BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.12 > My first Season Forum

My first Season Forum

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/01/2011 04:36:58
Overall Posts Rated:
So I'm starting my technical first season as head of Biro's Team Huskies. This season will explain a lot if the off season acquisitions was worth the money or not. Leading the way are strong PG passing, PF and C with strong rebounding, and scoring from the SG and PF. A great role player position hopefully from SF.

So I was also wondering, what should I expect from being in this league? Should I expect great play? What other people are active? What teams will try to take out my stars?

Hit me up with a reply!

This Post:
200293.2 in reply to 200293.1
Date: 11/01/2011 13:01:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Coming off 1/2 a season of experience, I naturally wouldn't go so far as to label myself a BB-expert, so I won't say much about what to expect from the rest of the league (nor should you listen to me if I did). But anyhow, I'll say a little bit about my team and its objectives moving forward.

Shagon is a young team that probably won't compete right now, but could be dangerous in the future. They haven't made any real acquisitions of note, except in the draft. Coming in, the team was in disarray, with a horrible record and very few encouraging signs. But they did have the #1 overall pick, and with some scouting, the scouts were fortunate enough to discover a real stud: 6'1" HOF shooting guard Delfin Divinagracia. While he should immediately upgrade the backcourt for the foreseeable future, the team still has so many holes that they probably still won't be competitive this season. As such, this season is all about focusing on Divinagracia and getting him the right training minutes so he can improve, get ready to own V.12, and hopefully make the U21 national team and win his manager free supporter (a man can dream, right?). Don't expect many wins, but keep an eye on this team--next season they could be a legit contender.

This Post:
200293.3 in reply to 200293.1
Date: 11/02/2011 11:33:56
Overall Posts Rated:
It's kinda hard to determine who'll be active and who won't be. Since where in League V we end up getting alot of people who sign up for the game and never come back. If you stay active, It shouldn't be extremely hard to at least make the playoffs.

As far as your first season, I recommend finding a solid prospect and start training him to be the star of the future for your team. Here's a good thread to give you the run-down on training. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thread=144856&m=1

I also recommend that you stay active on the community forums. It's a good place to pick up some valuable tips.

Good luck this season,
Tom

This Post:
200293.4 in reply to 200293.3
Date: 11/02/2011 15:30:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool Shagon. Maybe we can start a rivalry together? Thanks for the information Tom! I think this league won't be so bad. There'll be some fun though with all of us in this league!