BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.54 > Teams To Watch OUT For!!!!!

Teams To Watch OUT For!!!!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/21/2012 20:59:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah-Yeah..Its only 6 games so anything can happen to any team. But I got to tell League 54, there are a couple of teams I have been impressed with. Besides Muggles who is quietly loading up and whooping all comers in the great 8 is very impressive as of now. Probably the most impressive of the list as well as Olmers who just keeps playing HIS game and just stepping on the necks of whoever is in his way. Then we get to Naptown (Can't win the big game) Pacers who has lost they're combo guard and leading scorer Adrian Hawksley for what seems to be longer than 2 weeks but are still winning games by Vetern saavyness and putting away teams in the 4th qrter. BUT, I really..REALLY like Maui and Trenton Flying Squirels. Maui who can be a complete disaster come playoff time for ANYBODY they play. They have it all balanced. Offense, Defense, Rebounding, Passing. They are going to hang around and hang around and keep winning the games they are supposed to win and have a crazy enthusiasm number like 10, when playoffs roll around and they can ride that lightning. Naptown and Olmers have beaten Maui in the 1st of 2 games and let me tell you. They just beat me up. Punched us right in the throat and just kept coming at us. We stayed poised and barely pulled away in the final 5 mins of the game. In another game against Trenton.....Look at his roster. All young and jolting athletic and runs that Run n Gun to a tee. Perfect team for the RnG and again Naptown had a difficult time with his older players but prevailed in the final quarter. Until Court Murderers, Triple B and Bash BEAT Muggles (And it can happen) Muggles is by far the BEST team in League 54 through 6 games.

As a side note: Especially for the newcomers and young teams. Try and find a mentor in a higher division to get valuable advice from. Some are real pricks and think they shouldnt have to help anybody. BUT, you dont have to look long. Naptown has had some awesome advice from a couple of high ranked teams as well as Olmers I'm sure. Plow through the forums, start a random thread, there are some COOL managers higher ranked that are more than generous in giving advice.

This Post:
233538.2 in reply to 233538.1
Date: 12/28/2012 12:54:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Impressive performance with Low Post yesterday, Naptown. Are you going to be making a permanent switch to an inside offense team? I'm not sure if the Ohmers, or even I, will be able to match something like that.

This Post:
233538.3 in reply to 233538.2
Date: 12/28/2012 16:43:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, Iv never tried LOW POST until this past tues against a team that likes to full court press. So, I just rolled the dice on that one and my bigs took over and still had decent performance from my wing players. YES! It is something i have been looking into as I just purchased 2 7 footers age 19 and they are starting to pop. Much easily than any other trainees i ever had. I spent 3-4 weeks on 2 trainees that are combo guard and small forward and didnt get one pop in anything. I train these 2 new BIG's and pop on the 1st training. Im going to try to make them both beasts eventually.

This Post:
233538.4 in reply to 233538.2
Date: 12/28/2012 16:54:19
Overall Posts Rated:
AND I dont think i can make a permanent switch to look inside or low post because of my hi potent shooters..a couple are old but still scoring especially in crunch time. Base offense and run n gun seems to get ALL players involved in offense to some extent. I am pretty sure Olmers has a brilliant plan to beat me. He's playing it pretty smart right now which i am too. By playing take it easy against any weaker teams/bot teams and then switch it up to normal when playing a better team. I started doing that last season a few times and it seemed to make the players step up they're game on every aspect of the game. I know he is using that same type of playing and when he plays me..he will have a 15 or higher on the encouragement chart.

