BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Outside attack too strong ?

Outside attack too strong ?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
125704.288 in reply to 125704.287
Date: 01/21/2010 15:33:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand...So how exactly those so called balanced players gona help in inside game and basicly we should make a SF team.
What about mighty avengers two nt level centers and nt level pg still can't win a game...so what players you must have to win in inside game???Two Cardenas and a 200k salary pg??? The balanced players debate is crap imo,although i agree on balanced sf's,but other positions is a waste of time execpt passing on centers...Lets see on real life examples: Shaq is one of greatest centers of all time who still throws bricks outside of the painted area,same with Howard.But most of the centers were good passers,shaq avg.~3 assists,chamberlain even lead the league in assists.
Also pg is not most important man in inside game,but it seems it is in here after reading all those posts....
Parker doesn't need to give ball to Duncan when he's in perfect position to score since Duncan needs to get the ball near paint and does all the work in there...Same with shaq
All in all i don't think it's even worth discussing since it all comes down to "balanced" players or flow etc.
and yeah i always thought there was PG,SG,SF,PF,C for a reason to do his work on court,not SG doing C work or other way around etc.
But that is my philosophy or i just dont understand basketball at all now.

This Post:
125704.289 in reply to 125704.288
Date: 01/21/2010 16:04:31
Overall Posts Rated:
What about mighty avengers two nt level centers and nt level pg still can't win a game...so what players you must have to win in inside game??

What would you say if Dembe loss, 4 NT player and one pretty more NT like Shooting guard can win games. Sorry Denker isn't a NT PG anymore, and he even don't have any backup.

I recently notice that LI is pretty strong strategy just take a look onto my last game -> (19973169), and in this case i had the better players and his motivation couldn't be much higher then mine(i got ten) ;)

This Post:
125704.290 in reply to 125704.288
Date: 01/21/2010 17:46:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Your team should consist of SF-s with different emphasis on different positions. You need a SF with better inside skills on C and PF positions, SF with better outside skills on PG and SG positions. I can name atleast 4 players from USA national team that can practically play any position -> C.Anthony, K.Bryant, L.James, D.Wade. There are also a lot of big men that can shoot it from behind the arc. Also a lot of pg-s that score most of their points in the paint. Just gimme a team with those 4 + nowitzki and I have a perfect SF team!

This Post:
125704.291 in reply to 125704.287
Date: 01/21/2010 17:49:41
Overall Posts Rated:
While i agree with kausasas i can accept that bb has the rules that apply on and they are deferent that the real basketball. I can accept that we have to train more balanced big men.

Indeed they are very few out there, but why? because they can train all they need without changing positions. why we dont see so many balanced big men?(you can find many versatile guards, for sure much more than bigs) because its so hard to do it. I bet that if you give us the chance to train passing at least for forwards you will see that many managers will start to train it as they train JS. Put on the account that 6'10+ players are getting trained so slowly on the guard skills, and when they came out of the draft usually very poor guard skills and you will find out why they are not so many.

You know is painful to watch your rival that trains guards wining champions at the time that you put your 7'0 C to play PG just to train his passing, and i am not sure how many managers are willing to do it.

I am not expecting major changes on the game engine and i am sure that on the lab worked perfectly. What you have overlook its how we create those versatile big men? Whats the cost for it? So i think that some tweaking on what we can train for big men (PA for forwards for example, and keep the training speed same)it will helps greatly to see much more versatile big men, therefore less protest about the subject that we are talking. Else i cant see how this will change any time soon. I think that i am suggesting something very reasonable.

This Post:
125704.293 in reply to 125704.289
Date: 01/22/2010 07:24:46
Overall Posts Rated:
What about mighty avengers two nt level centers and nt level pg still can't win a game...so what players you must have to win in inside game??

What would you say if Dembe loss, 4 NT player and one pretty more NT like Shooting guard can win games. Sorry Denker isn't a NT PG anymore, and he even don't have any backup.

I recently notice that LI is pretty strong strategy just take a look onto my last game -> (19973169), and in this case i had the better players and his motivation couldn't be much higher then mine(i got ten) ;)

Who is denker ???i wasn't talking about him...Hmm Dembe doesn't have backups either...
Wow! one game makes you think that LI is strong strategy :/
AND i still fail to understand how balanced centers are gona help in inside game,do they start jumpshotting and turning game into outside game???huh???

This Post:
125704.294 in reply to 125704.293
Date: 01/22/2010 07:37:52
Overall Posts Rated:

Who is denker ???i wasn't talking about him...Hmm Dembe doesn't have backups either...
Wow! one game makes you think that LI is strong strategy :/
AND i still fail to understand how balanced centers are gona help in inside game,do they start jumpshotting and turning game into outside game???huh???

Denker was his PG, you mentioned.

No one games make you think, it is impossible to build a inside game succesfull ;)(in your eyes it must be that succesfull that a great outside game get wasted even with homecourt) I know plenty of succesfull inside games, but this one was the most recent and one that shows the options of it very good.

For me also inmbalanced center are good enough especially for Inside game(passing is always nice, and the JS of my center helps me often but mostly in outside games) - but if you have it brings something.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 01/22/2010 07:40:58

This Post:
125704.295 in reply to 125704.293
Date: 01/22/2010 14:04:54
Overall Posts Rated:

I think there's three major things at play here:
1) In a LI/LP offense the PF and C take a lot of short range jump shots where JS may be a significant factor.
2) In order to get a good shot you need high flow. High PS/HN in your big men help contribute to this and produce better shots/few turnovers.
3) If your centre has the ball and someone with good defense is on him and he has high inside shot but low secondaries he has only two options: take a shot or turn the ball over. These leads to a fair number of bad shots. If he has high secondaries then he can opt to dribble out of the situation or pass to a player in a better position if he is presented with a bad shot.

This Post:
125704.296 in reply to 125704.295
Date: 01/22/2010 14:23:28
Overall Posts Rated:
1.What do you call short range jumpers?if inside painted area i thought inside shot handled this...also i don't want my center taking jumpshots in inside game
2.I thought that pg,sg,sf only contributed to flow...on the other hand i agree with passing on centers,but handling is just useless.
3.Agreed on some parts.
To crazyeye:i was talking about the chilean pg.
But still the salary diffirence between outside team and inside team is huge,to play inside game at high levels(BBB or Div 1) you must have monster centers,pg and good sg,sf,meanwhile playing outside is diffirent you can have defensive centers whose wages are not 200k and you dont need 150k sg's.

Last edited by kausasas at 01/22/2010 14:29:46

This Post:
125704.297 in reply to 125704.296
Date: 01/22/2010 14:48:04
Overall Posts Rated:
1. Looking at the replays of games you can see that PF/Cs shoot a lot of jumps from outside the key when they can't get good shots in closer. I suspect that JS plays a role in determining if these shots go in. Obviously you don't want your big guys shooting short and mid-range shots, but it doesn't appear to be something that managers have a ton of control over.

2. I believe that while PG, SG and SF contribute to the flow rating the PF and C do contribute to how the game engine actually calculates things. I would argue that handling is as important, if not more important for bigs since it plays a major role in limiting turnovers. High OD big men can wreak havoc on big men with low handling.

Advertisement