BuzzerBeater Forums

Canada - IV.3 > Div IV.3 - Season 16 Discussion!

Div IV.3 - Season 16 Discussion!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/19/2011 15:03:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome everyone new to the Division and participants from last year!

Who else is pumped for this season?!

I started late last season and only got a few season games under my belt, but look for the Spitfires to be favorites to win the Div IV.3 Title this season. I've been very active on the transfer list and decided to dedicate most of my training this season to my young C and PF's.

Good Luck!

Message deleted
This Post:
181690.3 in reply to 181690.1
Date: 05/24/2011 10:29:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Hamilton Steelers are in the league and ready to Rock!

Won't take me long to figure this out, and when I do I will be a force to deal with!

Cheers

Dolph
Manager
Steelers

This Post:
181690.4 in reply to 181690.3
Date: 06/03/2011 11:26:54
Overall Posts Rated:
My team - The Rasta Raptors - are ready to win it all this season!

Thank you for an amazing adventure so far! Hope for great competition ahead - if I do or do not make it to the playoffs - IV.3 was a great league!

You're Great 8 competitor,
Rasta Raptors

This Post:
181690.5 in reply to 181690.4
Date: 06/04/2011 01:26:30
Overall Posts Rated:
The League is getting more and more active. This is nice. For most of the early season this league was all bot teams and dead.

It's nice to have you guys aboard, Dolph and Rasta. You should have been put in the other division, Big 8 is stacked with Legends, myself and Cronic Kings. Gonna be tough for you, but only one team will be promoted so we may see next season. I think Legends will be pretty unbeatable the rest of the way.

If you need any tips, you can ask me, I have only been playing for a short time now, but I think I have a decent understanding of player roles and skill ratings. The biggest thing to remember is Patience. You need atleast 5-7 seasons of Arena building under your belt before you have enough cash to compete in the best leagues. In league IV, train your players and look for diamonds in the rough on transfer, but its important to keep Team Salary low to sustain a decent budget. Keep your roster around 10-14 players, its best to just Fire your worst players from the start to trim the fat, lower salary players tend to be the worst. Your biggest priority in your first few seasons should be building your arena.

I made a mistake of trying to overhaul my roster when I just started last season, instead of build my arena. While now I have a fairly balanced team of low cost, young players - I'm not making alot of cash each week cause my Arena is small.

As far as roster and winning games...

Theres a big importance on gameshape and minutes of players, also Enthusiasm is a really handy tool. Alot of info can be found in the Help Forums and Q&A stuff there. Sometimes a good idea to scout teams beforehand, check game logs and see what offense matches up best with which defense, which players with good defense skills on your team can you match up against the opponents star player or position.

By clicking on either "Great 8" or "Big 8" above the standings, you can see how active each GM is by last log in time. Helps when facing inactive teams, can go on Take It Easy and Win, will build up Enthusiasm for next game. Can cost you wins early in the season, but if you can sustain Enthusiasm at high levels the players get a boost in performance.

Whoa... Wall of Text.

Anyways, I better get some trash talking in now that were down the stretch in the season.

The Legends and Cronic Kings shoot free throws like my grandma

This Post:
181690.6 in reply to 181690.5
Date: 07/23/2011 23:59:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats to The_Legends! Good Season! Petters is BEAST!

See the rest of you next year.... ;)