This Post:
233538.5 in reply to 233538.4
Date: 01/02/2013 21:12:42
Overall Posts Rated:
C-R-A-P!!!!! I lost Ruben. What a hit Naptown took over this past weekend by losing they're top rebounder and most consistent shooter at 62% and avg 17pts per game along with nearly 18RB's per game. Naptown's GM Forever-Ballin says he is reviewing game film to determine if it was a flagrant foul. "Too bad, too late, oh well" and hearing Miho and Adrian as well as a couple of others Did in fact mention it was a cheap shot on the 33 yr old and basically the teammates had one thing in mind and that was to run the score as high as possible. "I've known Bash for a few seasons now, and I personally dont think he or his team wishes any ill-will on our team" We're going to have to step it up in our down low offense and defense claims the assistant coach. We have a tough schedule ahead of us....Court Murderers who plays the Base Offense better than ANY team in league 54 are trouble to figure out, and now with our all-star power forward done for 2 -3 weeks and Adrian who is just getting back from a 2 week injury is still having a hard time getting in game shape. So we depend on our MUCH OLDER vets to help us win such as Palamas, Kwinko & Jakobs. We'll need to keep training our young guys and step up our game shape/stamina and most important Team Rebounding.

We're 10 games in and by some miracle Naptown is undefeated who looked awful at the beginning of the season. There are still teams that are fun to watch and are taking BB very serious. Maui, again. Ive said it several other times Rob Mac K has put together a hell of a team. But in NO Particular order can these teams make it out of V54?
Olmers-My pick to overtake 1st place and to win the Big 8 championship (You cant beat Petko)
Muggles- Same as Olmers...BUT. DOES MUGGLES HAVE THAT EXTRA FIREPOWER OR DEFENDER to overcome Olmers?
Naptown-Too Sketchy, Players seem lathargic at times and NO WAY plays to they're full potential.
Maui-One season away from going deep into the playoffs..And could be a surprise this season
Court Murderers-Those pesky Muggles stand in they're way. Argulably one of the BEST teams in League 54
Triple B-Got the "D" with his full court press which can cause problems with Court and Muggles if they're not careful.
Bash Barbarians-They got the team, now can they just knock out Mugs or Court Murderers??
My 2 dark teams- Trenton and Royal Airness! Both teams can be in the playoffs, but they must play to they're potentials for the remainder of the season 22.

This Post:
233538.6 in reply to 233538.5
Date: 01/02/2013 22:36:52
Overall Posts Rated:
What level is your doctor? I suggest getting a better one, considering how unlucky your players have been.

This Post:
233538.7 in reply to 233538.6
Date: 01/03/2013 00:25:06
Overall Posts Rated:
DAMN...He is still the minimal. I Knew I had bought one just before the season started, but never really checked anymore...hows that for managing!!!!hahahahaaha I still have the same doc i had when i started during season 17. I have a good trainer and a good PR guy, but i cant see them keeping my guys out of trouble. I better look into this asap.

This Post:
233538.8 in reply to 233538.7
Date: 01/03/2013 12:07:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes...that is a huge "DAMN" to worry about. Good Lord, you still have the original doctor from season 17? His salary must have inflated quite a bit.
If you still haven't gotten a doctor yet, I recommend either a basic or competent doctor, depending on how much your income is. If your income is too low, just get a Basic doctor. You need more income since you are looking to expand that arena. I also recommend highly the taping injuries specialty. Taping Injuries gives a chance for an injured player to recover from the injury right after the game, I believe. Good luck with the rest of the season.

This Post:
233538.9 in reply to 233538.6
Date: 01/03/2013 12:17:05
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been meaning to ask you, "Joule."
Conservation of energy ironically doesn't seem to apply to you.
What's with your players' ridiculous game shapes? Why is everyone proficient?
Either you fail to conserve your own name or the "Olmers" have ridiculous luck.

This Post:
233538.10 in reply to 233538.9
Date: 01/03/2013 20:25:54
Overall Posts Rated:
If league games were collisions, they would be perfectly elastic. My team just happens to get the majority of that energy.

This Post:
233538.11 in reply to 233538.9
Date: 01/03/2013 20:29:33
Overall Posts Rated:
I did mess up my minutes this week, though, so no proficient gameshapes across the board this time.