to train their players.
The overall quality of managers improved, which showed in club competitions as well.

It seems our communities think differently. No one in Serbia ever complained that the skills of their NT player can be viewed by other managers. It's quite the opposite. We managed to build a sense of belonging and trust among us. Even managers who never trained NT players, started training them. We worked towards the same goal, and everyone felt that they're part of the staff, and in a sense they were.

It also solved one other issue that we used to have. NT managers would often defend their poor results by simply saying that the team wasn't good enough. Since people didn't knew player skills, they couldn't judge for themselves if that is true, or if the results are underachieving.

Probably all other Div I managers know the skills of my Elakovic, even though I drafted him and he was never on a TL. Am I pissed off about it? Of course not. I'm proud of training such a beast, and I'm happy to get emails from managers asking me about his training.
Knowing an opponent player's skills can be helpful, but is in no way crucial, and much less important then what you're implying it to be.

This Post:
303114.22 in reply to 303114.21
Date: 02/29/2020 07:43:31
Hammond Hammers
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I think your last posting said it all. There is next to zero disadvantage in sharing top players skills. But anyhow, hope you were not too surprised about this introduction to the german perspective on data and privacy. We are a very secretive kind when it comes to online data, regardless if we talk bank account info or meaningless datasets of players in an online game. I'm sure most people don't mean anything bad by rejecting you, it's just part of their habits.
I for one have voted for you. I think you are by far the best coach we can get atm and our own definitely did not cover themselves in glory over the past few seasons. Eventhough our team and community has made great strives towards a better national team and community feeling.

This Post:
303114.24 in reply to 303114.21
Date: 02/29/2020 08:57:23
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for explaining your point of view, it definitely makes more sense looking at it from this perspective! Would you set up a new database? Because our database (being a forum) isn‘t the best for giving everyone access...

Just trying to look at it from your point of view and pointing out possible difficulties. And Kwatsch might have nailed it with his comment. He might be right, but I guess for building trust it takes some time...but you‘re definitely being honest about what you‘re planning to do. So I guess that‘s a good start, regardless if you win the election or not...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!

This Post:
303114.25 in reply to 303114.23
Date: 02/29/2020 09:38:13
Hammond Hammers
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Mimimimi. Junge ich troll dich nie an und halte mich auch meistens komplett aus dem NT Geschehen raus. Ich gehöre nicht zum NT Club, will ich nicht, hab ich auch nie behauptet. Trotzdem respektiere ich alle, die dran arbeiten. Charles, besonders auch Timo der die U21 vorangebracht hat wie kein zweiter usw. Meinen letzten und einzigen NT Spieler Artelenburg habe ich übrigens nach deinen Vorstellungen und für deine erfolglose Außentatktik gebaut, just sayin.

Du hattest mehrere Chancen als NT und hast nie was gerissen, ob Pech oder Unvermögen oder warum auch immer. Von mir hat aber noch kein NT hate bekommen. Du bist sicher ein besserer Manger als ich, aber Tunjevina hat mit seinem Team und auf NT Ebene mehr Erfolge als du, aus meiner Sicht sind das die besseren Argumente. Und er hat trotz des Gegenwindes auch nicht sofort rumgememmt.

P.S. ich bin dir durchaus dankbar für deinen langen Einsatz für die NT. Ich will dich auch nicht angreifen, aber deine Reaktion war da schon was drüber.

Last edited by Kwatsch at 02/29/2020 09:47:52

This Post:
303114.27 in reply to 303114.26
Date: 02/29/2020 13:48:05
Carlaxity
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CM Basket Academy
Vielleicht von mir noch ein paar Zeilen zu den Themen "bisheriger Mißerfolg" und "ihr habt doch super Spieler, habt die 3-2 erfunden, aber warum gewinnt ihr nichts"?

