This Post:
Date: 04/20/2018 08:53:18
Pheonix Galati
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Alpha Tauri BC
Hello Guys,

I am the new U21 Eire manager and I have started my "work". I already contacted some of the managers that have the best quality players currently in the squad and I will continue to asses the players and the managers that I can work with.

I already have a negative vote which is ok, however I would like to know here what I can do to make things better. If you have questions, doubts or suggestions do not hesitate to contact me. A negative vote before even the first game to me feels a bit without substance.

For the first game against the Netherlands the enthusiasm is not at the best level so it would be difficult to imagine big a
surprise. I have to finalize in the weekend the tactic and the player selection and figure a way to get maximum out of our games in group.

Cheers,
Polux

This Post:
293898.2 in reply to 293898.1
Date: 04/24/2018 10:14:14
Pheonix Galati
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Alpha Tauri BC
Hello guys,
I hope the win against the Netherlands pleased you as it pleased me and that assures a positive start. Without being too overenthusiastic about this lucky win, in the end, we need to keep driving forward and try to overachieve.

I will contact some of you which have players and do not train them so perhaps if there are managers who want to train they will get this chance. Please notify me if you are from any side (has young talent and does not plan to train immediately or would like to train but has no resources to do so) and perhaps we can mediate a solution and balance the training for the greater good.

If you would like to relive some moments of the game please read the U21 Ireland press blog https://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/pressblog.aspx?Thre...

Last edited by Polux at 04/25/2018 03:30:29

This Post:
293898.3 in reply to 293898.2
Date: 04/30/2018 15:40:19
Pheonix Galati
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Alpha Tauri BC
Unfortunately in the game against Israel we could not play to the same extend as we did with the Netherlands, therefore we lost 105 - 91 (45948).

I also risked in this case to prepare for a balanced defense, not listening to my instinct that they might attack on the inside since the center and the small forward were in the best game shape.

We won quarter 2 and in the 1st and 3rd we stayed close but we were outclassed in the last quarter. We had slightly better ratings than the fist game against the Lions however Israel had less turnovers and converted more shots since our defensive is not at the best level. Perhaps a this should be the focus for training in the next period.

Denmark has even more skill than Israel so it will be a difficult contest for us.

Go Eire!

This Post:
293898.4 in reply to 293898.3
Date: 05/08/2018 03:16:40
Pheonix Galati
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Alpha Tauri BC
Yesterday we played on the CenterOfDarknessAndFear and that all we seen from this game against Denmark, darkness and fear. Darkness because I wanted to win this game and I got a blackout and fear because I did not play with the level of attitude that I should have. My gamble on playing J. Brown as a PF worked as he scored 30 points and he had most of the rebounds. On the other hand A. Hurley did not play the best on the Center position, neither did D. O'Driscoll on which my hopes relied on from the SF position.

It is a disappointing defeat especially when our FG % were similar with the ones from Denmark but defensively we were much to passive losing the rebounding battle 31-55 from which extra possessions gave the Danes the possibility to win comfortably, especially when they had A. Pedersen (C) with good performance on both sides of the court. Our couple of 3's kept us in the game but it was not sufficient.

We go further and hopefully some players will catch from behind as this campaign is already compromised.

Go Eire!