BuzzerBeater Forums

BB South Africa > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
299416.2 in reply to 299416.1
Date: 05/08/2019 02:18:59
SportingPortici
IV.23
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi, I'm Greer14, I am part of the Italian national team from a large number of seasons, I was also the coach a few seasons ago, and I was coach of Indonesian U21 and Hounduras.

My program is long-term, starting to work on the 18-year-olds to have a U21 modeled according to my idea in three seasons.

As far as my staff is concerned, it is composed only of me, but if any of you are interested I would like to create a staff based on what in Italy has led us to a high number of successes.

I hope to be elected

thank you all for your attention

Greer

"..because the limits as fears are just an illusion" M.J.
This Post:
299416.3 in reply to 299416.2
Date: 05/12/2019 08:26:11
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Gentleman this program in its current state sits at a crossroads. Lots of prior success in continental competition, and on paper some interesting pieces to work with ( particularly in Solomon's) but there would need to be some significant "coaching up" to snag gold. Nothing insurmountable but Egypt in particular has built a solid roster. A couple of other squads have a couple of monster players developing though as I expected the continent would be hard pressed to collectively put out a lineup that would make a dent internationally. But in regards to how things currently sit I think this is still a squad with enough in place to get to their accustomed position of making the elimination phase, as to what happens then will just come down to how this team develops as the season progresses.

I looked at a few box scores of some prior contests from the distant past and I can tell there has been times where this community has been collectively engaged. My goal is to get back to that. But the talent roster is splintered around the globe and the current level of interest in the community seems to have ebbed. First goal if elected is to reach out in an effort to regain that fire. Second goal is to not just identify what players in the pipeline have potential for the future but to make sure the managers who have those players are actively looking to build said players, no use in pining for improvement from players left to languish.

Third goal, and perhaps what I do best, is to make it fun to follow this team. If elected expect a significant increase in level of engagement socially in terms of using the press releases coming out. And I also would be more active in your forums as it looks like that is something that resonates with your countrymen. Plus I strongly encourage those who run across this missive to join the USA discord community, perhaps you already have your own but the crew out there is very welcome to anyone who seeks to connect with others who are part of the buzzer beater community no matter where they hail from https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2

I think the biggest difference is as someone who speaks English as their native language this bridge of a common tongue will make it so we can better communicate, and that is the key.

Hotels accross your land are preparing for the influx of visitors for the upcoming competition. Vuvusela manufacturers are gearing up production, btw I strongly encourage our fans to use those, particularly when our opponents are shooting free throws. And hopes are high all over South Africa for a return to form, I hope to be the one to serve as the frontman for that journey.

Thanks for your consideration