BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
297841.2 in reply to 297841.1
Date: 01/31/2019 19:00:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm against BB GMs in general and in particular on a personal level against the unholy trinity of Perpete, Foto and Nickleon. I think they have done actual damage to this game and taken some questionable decisions. Manon has his issues too although nowhere near as severe.

The fact that one of the candidates has ties to another EU nation is also a reason for me to be less inclined to vote his way.

Any English manager feeling like running? I haven't voted in the last few elections, but I will make an exception this time and go with the Canadian lady if nobody else throws his or her hat in the ring.

This Post:
297841.3 in reply to 297841.2
Date: 01/31/2019 20:30:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I hope that I'm more than just a last resort, but I appreciate the support. I don't take these things lightly .

To: Bora
This Post:
297841.5 in reply to 297841.4
Date: 02/01/2019 02:34:56
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I can confirm Boro politely asked me if I was standing and only registered when I told him no, he was very polite. I can also confirm that Music Chick is fully able to do the role for our NT and has also always been polite. I wish both candidates the best of luck.

This Post:
297841.6 in reply to 297841.3
Date: 02/01/2019 05:12:12
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not a matter of being a last resort option. I hope you appreciate that none of us know either of you, so we have to make a decision based on the information we have, feedback from people who were involved with you in the past and mostly effort and engagement.

If Vecx thinks you are both qualified we can safely assume you both are, so the decision will come down to something else for most people.

To: Bora
This Post:
297841.7 in reply to 297841.4
Date: 02/01/2019 05:19:14
Overall Posts Rated:
One point to you. Especially those 3 GMs I have had public and private arguments and I don't think any amount of good they may have done in other circumstances would make me change my mind.

I agree there is nothing wrong with you being from a EU nation per se, it's just a minor thing, but ultimately everything counts when you have to decide between people you don't know.

I'll now try to be constructive and keep an open mind, so I will ask some questions and I invite other members from the community to do the same, so that we have a better idea abou you guys.

This Post:
297841.8 in reply to 297841.7
Date: 02/01/2019 05:42:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright so here are some questions for all candidates (short answers will do for me, but feel free to elaborate):
1. How do you plan to engage with the BB England community?
2. Are you running for any other NT this season?
3. Do you think you will need to have some staff to help you out? Are you actively planning to have someone else help out? If so how are they going to be selected?
4. Can you share with us the player you trained you are most proud of (without going into details about skills) and what made you most proud about him? Similarly can you share with us a BB game you played (with your team or leading/assisting a NT) that you are proud of for tactical reasons and where you thought you overachieved or nailed the tactics to perfection, explaining your reasoning for it?
5. From the outside looking in, considering s44 games and roster, what do you think were the strengths and weaknesses of the team last season? What do you think of the draw for this season?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 02/01/2019 05:45:45

This Post:
297841.10 in reply to 297841.9
Date: 02/01/2019 07:43:25
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I can't claim to know Music Chick at all well but we've had contact in the past, and also just before the election. She'd clearly read last season's thread and knew I was thinking of standing. In the end I decided I didn't want the job and am very comfortable with the idea of her being our NT coach.

I find myself in the unusual position of being in general agreement with Lemon. I would add to his comments that the community should be able to speak freely to their NT manager, that person should be responsible to them and that I believe makes the relationship incompatible with the position of GM. I certainly would not be comfortable conversing on the forum with a GM in those circumstances.

This Post:
297841.11 in reply to 297841.8
Date: 02/01/2019 08:44:59
Overall Posts Rated:
1. How do you plan to engage with the BB England community? I am always open for businesss... wait that sounded wrong. What I mean is that I have an open door policy. You have feedback, as long as it's presented with respect, you will get the same back from me. I'm quietly active, so you probably will hear more from me in the form of BB mails, as opposed to loud forum posts. That being said, some occasions call for forum posts ie. big victories, losses, community/player shout-outs. I seem like a lone she-wolf, but with my open-door policy comes opportunities for anyone who wants to help with the direction of the NT. Leave no stone unturned!!!

2. Are you running for any other NT this season? Definitely not running for another NT. I want to run in an English-speaking country and the Canada ship has already passed for me. You guys have a great reputation for being brutally honest, but also of showing support to any NT manager if they show you the same support. I hope to earn your trust, not only by trying to gain surprising victories(when possible), but also through communication and trying to make more BB friends.

3. Do you think you will need to have some staff to help you out? Are you actively planning to have someone else help out? If so how are they going to be selected? Yes, I kind of mentioned this up top, but definitely want staff to help out. It's not a question of need, it's a matter of want. I want to learn about the managers I am working for, so I only wish to employ English staff. How will they be selected? Well, i started to create a hard-core application for those interested...(joke--bad one though)... anyone who shows me interest, I am open to. It's a small BB nation, so no need to alienate anyone. I realize there are some that may not agree in here, but my job is to attempt to unite as many as possible.

answers 4 and 5 will come later. I am at work. Hope this is a good start. thank you for the questions.