Ich bin ja nun seit vielen RL-Jahren im Scoutbereich aktiv und habe auch die 3-2 Zeit aktiv miterlebt. Da haben wir Spieler genau dafür ausgebildet, sowohl im NT Bereich als auch in der U21. Ja, es war innovativ. Aber was genau haben wir damit gewonnen? Genau, nichts! Wir waren viel zu leicht auszurechnen, da man mit den passenden Spielern (hohe IV, SB und RB) keine Innentaktik mehr spielen konnte, da ZW fehlte. Die Top-Gegner haben ne 3-2 und AV 20 dagegengestellt und da war Schluß mit Lustig.

Seit rund 10 Saisons hat sich die Erkenntnis durchgesetzt, dass man damit intenational keinen Erfolg haben kann und wir haben einen neuen Ansatz gesucht und komnsequent umgesetzt. Die 3-2 ist bei uns Geschichte. In der U21 ist das relativ schnell möglich, in 4 Saisons haben wir den Sprung an die Weltspitze geschafft. Die letztjährigen Erfolge dort sind kein Zufall, das ist knallharte Planung und konsequentes Umsetzen. Das wird nun nachlassen, weil dort in den letzten Saisons diese Arbeit nicht mehr geleistet wurde.Warum?

Weil wir nur sehr wenige sind. Wir können nicht alles machen. Wir gehen jetzt alle Richtung NT. Was glaubt ihr, wo die Jungs aus der jetzigen NT so herkommen? Schaut sie euch an. Die sind fast alle durch die U21 gegangen oder wurden/werden bei Managern gebaut, die unseren Plänen folgen. Geht einfach mal die Historie der NTler durch. Jeder von uns arbeitet daran, auch ich hab mit meinem Neuaufbau-Team nen zukünftigen Big aufgenommen,der sicher in der nächsten oder übernächsten Saison im NT Kader stehen wird. Der war ja schon bei allen scouts im Kader, jeder hat sein Stückchen eingebracht. Das gleiche mit Wunderkind Scherlowski, den Falke jetzt in seinem Team hat. Den hab ich von Geburt an betreut und hochgezogen, einer der besten Bigs, den wir je hatten. Der ist aber erst 29, gerade an der Tür zur Weltspitze. Ich könnte euch noch viele Namen nennen. Dies sind alle geplant, haben eine gemeinsame Philosophie und da steckt ein Plan dahinter. Falke ist dort seit dem ersten Tag involviert. Er hat vielleicht nicht viele Titel eingefahren, aber leistet enorme Arbeit im Spielerbau. Das gleiche gilt auch für Timo, der ja auch nur noch für NT aktiv ist. Und ab der nächsten Saison wird das auch für mich gelten, die aktuelle U21 Saison wird meine letzte sein. Ab dann werde ich nur noch für die NT tätig sein und Manager betreuen, die NTler bauen wollen. Meine Kandidatur wird bis dahin auf jeden Fall noch warten müssen.

Und klar, ein gutes Team haben und zur Weltspitze aufzuschließen, das sind 2 Paar Schuhe. Neben den ganzen Skills (viele von denen haben über 140 TSP, das braucht viele Jahre Training) brauchen sie auch alle noch Kondition. Das kommt aber erst dran, wenn sie 30+ sind. Bis dahin werden Skills gepumpt. Und wenn ihr euch den Kader anschaut, seht ihr, dass die Spieler noch relativ jung sind. Denen fehlt Kondi und auch Erfahrung, das kommt erst jetzt dran.

Klar könnt ihr das von aussen nicht wissen, deshalb auch die oftmals kritischen Kommentare. Aber glaubt mir, das kommt alles nicht von ungefähr. Ich hab jetzt auch wieder einen 19j Rekordler Big im Kader, der sicher in 10 Saisons im NT Kader stehen wird. Aber auch hier: IN 10 SAISONS! Die Vorlaufzeit ist enorm. Ich habe damals mit der U21 in Saison 38 angefangen, den Umbruch einzuleiten. Das war vor 11 Saisons. Die ersten Spieler kommen gerade mal hoch, und das sind gerade mal die aus der ersten Generation, da kommen noch enige gute nach. Die Pipeline ist da gut gefüllt.

Advertisement