Well, it's been fun.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/14/2009 00:43:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck next year everyone!

Here's some advice for all you new people out there:

Go out and buy a level 4 trainer. Get one with a cheap weekly salary, since he'll be around for awhile. At most, get a level 2 doctor and PR guy. Make sure you get ones with specialties, since they will be cheap anyway.

Take a look at your team and see who is young, good, and has decent potential (at least starter). After seeing who you have, choose to train either inside players or outside players, and sell the young high potential players who you won't train. I would recommend either having 5 players (if you want to train 2 position training i.e. PG/SG or C/PF) or 3 players (if you want to train 1 position i.e. PG or C) who you can train.

Go and buy some older, good players to play at the positions you aren't training. Since they won't be training at all, their age doesn't matter very much (though if they're older than 33 their stats will start to go down).

You can probably use an effort level of "take it easy" against most of the bot or inactive teams. How do you know if they are inactive? http://www.buzzerbeater.com/league/341/leagueinfo.aspx?co... That page will tell you when the last time a manager logged in was. You may lose one or two at the beginning of the season, but by the end you will have no problems, and you will have a significant advantage over the more active players (or less of a disadvantage if they are reading this too...)