BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Outside attack too strong ?

Outside attack too strong ?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
125704.23 in reply to 125704.2
Date: 12/30/2009 16:15:31
Overall Posts Rated:
If had the players i would play look inside like this: 2 point guards as PG and SG AND their passing/handling skills higher than jump shoot. At least this makes all the sense. In real basket, a player which better skill is jump shot will try to hit the basket more often than to find a team mate for a clear shoot. And the inverse also applies. I think this is the reason why you see your guards shooting more than your inside men in as inside tactic.

Perguntar
This Post:
125704.25 in reply to 125704.22
Date: 12/30/2009 17:06:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets talk about real game then. Whats the last great PG that has won a ring? Magic. B4 him? i wasnt born to remember. Whats the last great guard in general that has won rings being the MAN? Jordan. In the history of the game with some exception of course big men where essential if not the most important piece for any ring. Even Kobe needed Gasol to win the ring who has great passing skills, just like Odom. Who is there PG? Fisher. What about Bulls? Kerr? Huston? Cassel? What about Suns? great PG 2 times MVP but on the play offs Suns chocked big time. Lost from who? big time big man or deep team. Is Parker great passing G? NO. Is Billubs great passing G? again no. Better than Parker on passing but not Nash or Kidd. Also great C's around the history had the ability to pass, something that we dont have as an option to train.Shaq was great passing big man. Actually i have hard time to find a great big man without strong passing skills. Instead we have the relative useless SB. You are talking about OD for big men but u r not giving us the chance to train OD. Also OD for big men is important when then ID for guards is not? Does that sounds fair to u? Have u watch recent NBA games? have u seen how many guards are posting? Billubs? Lebron? Kobe? i can give you so many names. Dunkan on the modern era is considered as a PF. Do u have any doubt that if he was playing on Akeem era would be considered as a C? Magic have a great low post player surrounded with great shooters to open space for him. My SG for u r opinion is so bad to go 0-10?

Find me then an excuse why my SG who is not better than Atmatzidis, but not very far from him couldnt get a basket? Offensive flow was about the same.

We need more than this man. Maybe i am dumb but i follow basketball for 20 years. I just cant bite from u r ''real life'' game explanation. It doesnt make sense actually considering the facts of NBA.

If we talk about Euro ball is an other story. The game is based on shooting passing team work hustling something that is not case on NBA, but again this game is based on NBA. 48min any1?

Last edited by JohnnyB at 12/30/2009 17:09:52

This Post:
125704.26 in reply to 125704.23
Date: 12/30/2009 17:16:38
Overall Posts Rated:
If had the players i would play look inside like this: 2 point guards as PG and SG AND their passing/handling skills higher than jump shoot. At least this makes all the sense. In real basket, a player which better skill is jump shot will try to hit the basket more often than to find a team mate for a clear shoot. And the inverse also applies. I think this is the reason why you see your guards shooting more than your inside men in as inside tactic.

Ding Ding Ding we've got a winner.

This Post:
125704.27 in reply to 125704.22
Date: 12/30/2009 17:41:05
Overall Posts Rated:
teams have chosen to create players who can defend the paint but who are hopeless outside of it (i.e., a typical top division center might be around tremendous ID but pitiful PD). If the other team insists upon playing two such players defensively, then a team with 5 jump shooters will have a major advantage, because the defense can't cover them all

I understand what you are saying but this is not simply the "choice" of bb managers to create monolithic players as I think current training choices as well as how player abilities are originally created by the game per position preclude to a large extent the training of outside skills for big men or inside skills for guards.

This Post:
125704.29 in reply to 125704.5
Date: 12/30/2009 17:55:49
Overall Posts Rated:
I like this example... I found it in the help forum discussion: (17853603).

Flow about the same, strength of the inside attack is better than the strength of the outside attack, yet the inside offense gets shut down.

don't forget that the winning team have home court, better enthusiam(ok thats in the rating), and on PF/C two starters with 350k salary against 210 of the loosing team.

And the outside attack for the loosing team works weaker, with better match ups. And i know the teams better then the one who try to use it as an example for their theorys.

This Post:
125704.30 in reply to 125704.28
Date: 12/30/2009 18:04:26
Overall Posts Rated:
I so agree with u man. When i play run and gun my C is getting 4-6 shots. When i play LI u can see the results...

Nash is arguably the best shooter in NBA and somebody can make a case that he is the best ever. (tell me how many players do u know who shoots 50-40-90)? Still he avs 9+ assists for so many years. What about AI? big time chucker who at his 34 couldnt accept lesser role than being a real PG or 6nth man? Again the real game logic has so many holes. They have to review that again.

Edit:I am not asking a pure simulation. Just equal chances for every 1 of us, training big or small. Real life argument has failed for sure.

Edit 2: Real game he said. Why then the biggest busts on draft history where the big men? Darko? Kwame? Olowokandi? Sam Bowie? On the real game the NBA scout/coaches etc saying that u cant teach the height. How many trades on the NBA have been with big man/guard with the C being the better player? Again BB-Charles u r argument is so weak.

Last edited by JohnnyB at 12/30/2009 19:05:55

To: PIm
This Post:
125704.31 in reply to 125704.1
Date: 12/30/2009 18:40:43
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Hi everyone!

Just a little réflexion about the different attack's tactics!
At the begining of season11, we look in french ( also in the world), that the run&gun or motion are favour!

Just a example ( same enthousiasm for the 2 team).. but there are a lot of example in your league

(17982923)
(17600270) in a PL

Maybe the "Offensive Flow" is a possibility so...

What is your position? Thanks

I didn't read everything anyway after the changes in the GE for sure outside attack is the best tactic (as inside attack was much better before the changes in the GE); offensive flow high could be a solution to increase the power of inside attack but in this case you need a wonderful starting five in all 5 positions

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
125704.32 in reply to 125704.30
Date: 12/30/2009 20:22:37
Overall Posts Rated:

Nash is arguably the best shooter in NBA and somebody can make a case that he is the best ever. (tell me how many players do u know who shoots 50-40-90)? Still he avs 9+ assists for so many years.

Show me one single player in BB that is trained in a Nash-like skillset and then we'll discuss his numbers. I think the only one that might be close is the awesome trained guy from thenewchuckd, but still that one isn't Nash-like good.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 12/30/2009 20:25:14

Advertisement