USA - IV.5 > INTRODUCTIONS (Div. IV-5)

INTRODUCTIONS (Div. IV-5)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/29/2013 11:46:31
Overall Posts Rated:
To Season 25, Division IV-5 Managers,

Let's Introduce ourselves. Feel free to reply to any or all of the questions below:

1. Would you like to share anything about yourself?

*My name is Bob. I am 58 years old and a retired Social Worker from Southern California.
I have lived in Georgia for the past 3 years.

2. What is your team's name? How did you decide on this name?

*Peachtree City Shooting Stars. This is my city name and I like shooting stars.
Shooting Stars also fits as a basketball team name.

3. What do you like about Buzzer Beater or your Buzzer Beater Team?

*I like the complexity of the skills, tactics, and strategies.

4. Is there anything else you would like to share?

*I enjoy viewing the games live.

This Post:
249330.2 in reply to 249330.1
Date: 10/03/2013 22:26:01
Overall Posts Rated:
1. I shall leave my name anonymous but i will say i am attending college at St John's University majoring in Business.
2. My Favorite animal is the wolf, I don't know why i choose the word Accel
3. I like Buzzerbeater because it a online basketball game and i like basketball
4. Nothing else to share

Nice to meet you Bob

Message deleted
This Post:
249330.4 in reply to 249330.3
Date: 10/04/2013 21:57:18
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't really say anything as a freshmen, so we shall see once i take my main courses.

This Post:
249330.5 in reply to 249330.1
Date: 10/05/2013 21:53:30
Overall Posts Rated:
hey bob!

1. My name is Caleb, I'm a 20 year old history and german major at Indiana University. I coach a 7th and 8th grade basketball team as a volunteer.

2. My team is named The Fundamentalists, because as a coach and player of basketball, fundamentals are obviously important.

3. I really love the depth of the Buzzerbeater game. It seems like there is always more to learn, and the community is really dedicated and friendly.

4. I'm really hoping for my PG, Hector Pimentel, to make the U21 national team this year.

This Post:
249330.6 in reply to 249330.5
Date: 10/07/2013 10:18:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Caleb,
Wow! My sons have similar interests. My 22 year old, Daniel, is a Buzzer Beater div IV manager and wants to be a volunteer Basket Ball coach. My 17 year old, Scott, loves his History and German classes.

Congratulations on your 4 and 1 record. The Great 8 race looks very tight.

Bob

This Post:
249330.7 in reply to 249330.1
Date: 10/21/2013 15:45:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello and welcome to Division IV.5.

I hope that this posting includes all of the previous introductions and (if you like to reply) that your reply reaches everyone. Let me know if you need any help.

Bob Christopher
Manager of the Peachtree City Shooting Stars

This Post:
249330.8 in reply to 249330.7
Date: 11/13/2013 02:09:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Division IV-5 Managers,

1. Would you like to share anything about yourself?

My name is Nate. I am 20 years old and am a huge basketball fan from Towson, Maryland. I have lived in Maryland my whole life and now I have even transferred to hometown school...Towson University. The Tigers even got their first ever AP top 25 vote recently so I am super excited. They are in the other receiving votes of the AP poll. Their new arena is amazing...it is called SECU Arena. They host a very good Temple team this Thursday, it should be a blast.

2. What is your team's name? How did you decide on this name?

*Polands Revenge. I wanted to be creative and I know the country of Poland has been through a lot. Their whole country was practically destroyed in WW2, so this team name represents the motivation of a country to get its redemption. Because part of being a true championship team is getting your redemption and that takes a burning desire that roots from something that makes you want it bad. And for Poland it took the greatest pain and destruction before they got to have progress again.

3/4 What do you like about Buzzer Beater or your Buzzer Beater Team? And other things I want to share:

*It was the site I had been in a hunt for. I found out about it around season 8 I think and I was instantly engaged. It took many seasons (around 5 seasons) to get a full hang of. I have had to rebuild a few times and have been in and out of D3 a few times. I wanted a game that I wanted to be committed to, and feel a belonging to without feeling stupid. This game is a competitive site that is hard to come by these days. It is a genuinely competitive, and a fun site for any patient, competitive sportslover. I miss my recreational sports days, but I love the idea of managing things also. Playing is awesome, but managing is just as humbling and exciting, but in a whole different perspective.

Other positives about BB: You can see the players faces, watch the games live, compete with other divisions in the cup. Its design is original and appealing. It has the kind of features you want as a sports fan and more importantly as a BASKETBALL FAN. It is not perfect by any means, but neither is real life sports. And I have seen a lot of improvements since I first joined, they make sure to make some additions every season. And I have never had the thought to want to stop playing, which shows that this is one of those everlasting places. We are fortunate to have a solid staff and may BB live on!

This Post:
249330.9 in reply to 249330.8
Date: 11/16/2013 13:46:57
Overall Posts Rated:
========================================================
Hi Nate,
Very interesting information about your team name. I didn't realize there was so much history behind your team name and the motivation that it represents.

Your descriptions about your experiences over the past several years of buzzer beater are very encouraging.

Nice to meet you Nate.

Manager of the Peachtree shooting stars -
Bob Christopher
=========================================================

This Post:
249330.10 in reply to 249330.9
Date: 12/14/2013 22:53:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Good Luck in the Finals! Looking forward to matching up against your undefeated squad.

This Post:
249330.11 in reply to 249330.10
Date: 12/19/2013 00:51:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the message wishing me good luck. I especially liked your introductory message. I found your message to be inspiring and reassuring, I can see why good teams move up and down between divisions to pick the right time to pay the highly skilled players.
Good luck in finals game 2 and 3 if needed.
Bob Christopher - Manager of the Peachtree City Shooting Stars
================================