BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.11 > S23 Preseason Predictions

S23 Preseason Predictions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/06/2013 12:02:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Based on recent performance and expected performance increases here is my best guess for this season. Best of luck to all and in no way is this intended to discourage anyone as the right purchases could drastically change the outlook of the season.

Big 8:
Mapleton won the Championship this past season and moved on. The Hurrikanes also moved on despite their early playoff exit. This leaves Fond du Lac Lighthouse and Chaos Titans as the only remaining playoff teams from this past season. Not surprisingly, I predict that they will again make the playoffs. Joining them, I expect will be Bitz and Houston Bulls although not much separates the teams between 3rd and 8th. The big 8 may also have one of the best team names ever...the Boise Gudfernuttins.
Rankings:
Chaos Titans
Fond du Lac Lighthouse
Bitz
Houston Bulls
gr grinders
Ballers032
Oakhavenhawks
Boise Gudfernuttins

Great 8:
The Stockton Sea Lions also made their exit from the division having been promoted due to their strong showing during the season. Their primary competitors last season, srar and Red Walruses, are also expected to continue their strong showing into season 23. Huskies Pups and cjhb are expected to slide up into the playoffs this season although with the strength of this side of our division their may be a logjam that the use of Crunch Time and Take It Easy will unload. A surprise entry into the mix for a playoff spot is Minnesota Reapers whose play in the later part of last season was much improved. I have them finishing 5th, but they are nipping at cjhb's heels.
Rankings:
srar
Huskies Pups
Red Walruses
cjhb
Minnesota Reapers
Red Devils
Young gunns
dontae

Playoffs:
At this point, srar is the prohibitive favorite which is not surprising since their player salary is greater than 50% of the next highest team, Red Walruses. Most of the higher salaried teams are in the Great 8 and that division will be the stronger division this season. However, Big 8 do have the 2nd best rated and the 4th best rated teams so it may not be as lopsided as it appears.
Round 1:
Big 8 Chaos Titans over Houston Bulls
Big 8 Fond du Lac Lighthouse over Bitz
Great 8 Srar over cjhb
Great 8 Red Walruses over Huskies Pups
Round 2:
Big 8 Chaos Titans over Fond du Lac Lighthouse
Great 8 srar over Red Walruses
Finals:
srar over Chaos Titans in 3 games.

Last edited by Kzarik at 03/06/2013 12:03:27

This Post:
237950.2 in reply to 237950.1
Date: 03/06/2013 17:00:47
Overall Posts Rated:
Very impressive of you, it do seems that your predictions is right but you never know a surprise team might mae a strong push. But I tink you are right about me and you making it to the finals this season to face each other n we will see who win it all n get promoted.

GOOD LUCK!