Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
298537.10 in reply to 298537.8
Date: 02/26/2019 07:26:33
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Tough loss against Italy but I hope we bounce back against Peru. Peru took it easy in their last game. Spain caught a break with wrong GDP against Israel. Tough matches for sure remain in our schedule. Our shape was pretty good this week, just didnt have enough firepower to match up. Lets hope we catch a break next week, good luck coach.

This Post:
298537.11 in reply to 298537.10
Date: 02/26/2019 11:23:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Italy - Philippines 123-89

Mixed feelings after this match. We faced probably the best team in the world and we've been annihilated worse than I expected at first. Our offense is really good, our outside rating is probably the best along all the competition but indeed without defense and rebounding you can't win matches.
Italians big men are outstanding and despite my clinched prediction they shopped baskets for free in our paint.
We can say we allowed many oreb tap in, but generally speaking they are too ahead of us right now where primaries count considering low enth for all teams. Our scorers did it good with de lira torching Italians small forward and gamosa putting up a solid Performance. Our bench didn't do their job and our power forward position has been dismantled in all his rotating players. Lim buiza and Domingo were outscored by salary record man Argappio.
No drama for this loss, we can start our competition next week vs Peru.

Mvp: Bill Leon De Lira

This Post:
298537.12 in reply to 298537.11
Date: 03/04/2019 15:22:53
Overall Posts Rated:
This match pissed me off.
We shot better, we made more assist, we had better ratings, we had better matchups. And we lost.
I can't find a good reason, since basically despite their prediction our flow was brilliant, we did it great on offense.
Rebounding continues to be an issue unfortunately, but indeed losing a match because of our free throws % makes me really sad.
This was a match to win, we lost, so basically now our championship road is really difficult. I hope to find a way to come out, but by the way thanks to you because the roster was greatly shaped.
Unluckily first matches need primaries more than secondaries, in the Asia championship we usually have time to recover primaries during first group, now we're struggling since opponents are really tough.

Oh by the way congratulations to Peru for a great match.

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 03/04/2019 15:23:10

This Post:
298537.13 in reply to 298537.12
Date: 03/05/2019 04:08:10
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Its fine coach. It could have easily been us winning the game instead. I hope the others realize the talent we need to actually pull this off. We are not that far. No huge salaries in this team but clearly better overall. So 1 or 2 studs more make a huge difference. I look at it as a preview of what we might accomplish if we can have total cooperation from our local trainers. We just need a bit more talent.

This Post:
298537.15 in reply to 298537.14
Date: 03/11/2019 22:51:12
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
If we beat Spain and Israel we finish 3-2 and Italy doesn't intentionally lose we can still make it but PD will have to be good assuming its a three way tie for second. Improbable but possible. It is a longshot but Italy can technically choose the second placer in our bracket or eliminate us from contention. I hope Italy thinks we are easier to beat than Spain (lol).

This Post:
298537.16 in reply to 298537.15
Date: 03/12/2019 03:56:06
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
I won't do anything intentionally to let you down, because this would be unfair and because I like you. Furthermore, I always play to win so clinching the 5-0 in the first round is my goal

However, all that said, Perù could potentially crunch in the last game and this is something that might complicate the equation

This Post:
298537.17 in reply to 298537.16
Date: 03/12/2019 07:38:56
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Didn't know you scouted our forum section (haha), nice showing for your team wish you the best of luck in the semifinals. We need a couple of things to go exactly our way so there is still hope. Peru had a game engine win against us. That's just the way the ball bounces sometimes. I think Spain matches up better against your team compared to ours but i am certain that you guys will come out on top and i know our coach will try his best to sneak in to the semifinals. Yeah they will probably crunch, nice position to be in no matter what happens you will clinch first in our bracket.

This Post:
298537.18 in reply to 298537.17
Date: 03/12/2019 10:31:34
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
I have eyes everywhere!

I'm joking, I usually take a look now and then to foreign forums, but that's only empathy for a friend and his community. I'm glad at least I managed to defeat with a huge amount of points Israel to provide you a chance

If there's someone who could give a chance to Philippines in such a tough situation that's NdR so...best of luck! And give him good game shapes!

By the way, I could eventually take a gamble on Perù considering my position, but I have no intention to lose against them considering I'd take forward a loss ^^

This Post:
298537.19 in reply to 298537.8
Date: 03/18/2019 23:22:47
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
That officially ends our campaign. Even if we didn't make the semis I would still like to thank you for your efforts. It's no small achievement qualifying for the Worlds. If this is what we can do with a few managers training, then there is still hope for us as a community. I hope we can stay relevant in Asia for a long time and have another shot to compete with the best countries.

The incentive for training a local player is national pride. The merchandising bonus is not that significant considering you spend on trainer(s). Its about making a player worthy enough to make a u21 player. I am sure 99% of the managers here play real basketball and is familiar with the concept of teamwork. Its not about what will benefit us personally as a manager in this game but what the group can achieve collectively. I hope we can gain more enthusiasm from the community to train and really commit to our NT's.

This Post:
298537.20 in reply to 298537.19
Date: 03/19/2019 03:24:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Technically it's not over. If we beat Israel we can go on to the 2nd round at least.
Let me say that this season everything seems to run in the unlucky way. With cargado in we were leading and sinking shots with good percentage.
Cargado out for fouls after only 15 mins despite a foul avg in my league below 3 pf per game. They shot 35 free throws to 10...
Something really unpredictable like the bad luck vs Peru in a match we should have won.
That said, Spain in the end deserved the victory, unfortunately our shape in big men was really poor, with only tobes at 9 (but tobes is way worse than the others).
Spain had three big men between 800k and 1m dmi. Ours were only around 400k.
I am not that sad generally speaking because we are displaying good talented players and our goal is still to keep on growing. But obviously you know how competitive I am, losing matches in this way makes me a bit angry. 😔😡

Advertisement